- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Whoa it's been forever since I updated! I figured I'd post a couple of chapters incase I still have any readers out there. I did recieve a nice comment today and it was greatly appreciated, so thank you! Enjoy!

Chapter 11

 

Veronica hurried in, tracking wet snow through the kitchen as she reached out to grab the ringing phone.

“Hello?”

“Veronica? It’s James, I didn’t catch you at a bad time did I?”

She smiled slumping down in one of the chairs at the table, struggling to pull her boots off.

“Nah, I just got in, I heard the phone ringing.”

“Sorry, I would’ve called your cell, but I figured you were either still in work or driving and…well that’s not really any reason to not call your cell…I guess I don’t really have a good reason,” he laughed.

Veronica chuckled, “It’s ok, you can call me at home anytime. So what’s up?”

“Oh nothing, just getting packed, getting ready to leave in a couple of days.”

“So looking forward to seeing your family and coming home?” Veronica asked as she stood and carried her boots out of the apartment and to the shoe tray outside of the door before walking back into the kitchen and wiping up the now melted snow with some paper towel.

“Absolutely, the closer it’s getting, the more anxious I’m getting. I really miss my family and I’m really excited to see you.”

“Aww you’re so sweet James, I‘m excited to see you too, lookin‘ all buff and stuff,” she giggled.

“Oh sure,” James laughed.

“You know it’s true, don’t be all humble.”

“Yeah yeah, anyway…we’re still on for dinner and a movie right?”

“I wouldn’t miss it.”

“Great. Unfortunately, I gotta go. But I’ll be there on Monday and I’ll give you a call and we can pick a movie and whatever.”

“Ok, talk to ya then.”

“Bye Veronica.”

She pressed the button and set the phone down on the table, walking back over to the door and grabbed her purse, pulling her cell phone out, flipping it open and pressing a speed dial button.

“Hello?”

Her face lit up.

“I can’t believe I got a hold of you!”

“Sweetie, hey!

“Hey you, what’s up?”

“Oh nothing really, resting, thinking of you. You must’ve known cause you called.”

She blushed, “Nah, I was missing you and so…”

“Aww Veronica,” Nick said softly.

“That wasn’t to make you feel guilty or anything, just ya know, I miss you…a lot.”

He frowned, “I miss you too Veronica, I swear I’m working on it, I’m gonna come see you soon I promise.”

“No no, it’s fine, no rush or anything.”

“There is a rush, a huge rush, I miss my babygirl.”

“Aww, it’ll just be that much nicer when we do see each other,” she sighed, walking over to the couch and flopping down.

“I guess, I just wish it was now.”

“Me too.”

There was silence on the other end for a moment before Nick spoke.

“Tomorrow me and AJ have a phone interview on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show.”

She blinked, “Oh yeah?”

“Yeah, I just…I wanted you to know that I may be asked if I’m dating or not, Ryan’s known for that kind of thing. I wanted to make sure that…ya know. I mean, everything is gonna change if…”

Veronica slowly closed her eyes, “I’m ready Carter.”

“You sure?”

“I’m sure.”

She opened her eyes.

Was she really ready?