- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's a short chapter, but it is the final one.  I bring the story to a close here!  Enjoy!

Exactly one year to the day AJ and Madi met, they were brought together as an official family.  Holly and Madi had spent every free second going through magazines and trying on dresses, tasting cake and choosing flowers.  All the hard work had come to this one day.  The day that every little girl dreams about as they grow up.  Or at least most little girls.  It was Madi's wedding day.

Madi was holed away in the master bedroom with her mom, her best friend, and a select few other friends.  You'd have thought the world was coming to and end and these ladies were the last hope the way they were running around.  Madi's gown, a beautiful gown though not what her mom had pictured, hung in the corner, waiting to be put on for the big moment.

The strapless, white gown had a blue sash to tie in the bridesmaids dresses of the same shade of blue.  It wasn't a traditional gown with the big poofy skirt and long train, but it was perfect for Madi.  And the bouquet...the bouquet of white irises sat on the table by the door until it was time for the walk down the aisle.

AJ and the rest of the guys, his best men, were banned from the bedroom where the girls were.  Madi had made AJ stay with one of the guys the night before, following with the old wives tail that it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride for the twenty-four hours before the wedding.

The time had come.  Madi put on her gown, everyone straightening things out, making sure it was perfect.  The guys each took their places in the back yard.  The guests were all there and eagerly awaiting the ceremony.

They had set the back yard up the morning before for the ceremony.  On one end of the yard was the flower covered arch where Madi and AJ would be officially joined.  The guests' chairs moved back from there on either side of the aisle that Madi would walk down to meet her new husband.

AJ stood with the priest at the arch, Kevin, Nick, Brian and Howie each standing to his side.  And little Kaiden, all decked out in matching tuxedo-and not enjoying it too terribly much-was standing at the very end.

The music began, letting the guests know that it was time.  Each of the bridesmaids made their way down the aisle, taking their places on the bride's side.  And then it was Madi's turn.

The guests stood and turned to watch for her.  Slowly she began to make her way down the aisle, escorted by her father.

At the end of the aisle her father took AJ's hand in his, "You take care of my girl and my grandson."

The men shook hands before Phil put Madi's hand into AJ's, signaling that he was officially giving her to him.

"We are gathered here today on this beautiful Florida afternoon to witness the union of this man and this woman in holy matrimony," the priest began.

"I love you," AJ mouthed to Madi as the priest went through his whole schpeil, and she returned with the same.

"Do you, Alexander James Mclean, take this Madison Joelle Grey to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor, till death do you part?"

"I do."

"And do you, Madison Joelle Grey, take this Alexander James Mclean to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, for rich or for poor, till death do you part?"

"I do."

The two exchanged rings, putting them on each other's fingers.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife.  You may kiss your bride."

AJ and Madi shared a beautiful kiss before Kaiden chimed in, "Momma, we married yet?"

Everyone laughed and the priest finished, "Ladies and gentleman, it is my honor to present to you the Mclean family!"

Chapter End Notes:
If you would like to see the wedding gown Madi wore, you can find a picture here: http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj277/KellyMouse84/A%20New%20Life/MadisGown.jpg