- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yaaaay!!!! I'm finally back at updating!!!! I am determined to get more updates up this time!!! Hope everyone enjoys and please please comment. I wanna know what everyone thinks!!!

Chapter 12 FATAL REALITY

 

Aaron’s POV

 Later that night, I woke up feeling distraught. I hate having this feeling every time I wake up. I almost forgot what it felt like to feel happy or excited. But for right now since my faith is shot down, I may never feel happy again. Unless a miracle happens. I wish that deep down that Marissa is that miracle. I know she means well and I know her purpose. I know God too. I know that he works in mysterious ways. I feel myself slipping away from him lately though, because right now my prayers aren’t being answered. Maybe I’m not giving it time. Or maybe I wasn’t meant to be saved. Maybe there is no room left up there for someone like me. I craned my neck up to catch a glimpse at the time. It was only twelve thirty. I groaned out loud and rubbed my eyes. My throat felt dry. I thought maybe a glass of ice cold water may calm me down. I just laid there for a few seconds, forgetting how to use my own legs. I’ve been in that hell hole called a hospital for a almost a whole year. I was always in bed or in a wheel chair. But now, come to think of it, I don’t think I walked once. This is going to take some time to get used to.

Finally, I slid one leg out of bed, propping myself up with my right arm. I sat on the edge of the bed for a few minutes, staring into the darkness, before I got up. My legs felt rubbery and they shook with every step I took. I let my fingers brush against the cold brass door knob before slowly opening it. Looking each way down the hall, I crept down stairs, toward the kitchen. Stepping into the kitchen I turned on the light, while I covered my eyes with my free hand to shield the bright light. Adjusting my eyes to the brightness I picked up a glass and filled it up with cold water. I put the glass up to my lips, drinking it down slowly. When I finished, I placed the glass in the sink and leaned against the counter, taking a much needed deep breath. I couldn’t stop the thoughts from swimming all around in my head. I wanted to stop thinking for once about everything. I wish the nightmares will go away. This thought made me start trembling again. I took several deep breaths to try to calm myself…..

The slightest movement caught my attention at the corner of my eye. I could feel my fingers start to burn, from the death grip that I had on the counter. My muscles ached and I finally forced myself to let go and turn toward the back door. The relief of that cold water helped, but now I feel like I need another one. I took a step forward, then another. It felt like it took forever to get to the door, which in reality it was only five to six steps to reach it. I curled my fingers around the light switch to the light outside. I pushed it up and light spread across the porch. My eyes traveled across the back yard and as far as my own vision can see. When I looked over, there was something here. Although, I couldn’t tell first hand what it was, but something was there. Just standing outside, as if ‘it’ were watching me. I leaned against the door frame, thinking that I had to stop doing this. I was tripping, I know I was. There was nothing there. Only my imagination. I turned off the porch light and locked the door back. I grabbed myself another glass of water, turned off the kitchen light and quickly but quietly headed back upstairs. I opened up the door and set the glass of water on my night stand. I pulled back the covers to my bed, getting ready to climb back in when something else caught my eye. This time there is no way I could have imagined something like that. What I saw was an bright orange glow coming from the balcony doors but that wasn’t what held me frozen in fear. It was the flames. The hot flames licked at the doors like it was trying to push them open. For some reason I unfroze from my spot and walked over to the doors. Squeezing my eyes shut, I tried to reason with myself. I tried to tell myself that I was just having another nightmare, but I knew it was real. It felt real. I opened my eyes and suddenly felt my heart leap out of my chest and a scream get wedged in my throat. The flames were still there, growling and leaping up high into the air. A black figure with a perfect shape up a human stood standing right in the middle of it. Staring through the glass, and inside of me. I moved closer, my eyes never leaving the stranger. Its eyes portrayed a orange glow. The figure lifted up its hand and motioned me with a single move. It had me paralyzed and I did what it wanted me to do. I came closer. I had no control over it. I let myself grab a hold of the knob and quickly turn it without hesitation. I pushed open the door, expecting the flames to come shooting up at me, destroying me once and for all. But all I was left with was silence and nothing but darkness. I had no thoughts. Every breath I took rocked my body like I was having a seizure. That couldn’t have been real. Maybe I am having a nightmare. I started to feel a little relief when I cool breeze hit me in the face. I took a breath and stepped completely outside. That cool breeze didn’t last long when I heard a low groan coming from the railing. I licked my lips and stepped over. I wrapped my hands around the rail and peered over. Suddenly a hot charred arm swung over the railing and grabbed me. A scream caught in my throat as it hoisted itself up over the railing and moved in closer to my ear. I felt my body completely shut down in fear as it came closer and closer. I could smell the burning flesh and the hot flames from hell itself. It’s mouth was right there at my ear. Its breathing was ragged and slurred. It then started to whisper words in my ear.

“You……broke…..your…..promise.” I felt myself start to panic after hearing those words and tried to pull back. Suddenly the intruder grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back itself, so it can look at me face to face. But it wasn’t the same figure this time. The person was the one I truly loved. The one reason why I shouldn’t be alive. Hot tears immediately escaped my eyes.

It was Christy.

“Chris……I’m so sorry.” I sobbed, reaching for her. Her eyes were blank and she just looked right through me. I tried to touch her but when I got close I got burned, almost literally. Suddenly she let out a blood curling scream and caught on fire. I finally screamed, even though I thought my voice had stopped working. I screamed, kicking my feet up in the air, sending my blankets off me. I didn’t stop screaming until I hit the floor. Frantically I pulled my knees up to my chest. Crying, I rocked myself back and forth, not daring to look up.