- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I had major issues with this chapter.  Characters didn't want to cooperate, and it was more difficult for me then I thought it would be.  I hope it came off okay, and that you enjoy it!  Feedback is fabulous!

The furniture that Madi and her mother had ordered was supposed to arrive the same day Madi and Kaiden were moving into their new place.  It was much like the electrician or the likes...sometime between 6AM and 6PM.  Of course, it never arrived.  So, of course, Madi and Kaiden had nothing to sleep on.  No beds, no couch, no table and chairs...not that they would sleep on a table and chairs.

Unwilling to let her son spend the night on the floor, she decided to ship him back to grandma and grandpa's house for one more night.  And then she immediately made a phone call to the furniture place to yell.  Lots of yelling.

Madi had intended on spending the night as well, but AJ convinced her to let him take her out for the night.  To celebrate the fact that she didn't hate him anymore.  He would bring her back to her parent's house later that night.

"So, where are you taking me?" Madi questioned.  All he had told her was that it was a surprise, and to wear something cute and comfy.

"Not even a hint?  How do I know what to wear if I don't know what we're going to be doing?"

I already told you, cute and comfy.  None of those damn high heels that you girls like to wear either.  I don't know how you wear those."

"They make our legs look longer," Madi defended her female sex's choice to wear those damn high heels.

"Your legs are just fine.  I'll pick you up in an hour.  Cute and comfy," he said hanging up.

Madi immediately began trying to convince Holly to find out where he was taking her.  She hated surprises!  Holly refused to tell her, but made a compromise.  She would find out where they were going, and then help her get ready.  AJ had made her swear upon consequence of long and painful death that she wouldn't tell Madi.

Eventually Madi gave up her quest to find out where she was being taken, satisfied that she was at least going to be dressed well for the event.  Holly had chosen one of her own dresses for Madi to wear.  It was a little yellow and blue thing.  It would be perfect on Madi.

Right on time, there was a knock on the door.  AJ and Holly waited in the front room while Madi got her purse and shoes-not high heels, but sandals-together to complete her look.

"Wow...I...wow," AJ stuttered when Madi came down the hall to where they were waiting.  He pulled out a small bouquet of Madi's favorite flowers, white lilies, and handed them to her.

He started at her feet, noting the lack of high heels as he had requested, and instead seeing a pair of flat sandals that looked as though they were meant to go with the dress.  Moving up her bare legs, he came to the hem of the dress just above her knees.  The little blue and yellow dress flowed around her body.  It showed just enough skin to leave AJ wanting more, with it's wide straps and u-shaped neck line.

"Thank you," Madi smiled.

"I just...wow."

"You said that already Mr. Backstreet Boy.  We know she looks ‘wow'.  I got her ready, she'd have to look ‘wow' with my skills.  Okay, you two have fun.  Bye now Alexadison!"

AJ's eyebrows knit in confusion and Madi shot Holly a look.

"No?  I thought that's what we'd decided on.  I though you had ruled out Majay.  Or was I wrong?"

"What the hell is she talking about?"

"I'll explain in the car.  Let's go before she gets any more ideas."


The second they were out on the road Madi went to work trying to figure out where they were going.  AJ quickly changed subjects, asking for an explanation on the Alexadison/Majay thing.  So Madi went to work explaining her very weird best friend.


A short time later AJ pulled up to an empty field, a few trees scattered here and there, and...a blanket?  There was a blanket laying a few feet in front of them.  In the middle of an empty park.

"What are we doing here?"

"Dinner for two, under the stars," AJ led Madi the few feet to the blanket and indicated for her to sit.

He quickly ran back to the car, pulling some things out of the trunk.  He came back with a basket, and a boom box.  Setting things up around the blanket, he sat down with her.

"Wow, AJ.  This is amazing."

"I was hoping you would think so," he replied as he began to pull various foods out of the basket.

Sandwiches, not super romantic, but he made them himself, so that should count for something, came out first.  Setting them out on small paper plates, he handed one to Madi.  He then pulled out a container holding chocolate covered strawberries.

Turning the music on softly, the couple began to eat and talk.

"Was this a spur of the moment picnic?  Or had you planned it, hoping I would cave?"

"Oh I knew you would cave.  I knew you couldn't resist me," AJ laughed, earning a laugh from Madi as she leaned over and playfully hit him in the arm.

"Couldn't resist you...you're just lucky Kaiden loves you."

"Only Kaiden?" he pouted.

"Oh put the lip away.  You know I've fallen for you."

"You're amazing Madi.  I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you."

"I'm not going anywhere."

AJ and Madi sat talking about life, Kaiden, everything.  Madi lay back on the blanket after she had finished eating, looking up at the stars, listening to AJ talk about touring and life in the spotlight.  AJ put the leftovers back into the basket, pushing it off to the side.  He went to the radio, fiddling with the stations before finally landing on one that satisfied him.

"C'mon," he got to his feet.

"What?" Madi sat up, taking AJ's hands.  He pulled her to her feet.

"Dance with me," he said, pulling her to him and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Madi leaned against him, her arms going up around his neck.  She laid her head on his chest as the couple began slowly swaying to the music.

After a few silent seconds of dancing, AJ leaned down, almost whispering the words to her, "'Cause only you can save me, oh can't you see...I can't imagine life without your love...and even forever don't seem like long enough..."

Madi smiled against his chest as he softly sang to her the lyrics of one of their songs, holding him tighter in her arms.

"Everytime I breathe I take you in...and my heart beats again...Baby I can't help it...
You keep me drowning in your love..."


When Madi's furniture had arrived the next morning, Madi was nowhere to be found.  The furniture guys had called Madi's parent's house to let them know they were there.  Madi's mom had gone in to wake Madi up, only to discover Madi had never made it back home the night before.

Madi turned up about an hour later, in the same dress she had gone out in the night before.  It was obvious to her mother that Madi had not spent the night with Holly because AJ had brought her back that morning.  They had spent the night together.

Chapter End Notes:
If you want to see the dress that I used as inspiration for Madi's dress in this chapter, you can see it at this link: http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj277/KellyMouse84/A%20New%20Life/MadisDress.jpg