- Text Size +
Nick: (EYES WIDE) BRIAN'S LOST?! WHAT?!

AJ: ...Yeah.. didn't you notice he wasn't here?

Nick: I was so distracted by losing -- losing... *looks at the butterfly* ...that I didn't even notice. *looks at Howie* WHAT'D YOU DO WITH HIM YOU BLOOD HUNGRY ANIMAL!?

Howie: *blink*

AJ: Calm down....

Nick: FIRST MY BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY!!!!!!! and now... now... NOW............... MY BEST FRIEND!

Howie: I thought I was your best friend, dude?

Nick: YOU'RE A KILLER!!!!!!

Howie: NICK! I'm HOWIE!

Nick: NUH UH you aren't my butterfly!!!

Howie: NICK! It's ME dude!

Nick: oh my GOD even NOW...even NOW AJ... even NOW he's pretending to.. to be... to be... *covers face and turns away, overcome with emotion*

AJ: (rolling eyes)

Howie: *sigh* Look, dude, can we just... PLEASE... just figure out where Brian is now?

Nick: *snaps to attention* Brian's missing too???

AJ: Oy, here we go again...

Howie: *patiently* Yes, Nick.

Nick: OH MY GOD! We gotta find him!! Quick, fellas, gear up... get your skivvies, get your turtle necked sweaters ---

AJ: *interrupting* psst...Skivvies and turtlenecks are the same thing, Nick.

Nick: Get your nets and thick socks! Get those weird plastic hats covered with cloth that that croc guy wore all the time... and some of those neat shorts with the buckles that can turn into pants when you need'em!!!

AJ & Howie: (WTF? look)

Nick: *in a voice like Indiana Jones or something* WE'RE GOING TO FIND HIM................................ if it's the LAST THING I DO!

Nick: *ducks down and rolls on the ground, rolling to the other wall* We're gonna get you Brian... if it's the last thing we do!! My beautiful butterfly's death shall NOT be in vain!!

AJ/Howie: *walk out behind Nick as he continues to roll across the hotel hallway, ducking by the walls.*

AJ: Whose idea was it to let him in the band?

Howie: *cringes* Lou's.

AJ:....... riiiigggghhhhtttt.......

Nick: *pulls out what appears to be a gun*

Howie: (TERRIFIED face) Is that a friggin' gun?!

AJ: That's your blowdryer dude...

Nick: *crouches behind a wall and peers over to check to see if the coast is clear* Alright, this is gonna be harder than I thought. *looks over at AJ and Howie* You two look way too suspicious. Quick, put on this disguise.

Howie: *holds up disguise* Oh, for the love god Nick!

AJ: Nick, how in the hell is a freaking animal skin loincloth going to disguise us from anything?!

Howie: Sometimes I just wonder if he wants to see us in it.

Nick: I didn't buy those things for nothing... we will utilize and disguise

AJ: *yanks Nick up from the ground* Get your *** up dude!!

Nick: *looks up and sees a butterfly* (eyes wide) Look, it's a butterfly!! *begins chasing it.*

AJ: Okay, is it just me or is everything starting to NOT make sense?!

Howie: *shrugs* We're with Nick... when has anything ever made sense?!

Nick: C'mere beautiful butterfly... it's okay... I won't hurt you. *begins clicking tongue*

Howie: (eyes wide)

AJ: Well, whaddaya know... the kid learned to speak butterfly

Nick: C'mon you guys, don't you see it's a sign?! He's told me the wayyy!!!!!!!

AJ: (huh? look)

Howie: *sighs* He didn't say anything Nick...

*The butterfly flutters around the corner of the hotel...*

Nick: *frolicks after it*

AJ: *looks at Howie, who looks back at him* Dude, no more sugar is allowed when we go on tour cos this is just way too freakin' weird.

Howie: Word.

AJ: Speakin of freakin' weird... don't ever try to be gangsta again, 'kay?

Howie: I read you, dawg.

AJ: *chases after Nick*

*The butterfly flutters onto an elevator*

Nick: *follows butterfly* SHOW ME THE WAY OH MYTHICAL ONE!

*the elevator doors close just before D & AJ get on board*

AJ: dangit. C'mon. *pulls Howie onto the next elevator*

Howie: What floor are they going to?

