- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry everyone. Kinda short. Please let me know what you think!! I hope you all enjoy!

 FATAL REALITY --- PROLOGUE

 

The heat from the flames were unbearable. I could feel my flesh start to burn from my bones. I knew I was screaming, even though I couldn’t hear myself. Grasping the bottom of my seat I glanced out the window and still couldn’t believe what was happening. I could make out the skylines of some city down below getting closer and closer. My heart beat so fast, I thought it would explode any moment. I jerked myself away from the window just before the wall blew completely out. I felt around and wrapped my fingers around a still leg of a chair. I opened my eyes in fear and looked around me. People were screaming and holding on for dear life. The powerful rage of the wind sucked them out and they perished. I prayed and prayed I wouldn’t be one of them. But I knew I would soon join them, once we hit the ground. I flinched in pain when I tried to move up the aisle. The open cuts on my body stung with pain. I crawled my way through the mad aisle way. I felt like this was taking forever. I wondered if I was in hell. If this was hell. I gasped when someone suddenly grabbed me. I looked up and saw the love of my life holding on to me for dear life.

“Christy….” I choked out. My voice was hoarse from screaming so much.

“Aar….” She choked out. I shushed her and pulled her closer to me. She held on to me tightly. If I was going to die, I’m not going with out her. But I knew I had to be positive. She sobbed into my shoulder and more than anything I wanted to tell her everything was going to be fine. We’re going to be okay. But I knew I couldn’t lie to her….

“Baby…..please be str-stong.” My lips trembled and I busted into tears. The sounds of the engines were deafening and could feel my hearing failing. This is it. This is the end. I squeezed tighter and closed my eyes and waited. I didn’t wait long. The very top of the plane flew off and hundreds of people holding on began to be sucked out. Christy was one of them.

“Noooo!’’ I screamed out, grabbing her arms.

“Aaron, please don’t let me go!!!!!!!!!” I cried out, feeling her grip slip from my hands.

“Just hold on, baby!!! Hold on!!” Tears blurred my vision. I couldn’t see her anymore. I couldn’t even feel her anymore. I grabbed only air. She was gone. I was gone. Everything went black as the plane struck the ground………

*******

I gasped loudly and opened my eyes. My breathed short jagged breaths. Tears and sweat soaked my nightgown and the bed. I looked around the room and started to cry. This is not the place I wanted to end up in.

“Christy….”