- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey you guys I finally got another chapter up. It took me all day to write this chapter! Hope you enjoy! Please R&R!

 

 CHAPTER FOUR----FATAL REALITY

 

Sitting quietly in her office, Marissa drummed her fingers on her desk deep in thought. Angel’s words danced around in her head, ‘Don’t tell him everything is going to be okay. You’ll only be lying to him. Tell him the truth.’

Marissa frowned, “Everything will be okay. It has to be. ” She told herself. She thought about going to talk to Aaron about it but she decided not to. He would probably jump her too. A tapping at the door pulled her away from her thoughts.

Marissa cleared her throat, “Come in.” The door opened and a young woman around eighteen poked her head in.

“Hi Aunt Mar.” She greeted her with a smile. Marissa smiled and stood up. She walked up to the young girl and wrapped her arms around her tightly.

“Oh Jessica. I’m so glad you’re here.” Marissa said, pulling away from her niece.

Jessica frowned, “Are you okay? You look really stressed out. Work?” Marissa took a deep breath and told Jessica to take a seat.

“No not work. A patient.” She answered, rubbing her hands together nervously.

“Oh?”

“It’s someone that you’ll be helping me with. That’s why I hired you.”

“Who is it?”

“Marissa rubbed her eyes tiredly, “I think you know.” Jessica’s eyes widened. She quickly looked down at her lap.

“Aaron.” She answered quietly.

Marissa nodded, “Yes.”

“He’s worse than you said he was isn’t he?” Marissa sighed, turning her head away.

“Jessica, I didn’t want you do worry.” She whispered, her eyes facing downward.

“Is it life threatening?”

Marissa’s head shot up and she frowned at her niece, “What? Oh no sweetheart, it’s not like that anymore. Aaron is physically okay. But not emotionally or…..mentally either.”

Jessica’s breath caught in her throat, “Mentally?” Marissa raised over to Jessica and grabbed her hands in hers.

“Jessica listen to me. I am not going to give up on him. I know there’s still a part of him in there somewhere inside his heart. And I am not going to rest until I know he’s going to be okay, but Jessica….I can’t do this alone. I need your help. I can’t lose him. We have to get him out of this hell he is living and we got to do it fast.” Marissa tucked a strand of hair behind Jessica’s ear and whipped a single tear away.

“Can you do that for me please.”

Jessica sniffed, “Aunt Mar, I wouldn’t have signed up for this job if I wasn’t going to help you. Of course I will.”

Marissa nodded and took her hand, “Alright. Come on.” Jessica excepted her aunts hand and walked down the hall with her. Down the hall, Jack stood staring into Aarons room.

“Jack?” Marissa sighed stopping short in beside her husband.

“What?” Jack quickly answered. He glanced at her, but his expression soften when he saw Jessica, “Hey sweetheart. “ Jack leaned down and kissed her on the cheek and gave her a small hug.

“Hey Uncle Jack.”

“You’ve gotten so beautiful. It’s been so long since the last time I saw you.”

“I know, too long. So how’s work for you?”

“Oh you know, stress, stress, and more stress.” Jack said chuckling a bit. He kissed Jessica sweetly on the head, “I have to get back to work. Good luck and I’ll see you.”

“Okay.” Jessica smiled.

Jack looked at Marissa and gave her a small nod, “Marissa.” He coolly greeted her while walking off toward his office. Jessica frowned at her Uncle Jacks reaction to Mar. She was so used to seeing them together and happy. Jessica put her hand on Marissa’s arm.

“Aunt Mar?” Jessica said with uncertainty.

“Yes, sweetie?”

Jessica licked her lips, “Are you and Uncle Jack….okay?”

Marissa gave her small smile, “Oh you don’t have to worry about us, Jess. It’s just work and stress that’s putting a little strain on us. It’s nothing to worry about. We’ll be fine, I promise.” Jessica nodded and looked through the window. She smiled softly to herself, seeing Aaron sleeping peacefully in his bed.

“Why don’t you go on in and get used to his room. You’re going to be in there a lot.” Jessica silently chuckled to herself and stepped in before turning back to Marissa.

“Aren’t you coming in too?”

“I have to run back to my office real fast. I’ll join you here in a few minutes.” Marissa told her. Jessica nodded and quietly slipped into the room. Whipping her sweaty palms on her jeans, Jessica silently sat down on the edge of the bed and gently laid her hand on top of his. Jessica flinched when Aaron suddenly opened his eyes. She sucked in a short breath as she looked down at him. Aaron didn’t seem like he was actually looking at her, but through her. Jessica suddenly felt uneasy and uncomfortable. Aaron stared at her, like she made out of nothing. Nothing what’s so ever. To Jessica his eyes weren’t even there. They were blank and lifeless. Just then it seemed like his eyes took on a life of it’s own. Watery mist began to cover his eyes. Jessica swallowed hard and touched his finger tips to his cheek and leaned in closer to him.

“Please don’t cry.” As she spoke, more tears formed in his eyes, until one tear finally slipped from his eye. Aaron suddenly grabbed Jessica’s arm, forming a death grip on her. Jessica’s breathing picked up. Her chest feeling heavy with every breath she took.

“Christy.” Aaron whispered, his voice hoarse. Jessica frowned and straightened up just a bit.

“Huh?”

“Christy….baby…..” Aaron cupped her cheek, tears now streaming down his cheeks.

“Um….my name’s Jessica Miller, sweetie. I’m Marissa’s niece.” Grabbing her other arm, Aaron pulled her down closer.

“I thought I lost you baby. The fire, the tears…the fear…..it wasn’t real. It was just a dream. Cause you’re here with me now. We can get married and have as may kids as you want. I knew this was all a nightmare. You’re alive.” Jessica stared at him, shivering. She licked her chapped lips and tried to find her voice.

“Um….I think you’re confusing me with somebody else.” Jessica cried. Aaron gave a small laugh and a smile, fresh tears falling down his face.

“Oh Christy, I love you so much, “He sobbed. “I would’ve died if you left me.” Jessica finally had enough strength to pull herself out of Aaron’s arms. What happened next, Jessica wished she never moved.

“No! Christy don’t go! Please don’t let me go! I promised not to let you go! Don’t let go of me!” He screamed and sobbed. Jessica didn’t know what to do, she was paralyzed in fear. She watched helplessly as Aaron screamed, sobbed and clawed at his bed. Marissa ran blindly into the room along with two other nurses. Marissa jumped on the bed trying her best to pin him down.

“Jessica, what the hell just happened?!” She shot at her. Jessica stayed silent, still in shock.

“Marissa we got him under control! Take her outside!” Julie told Marissa. Marissa loosened her grip on Aaron but she held her ground.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes go!” Marissa shot off the bed, grabbed Jessica and dragged her out of the room. Once out in the hall, Jessica finally snapped back to reality.

“What happened, Jess? What happened in there?” Marissa asked in a panic, grabbing Jessica’s shoulders tightly.

“Aunt Mar….who’s Christy?”

Marissa sucked in a breath and let her hands fall down to her sides, “Why do you want to know about Christy?”

“When Aaron saw me, he called me Christy. Who is she?”

Marissa sighed, “Jess…Christy is Aaron’s…….Christy was Aaron’s fiancée. She’s dead.” Jessica’s eyes widened, “She died in that plane crash.”

“Then why does he think I’m her?”

Marissa sighed and grabbed her hands and held them, “Christy was really beautiful. Rich Dark Brown hair, piercing hazel eyes, perfect smile. Jessica…..you look exactly like her………”