AJ: I don't know! It was going up, though.

Howie: Great. We're in a thirty floored hotel, how the hell we gonna find them? UP from the first floor really narrows the options RIGHT DOWN NOW, doesn't it?!

AJ: *shrugs* So we'll try every floor.

**Floor 2**

AJ: *runs out, looks around*

Howie: NICK?!??

AJ: He's not here, c'mon.

**Floor 3**

Howie: *looks out the door*

AJ: CARTER!!!!!

Howie: Nope. *ducks back in*

**Floor 4**

AJ & Howie: *in unison* BUTTERFLY?!?

**Floor 17**

AJ: *in a bored voice* Nick you out here?

**Floor 22**

Howie: *leaning against the wall of the elevator*

AJ: Nick?

*elevator door closes before he even gets the whole name out*

**Floor 30**

*AJ & Howie, both renewed energy, sure they'll find him this time, run out into the hallway*

AJ: NICK???

Howie: Where the hell is he?!

AJ: I dunno, he aint here though.

*Both of them look back at the elevator*

Howie: Great. Now we've lost Brian AND Nick, who's chasing a 'mythical butterfly' through the hotel, armed with a hair dryer and those stupid pant short things...

AJ: ...not to mention, yanno... *looks down* We're ..not exactly well dressed for this ****.

Howie: *looks down at the loincloth* I forgot about that.

*they stand there awkwardly a moment*

Howie: OH MY GOD I KNOW WHERE HES AT!! *runs for the elevator* C'mon dude!!

AJ: *follows* WHO? Brian or Nick???

Howie: NICK!!! **hits the ROOF button on the elevator**

Nick: C'mon beautiful butterfly... show me the way...

Howie/AJ: *finally reach the roof top and see Nick walking dangerously close to the edge* NICK!!!!

Nick: *ignores them and continues walking after the butterfly*

AJ: What the hell are we gonna do man?!

Howie: *frantically looks around*

Nick: *trotting after butterfly, like 3 feet from the edge, butterfly's beyond edge*

Howie: *in slow mo* Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn----ooooooooooooooooooooooo........... *runs towards Nick*

AJ: *runs towards Nick, also in slow mo*

Howie & AJ: *in slow-mo, collide, and fall backwards*

Nick: *the white rubber toe of his converse sneaker is over the edge where his last foot fell...is about to lift his next foot when...................***

RRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGG!!!!

Nick: *pauses* Dude that my phone? *pulls it out of his pocket as the butterfly continues fluttering away*

AJ & Howie: *groan*

Nick: *flips phone open* yellow?

Brian: *breathless* Nick???

Nick: Hellooooo???

Brian: Niiiick?

Nick: hellooooooo... *pulls phone from ear* This thing aint workin, what the heck..

Brian: NICK?

Nick: *taps the mouth piece of the phone, making a DOOF DOOF DOOF sound on Brian's end*

Brian: *pulls phone away from his ear*

Nick: *puts phone back to his head* HELLO?!

Brian: Hello?

Nick: BRIAN?!?

Brian: NICK?!!?

Nick: DUDE! Where are you?? The butterfly was trying to show me the way but --- *looks down and realizes how close to the edge he is* (EYES WIDE)

Brian: What? What butterfly? Howie you mean?

Nick: (crying) Aw Bri you didn't hear about Howie yet did you?

Howie: *dizzy, but hears Nick talking, sits up*

Brian: What about Howie???

Nick: There's this guy who looks JUST LIKE HOWIE but he's NOT HOWIE and he actually put Howie, my beautiful butterfly into a box and he FOR.GOT. THE. AIR.HOLES, Brian! It was awful!!! Howie's.. Howie's ---

Howie: *jumps up and grabs Nick's phone* HERE!! Howie's right here.

Brian: (confused) Howie?

Howie: Where ARE you Bri?

Brian: *looks around* ...I have NO idea. But it's really rainy.

AJ: *rubbing his butt, comes over to where Nick & Howie are at*

Howie: Rainy??

Brian: Yeah. It's pouring.

AJ: Who that?

Nick: Brian. *looks at AJ* Um.. dude? Your loin cloth is hiked up.

AJ: *looks down* Dangit. *fixes it* 'Kay thats it, we gotta go change BEFORE we continue this adventure.