- Text Size +

Chp 16

pt 1

 

The next morning Alex and I decided to go out for breakfast and do some shopping. I never met a man that likes to shop as much as I do, it was great. After a while, it was time for lunch. We decided to have a picnic at the park. Alex had seen this deli so we decided to go back there and get our stuff. Once we had what we needed, we headed to the park. It was a beautiful day and the park was just as beautiful. Trees were everywhere to shade you from the hot sun. We picked a spot right underneath a tree. Alex said down and then motioned for me to sit in front of him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck. While he was getting the stuff out I looked up and could see the ocean. It was such a gorgeous spot. Alex handed me a sandwich and we sat there together enjoying our lunch, it was so peaceful. After eating, I laid back in his arms and we just sat there staring out into the ocean, watching people walk by and seeing the tree sway back and forth in the breeze. It was very relaxing, just what we both needed. Alex looked down at his watch and noticed the time. "Hey baby, are you ready to go?" he asked. "Sure," I replied. "Well we need to get ready. I made dinner plans for us," he said kissing me. "Oh really?" I said getting up. We then walked back to the hotel.

Once we got there, Alex told me that we had just a few hours to get ready. I jumped in the shower first. When I came out, Alex was gone but there was a note on the counter. "Hey baby, I want to thank you for being with me. And I want to show you how much I love you. I have some surprises for you tonight. First one, go look on the bed. Second one, I will be back at 6:30pm for you, my angel. Love, Alex." I took the note with me and went and looked on the bed. There was a red spaghetti strap dress laid out on the bed. On top of the dress was a white rose. There was a pair of black heels next to the dress along with diamond stud earrings and a bracelet. There was also a note on the bed next to everything. "I see this dress and thought of you. I hope I got the right sizes. I know you will look heavenly and I can't wait to see what you look like." I just smiled and had tears rolling down my face.

I put the dress on and it fit perfectly. The dress had sequins on it. The way they were put on the dress, it looked like falling stars. The shoes fit perfectly as well. I looked at the clock and it was 5:30. I had plenty of time for my hair and make-up. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door. I looked through the peep-hole and Leigh and Leighanne were standing there.

"Hey guys," I said opening the door. "Yep he was right," Leigh said. "Right about what?" I asked. "Oh nothing," she said. "Wait, you guys are in on this too?" "Kind of, we are here to help you fix your hair," she said holding up her 'tools'. I just laughed.

Leigh and Leighanne went straight to work. They curled my hair and pulled it back out of my face. They let a few curls fall around my face. I then went and did my make-up. "So what do you think?" I asked coming out. "I think you will take his breath away," Leighanne said. "Really?" I asked. "Really. Ok we are going to go before he come back. Have fun tonight," the said as they left. "Thanks guys so much," I said shutting the door behind them. A few minutes later, there was another knock on the door. I knew exactly who it was this time. A smile swept across my face. I ran to get the door.

"Wow," I said with a smile. He was wearing grey dress pants, a black dress shirt and a grey vest to match the pants. He was also wearing a grey hat with a black piece of fabric wrapped around the brim. He was a gorgeous sight to see. "Well thank you baby. You are absolutely breath-taking," he said kissing me. He handed me a red rose. "This is for you," he said. "Thank you," I said laying it on the table next to the white one. "Are you ready?" he asked. "Yep," I said grabbing my purse. He took my hand in his and we left our room. We walked out the front entrance and there was a limo waiting. The driver opened our door for us. Alex helped me in and then he followed.

"You look so amazing tonight," I said looking at him again. "Thank you baby. There is not a word that describes how beautiful you look," he said taking me in his arms. He then leaned in and kissed me passionately. He then started kissing my neck and I could feel my body getting weak. "Alex save that for later," I said winking at him. He just smiled. He brushed a curl out of my eyes and just continued to smile. I looked out the window and we pulled up to a huge building. "Wow," I said looking out the window.

The driver got out and opened our door for us. Alex stepped out first and then he helped me out. He continued holding my hand and we walked inside. We were met at the door and taken to the elevator. We went up to the 9th floor. When the elevator opened, I was awestruck. People were dancing on the dance floor that was in the middle of the room. There was a live playing music. There were tables everywhere. Some had curtains, others didn't. We were met off of the elevator. "Right this way please," the gentleman said. We followed him and he took us to a corner room that had a curtain.

Once we got to our table, there were two candles lit, silver silverware, crystal goblets and some Mertelli's apple cider chilling in a bucket of ice. Alex pulled out my chair then he sat down next to me. "Alex this place is gorgeous," I siad. "It is isn't it? I asked the clerk at the hotel where the most secluded and best place in town was and this was it," he said. "Would you like some apple cider?" he asked. "Yes please," I said. He poured us both some. "To a long happy relationship," he said. "Yes, to us," I said as we clinked our glasses together. Our waiter came and we ordered our food. Alex asked him to pull our curtain for us. I could tell Alex had something on his mind all night.

He turned his chair to face me and took my hand. He then brought my hand to his lips and kissed it. "Do you know how much I love you? Ever since I met you, I fell in love with you. You are like an angel sent from heaven just for me. I've never been so alive and happy than when I am with you. When you are gone, it feels like half of me is gone. I guess what I'm trying to say is, would you like to come with me next time I leave for the tour and always?" he said staring into my eyes. "Wow Alex, that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I love you so very much, you mean so much to me, more than life actually. I would love to come with you next time and always. I just have to find a replacement Vet for the Clinic," I said with tears started to develop. "No, no don't cry baby. I don't think I could handle seeing you cry and having tears come out of those beautiful baby blues," he said cupping my face in his hand. I just smiled. "I was hoping you would say that. I have something for you," he said putting his hand in his pocket. He pulled out a blue square box. He handed it to me and when I opened it, the flood gates opened.

"Alex this is beautiful!" I said between sobs. "I'm glad you like it," he said smiling. "Can you help me put it on?" "I would love to baby." When he fastened the necklace he kissed the back of my neck. "You didn't have to buy my anything," I said. "But thank you so much," I added. "You're welcome baby. You deserve nothing but the best and I want to buy you anything and everything. I am always going to shower you with gifts," he said. He then leaned in and kissed me passionately and tenderly. This kiss absolutely took my breath away. All of a sudden our food came. After we finished eating, Alex stood up.

"Would you care to dance?" he asked holding out his hand. "I would love too," I said taking his hand. We walked out to the dance floor hand in hand. He put his arm around my waist and I put my hand around him. I felt like I was floating in the air. He then put both hands around my waist. I put my arms around his neck and laid my head on his shoulder. "Thank you," I whispered. "Your welcome my angel," he whispered and smiled. He kissed the top of my head. We danced for what seems liked hours. Once we were finished, we headed back downstairs and got back into the limo to head back to the hotel.