- Text Size +

The Red House faded behind her as she walked home, the night still young, yet she had no interest of staying there any longer. She didn't understand why, but something inside her had told her to leave, to go home, and to never come back to that place. Perhaps it was time to move on again. Perhaps she had stayed in this town long enough. After all, she had stayed her longer than she had in any other town, so perhaps the time had now come for her to move on once more. She turned right and headed into the dark alleys that would take her home, her mind working on where she would go next. She had been a lot of places on the east coast, so perhaps it was time for her to check out how things were on the west coast. She was so busy trying to decide where she was going next that she did not notice them until they were standing in front of her, all but blocking her way, saying nothing, as if they waited for her to speak first. It was first then that she felt it, the feeling that had been there ever since she left the red House. Perhaps it was the feeling that had made her leave in the first place. It reminded her of this other feeling she'd had once, inside the Red House, yet it was different at the same time. That feeling had been full of hatred and despise, this was filled with something else. Her eyes fell on the man standing to the left, her gaze locked on his as she said, "who are you?" The man smiled then, and stepped forward, out of the shadows. "I am Niran, and I've come to take you home." That statement should have scared her, should have made her run and hide, yet instead she found herself smiling back at him, and letting him lead her with him. She did not know where she was going, where he was leading her. In her mind she was only sure of one thing. For the first time, she was going home.