- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry this is a short chapter.

Later that night, Marissa arrives home. She sits her purse on the table and pushes the message button on her telephone. Just opened up the cabinet and got herself a glass of water as she listened to the messages that were left for her.

“Marissa, it’s mom. I guess you’re still at work. You’re such a busy little bee. Have you made up you’re mind about our mother and daughter trip to New York? You need to get out hunnie. Call me when ever you have the chance. I love you darling. Bye.” Marissa sighed and turned off the answering machine. Her mother wanted to take her to New York City for a mother and daughter outing. It’s really exactly what Marissa needs. To get away from work and from the city. She’s been working non stop since Jerry died and barely left the city for anything. Her mother didn’t think it was too healthy for her so that’s why she planned the trip. Marissa sat down at the table, resting her chin on the palm of her hand. She really wanted to go on that trip, after all she really needs a vacation. She knew Jack wouldn’t mind, he was the one who persuaded her to go in the first place. Marissa knew now would be the worst time to go away. Especially the condition Aaron is in. She said she was going to take care of him and that’s what she’s going to do. She knew how Aaron felt and the hell he must be facing. Losing someone you love is hard. Her son Jerry died in the exact same plane crash that Aaron’s fiancé Christy was killed in. She knew that was a huge reason why Aaron was so traumatized, because he actually saw her die, but Marissa thought there was something else. Something Aaron is keeping to himself. She never actually told him about Jerry. Marissa thought maybe she should tell him tomorrow about Jerry and maybe, just maybe, he’ll open up to her. Tell her what is really wrong. Marissa has always had strong faith in Aaron. She’s probably the oldest fan of his, being a ripe age of forty two years old. Aaron’s twin sister Angel comes by every day to see him and talk to him and tomorrow Marissa expected to see her again. Nick and the other girls come down ever so often to talk to him. Nick is upset about the whole situation that he doesn’t come as often as he used to. Right now Nick is overseas with the backstreet boys, touring for their new album which will be coming out pretty soon, so who knows how long it would be until Nick comes by and sees him again.

Sighing, Marissa stood up and walked toward her bedroom. Laying down on the bed she closed her eyes and let the darkness surround her.