- Text Size +
The next several days were spent like this... Holly was trying to figure out how to get Madi to talk to AJ.  AJ was panicking that Madi would never talk to him again.  Kaiden was completely confused as to why AJ hadn't come to play with him in what was forever in three year old land.  Sarah still didn't get the hint.  Oh, and Madi was trying to avoid everyone having anything to do with the entire AJ situation.  She decided it was moving time.

"You're what?" Madi's mother was completely shocked.  They had come back home to the disaster that was Madi's life.  Well, the disaster Madi was making it out to be.  Same thing, right?

"We're moving.  Not far.  I just thought it was time I take control of my life and let you and dad have your lives back," Madi stated as she went through her list to make sure she remembered everything.  She was trying to make sure that she would pack everything that they would need, leaving behind some things for the times that Kaiden visited his grandparents.

"Are you sure you are ready for this?" her mother asked.  She was waiting for the day that Madi was ready to move out on her own, but she didn't want to rush her daughter out of the house.

"It's time mom.  We'll be fine.  I found a place yesterday.  We can move in this weekend.  I was hoping you and daddy could-"

"Of course we'll help you."

"I was going to leave Kaiden's bed here so he could still visit?"

"That's really nice Madison, but where is he going to sleep?"

"I found a ‘gently used' bed for cheap.  I can pick it up tomorrow.  One for me, too.  It's your furniture,  I don't want to take it from you."

"Yeah, I'm going to let you get a used bed for my grandson.  God only knows where the bed has been or how sturdy it is.  Let me take you shopping.  It will be our little housewarming slash send-off gift."

Madi's mom had taken her and Kaiden furniture shopping.  The apartment would be a little bare at first, but Madi would have what she needed.  Her parents, as well as a few friends, were all going to get together to help Madi and Kaiden move into their new apartment.


It was moving day and Madi was crazy.  She was trying to make sure that everything was ready and that they didn't forget anything.  The group was packing boxes into various borrowed trucks to bring over to the new apartment.

Madi had just walked out with a box labeled ‘Kaiden's toys' when she spotted him walking up the sidewalk, "I'm busy right now AJ.  I don't want to talk to you."

"Madi please.  I won't keep you long."

Kaiden, who had been in his room with Julia and Michele, spotted AJ standing in the front yard and was down there as fast as his little legs could take him, "Jay!  You stop pwayen wif me!" he exclaimed, wrapping his little body around AJ's legs.

"Hey little man!  I've missed you!" AJ responded, hoping that Kaiden's actions might at least get Madi to listen to him.

"AJ's busy baby boy.  Go on back up and play with Juji," Madi pried the child off of AJ and pointed him back towards the house.

Kaiden hesitated, looking back towards AJ, obviously upset, but eventually followed his mother's directions.

"You're doing to him exactly what you didn't want me to do," AJ pointed out.

"No.  This is all your doing.  This is why I didn't want to get involved.  I can't talk about this right now."

"Madison Joelle.  We've got this under control.  Go talk to him," Madi's mom scolded her.  She had been filled in by Holly and she was fed up with her stubborn daughter's ways.

Madi threw her mom and ‘I'm so mad at you right now' look, but she passed the box off to one of the guys and went off with AJ.  The two went into the kitchen, away from listening ears, so AJ could explain it to her.

"Madi, you didn't even let me explain.  I love that kid!  I love you!  Sarah is nothing.  We went out-"

"Wait, stop.  You what?"

"I love you Madi.  You and Kaiden.  Sarah is not my girlfriend, you are.  She never has been.  We went out a few times, and she won't-"

Madi cut him off again, "Holly told me.  I just...I don't think I wanted to believe her."

"Why not?"

"I was scared.  This has all happened so fast.  I mean, I just met you!  This is crazy!"

"Do you love me?"

"I...yeah," Madi smiled, realizing that she really did.  That's when it all clicked for her.

"Then what's the problem?" he smiled.

She stepped towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down to her.  Pressing her lips gently against his for a second, she said against his mouth, "There isn't one."


Madi and AJ eventually re-appeared from the house, obviously back to normal.  Holly squealed, almost dropping the box she was carrying to a truck, and startled everyone.  I think the neighbors down the street could even hear the squeal of delight.

Quickly putting the box on the truck, she ran over to Madi and AJ for details.  AJ kissed Madi on the cheek and went to help the others with the boxes, a huge grin on his face the entire time.

Holly dragged Madi inside on the pretense that they were going through the two bedrooms to check for anything left behind.  Madi had that stupid, silly grin on her face, and Holly knew something major had happened.

"Okay, so you two weren't gone long enough for...you know...unless he's a fast shot.  But you wouldn't have that stupid grin on your face if that were the case.  And you don't have sex hair.  I have no idea.  Spill..."

"What, your superpower isn't working?"

"Shut the hell up and spill!"

"You want me to shut up, or you want me to spill?"

"Holy crap I'm gonna kill you if you don't dish!"

"If you kill me, I can't tell you what happened!" Madi grinned, knowing she was driving her friend crazy.  It earned a dirty look, "Okay, okay.  He loves me!"

"Thank you captain obvious, but that doesn't explain what happened."

"Listen to me!  He told me he loves me!" Madi squealed.

"Wow, big step for Majay."

"Umm...confused?" Madi's eyebrows knitted in utter confusion.

"Majay.  Come on!  Keep up!  Madi and AJ...Majay."

"Omigod, you're a freak!"

"What?!?  The celebrities can do it, why can't I?"

"Cause it's weird?  Don't call us that.  It's so...weird."

"Fine, fine, whatever.  What if I think of a better one?  Like...Alexadison?"

Madi just shook her head, "If Nick is anything close to what AJ said...you two would be perfect!  Alexadison?"

"Hey, it works.  And it sounds better.  Your choice."

Again, Madi shook her head and headed back outside to help finish with the moving.