- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is short. I'm sorry about that.

 

FYI: The next chapter won't be up tonight like I promised it would be. Today is my birthday and I'm really busy. I started to type of the chapter like half an hour ago and let me tell ya it is looong. Im leaving here in thirty minutes so it won't be up until tomorrow.

Jessica froze. Her mouth suddenly felt dry like sand paper. A shiver ran down her spine. With difficulty she licked her lips.

“W….what?” What do you mean I look exactly like her.” Jessica managed to choke out.

Marissa sighed, “You just reminded him of her that’s all, hunnie.”

“Aunt Mar, I don’t think me working here is going to work out when Aaron thinks I’m Christy and freaks out every time he sees me.”

“Jess, I know it’s going to be hard but trust me I am determined to help him and I’m going to go do that right now.”

Jessica put her hand up, “Aaron has been here for over a year, how can you be sure you can snap him out of it in just one day? You’ve been trying to do it forever.”

“Because there’s something I haven’t told him and it has to do with Jerry.” Marissa rubbed her eyes tiredly.

“What does this have to do with Jerry? He died in a car accident.”

Marissa shook her head, “No he didn’t. He died in that plane crash. Aaron has to know I know how he feels and what he is struggling with. I have to let him know it’s okay to be afraid. That it’s okay to hurt. I want him know that it is not okay for him to blame himself for Christy’s death and that you can’t save everybody, especially in a horrific accident as that was . You can try to save them. What he needs to understand is that atleast he tried, instead of sitting back and watching her die without doing anything to try to save her.“ Marissa whipped the tears that have fallen down her face.

“Aunt Mar, why didn’t you just tell me truth about Jerry? Why make up the car accident story?” Jessica asked, crossing her arms across her chest.

“Ask your uncle. “ Marissa plainly said, “Jessica why don’t you take a break. Go get to know the other nurses. I’m going to go talk to my patent and I hope this information will break him out of his hell.”

“Probably only halfway, Aunt Mar. “

“Right.” Marissa nodded and slipped into Aaron’s room. She turned back to Jessica, her eyes tired and sad, “ Please don’t give up, I can’t do this by myself.” Jessica reached for her aunt’s hand and squeezed it gently.

“I won’t, I promise. I love him too you know.” Marissa nodded in agreement and slowly closed the door.