- Text Size +

Chp 5

 

The next couple of days, I talked to Alex on the phone for hours each day. On Friday, the day before the barbeque, I got a phone call from a friend of mine, Rose. She said she was coming to visit some family and was wondering if she could stop by. I told her all about Alex and she knew exactly who I was talking about. I told her we were going to have a barbeque tomorrow and asked her if she wanted to come. Of course, I didn't tell her who else would be there, it was a suprise.

When Alex called me that night, I told him about Rose coming over to visit for a while. "Do you mind if she comes with me tomorrow?" I asked. "No not at all," Alex said. "Great I didn't tell her Nick was going to be there. It's kinda of a suprise. She has a huge thing for him," I said. "Well maybe they will hit it off. It will do Nick some good to have a good woman in his life," Alex said laughing. I just laughed right along with him but, he was right too. "What time were you planning on coming by?" I asked. "Well Nick is going to be gone till about 11:00 so I was thinking of maybe around 11:30 or 12:00. Does that sound good?" he asked. "11:30 sounds great. Do I need to bring anything?" I asked him. "Nope just bring your pretty self and I'll be happy," he said. "Awe you're sweet. Ok then 11:30 it is," I replied. "Well Rose is coming by tonight so I better get going," I continued. "Ok then. I'll see you at 11:30 the," he replied. "Ok bye Alex." "Bey baby," he said.

After I hung up the phone, there was a knock on the door. I opened it up and Rose was standing there with her arms full of bags. "C'mon in here let me help you with those," I said laughing at her. "Thanks. Nick place you got here. Those classes are paying off huh?" she asked laughing. "You could say so," I replied.

Rose and I met in Veterinary School in Orlando. We were roomies for six years, we were like sisters. When I met her, that's when I found out about the HUGE crush she had on Nick Carter. I didn't mind though, at least I got to listen to them sing. They have always been my favorite band since I was young.

"So how long are you staying here in West Palm Beach?" I asked her. "Well I wanted to stay a week or two, if that's ok with you. I'm thinking about moving down here," she replied. "It's fine, stay as long as you need to. You do remember about me telling you about Alex, right," I said smiling just thinking about him. "Well yea, how could I forget. I'm so happy for you. I'm still in shock that it's AJ Mclean from the Backstreet Boys. that will take forever to sink in," she said laughing. "Well you do remember about the barbeque that I told you on the phone right?" I asked her. "Oh yea, I have my outfit all picked out. I'm gonna wear my mini jean skirt and my black shirt that says 'Ride it like it's hot'," she said smiling. I just rolled my eyes at her. "And what do you plan to wear missy?" she asked. "Well I plan on wearing my white mini skirt and bright pink halter," I said. "Ooohh I remember that outfit. It looks good on you," she said. "Well thanks. Well it's getting late. We better hit the hay. Alex will be there at 11:30 to pick us up," I said. "Ok yea I'm really tired too. We'll talk more tomorrow. Night Jen," she said as I helped her with her bags. "Night Rose."