- Text Size +

 FATAL REALITY --- CHAPTER 1

 

At the front desk, a nurse name Marissa Miller wrote down important information about the patients at San Diego Hospital. She was suddenly interrupted by loud shrill cry. She gasped loudly, covering her chest with her free hand. She shot out of her chair and ran down the hallway, along with two other doctors. They reached room 12 where the cries and screams were coming from. They raced inside and ran to their patients bedside.

“I’M SO SORRY!!!!! I PROMISED I WOULDN’T LET GO!!!! NOOO!!! DON’T TAKE HER!!!!” The patient screamed loudly. That patient was Aaron. Marissa put her hands on Aaron’s shoulders and tried to calm him down.

“Aaron, I need you to calm down for me!!!”

“NOOO!!!! I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY I’M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M SORRY I LET GO!!!!!” Aaron sobbed hard and moved around wildly. Tears started to build up in Marissa’s eyes. She had cared for Aaron since the day he was emitted almost a year ago. He continued to have nightmares about the accident. He would barely eat or drink anything for her at times. Sometimes he does pretty good. She likes to strike up conversations with him, even though he doesn’t talk back she knows he listens. All Aaron does is stare at the wall or sit in his wheel chair and stare out the window. Marissa would even push him around outside in the hospital’s garden and let him see the flowers and get some fresh air.

“Restrain him.” Doctor Miller told one of the nurses beside him. The nurse obeyed and restrained him. Aaron suddenly fell quiet. He mumbled on and shook. His eyes were wide and Marissa could tell that he was scared. Doctor Miller motioned everyone out. Marissa didn’t want to go but she obeyed and walked out of room 12. Doctor Miller stopped just outside of the door and turned toward Marissa.

“This is getting out of hand, Marissa.” Doctor Miller said firmly.

Marissa swallowed hard, “I’m aware of that.”

“I’m thinking about releasing him and sending him to Saint Johns Institution.”

Marissa’s eyes widened, “But-but that’s a mental institution. Aaron’s not insane. He’s just….he’s just traumatized that’s all.”

“Aaron has been here for almost a year now and he hasn’t gotten any better. As a matter of fact he’s gotten worse.”

“Jack, I want you to trust me that I can take care of him.”

Jack raised his eyes brows, “Marissa, he’s own family can’t snap him out of his hell he’s living. Angel is over here everyday for hours on end, trying to talk to him and all he does is look out that window. What makes you think you can take care of him.”

“I’m scared that I can’t. But let me try. He just needs some time.”

“He’s had all the time in the world and if you don’t straighten him out I will send him to Saint Johns and have them deal with him.”

“You are not sending him anywhere expect home!” Marissa hissed, on the verge of tears, “That’s where he really belongs. You don’t send traumatized patients to a mental initiation. What the hell is wrong with you, Jack. Do you realize what he lost?”

Jack sighed and grabbed her arms gently, “Yes I do. And I’m sorry I’m being such an asshole about it. I’m tired, I’m over worked and I’m scared we’re going to loose him. So you do all you can. I’ll you see you at home.” Jack bent down and kissed her on the cheek. Marissa sighed and turned toward the window looking into Aaron’s room.

“It’s a fatal reality baby. But you can do it. You can do it.”