- Text Size +

"You know who you've reached-if you don't, why'd you dial this number?  Do your thing!" AJ's answering machine announced.

"Hey bone-head...get it?  Bone head?" Nick laughed at himself, "We've got a meeting this morning.  Drag your ass outta bed!"

He waited a few seconds for AJ to answer, and when he didn't, "Fine, I'll wake you up on your cell then.

A few minutes later AJ felt the buzz from his cell phone in his pocket startle him awake.  Trying not to wake Madi up, he gently maneuvered himself so he could reach into his pocket for his phone.

"Hello?" he answered in a groggy half-whisper.

"Dude, why are you whispering?"

"Don't wanna wake up Madi.  What time is it?"

"Eight.  You slept over there?" AJ could hear the smile in his voice, "Did you get your bone on?"

"My what?  Dude, you're weird!  What the hell are you calling me for at this hour?"

"Oh, right, back to business.  We've got an emergency meeting at ten.  Kevin's prolly gonna yell at us for something."

"Yell at you, dude, you're the one getting into trouble all the time.  Who left you in charge of letting me know?  They should know better," AJ laughed.

Madi began to stir, reaching up to rub the sleep from her eyes.

"Mornin' gorgeous."

"Mmm, two mornings in a row.  A girl could get used to this," she sleepily smiled, sitting up.

"Age?  Hello??  Earth to Bone!" Nick could be heard yelling through the phone.

"Sorry dude.  I'll be there.  Thanks for letting me know!" AJ said and hung up, cutting his friend off from any further stupid comments.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to keep you here all night," Madi stretch, trying to get up.

"I kinda liked it."

Madi finally stretched out enough to get up and went into the kitchen to make breakfast.  Kaiden would be up at any time and, from the sounds of it, AJ was going to have to leave soon.  She figured it would be nice to make him a nice home-cooked breakfast after falling asleep on him the night before.


Holly spent the entire time at breakfast looking back and forth between AJ and Madi.  Madi knew she was looking for "sex hair", or hickeys, or any other clues to indicate what had happened the night before.  Madi was definitely NOT having that conversation in from of the kids or AJ.

Shortly after breakfast AJ had to leave.  No need to show up to a meeting-probably a useless waste of time meeting, but whatever-unshowered and in the same clothes he'd been seen in the day before.  Holly immediately went to work on Madi.  After occupying the kids with cartoons, she joined Madi in the kitchen to "help" her clean up.  Mostly she just sat on the counter trying to get details.

"So...?" Holly grinned.

"What?"

"You know exactly what," Holly wiggled her eyebrows.

"Nothing happened, perv-o.  We fell asleep on the couch."

"You are absolutely no fun.  I'm going to watch cartoons, at least they will be entertaining!" Holly huffed out of the kitched, upset that her vicarious living through her best friend wasn't more...exciting.

Madi was just finishing putting the dishes in the dishwasher when she heard Holly calling from the living room, "Uh, Madi, you're couch is ringing!"

"My couch?" Madi questioned as she came into the living room.

Holly was digging around in the cushions and finally came out with the source of the rinings-a cell phone, which Madi, of course, immediately snatched from her.

"AJ must have dropped it."

"Well...answer it!"

"I can't do that!  It's not my phone!  That's personal."

"But what if it's him looking for it?" Holly reasoned, knowing that it wouldn't be.  She knew AJ would call the house line to see if Madi had seen his phone, but she wanted to be nosy.

Madi kind of wanted to be curious, too, so eventually she gave in. 

"Hello?"

"I must have dialed the wrong number.  I'm looking for Alexander," a woman stated.  She sounded like a bitch.  You know, those people you can tell just by hearing them that they think they are better than you?

"Oh, no...this is his phone, but Alexander," Madi shot Holly a questioning glance, "isn't here.  I can let him know you called?"

"Who is this?" the bitch, I mean woman, asked.

"I'm a friend," was all the information Madi was willing to give this woman.

"This is his girlfriend...Sarah.  Please let him know I'm looking for him," the woman said, sounding a bit irritated, and hung up.