- Text Size +
I awoke to the sun streaming thru the windows casting a glare on the hardwood floors. Lisa and Leigh had piled up on the bed in Tim's old room so I sat there all alone just staring at the new morning sky. Well, Cass, today's the day; my mind began to wander through today's schedule. The girls and I had a hairdresser arriving at 2:00pm then the photographer would be here at 4:00. We would head to the stream by 5:30 and the wedding would start around 6:00pm. We didn't have to be precise on time since the guest list was so small. I opened my suitcase and got out only the things that were necessary for me to have before the wedding. Brian was coming by in an hour to get my bags and take them to the cabin. Oh, the cabin. The place where Kevin and I will finally become one, I can't believe I'm so nervous about this. I mean I'm not dumb and I know what happens between a man and a woman physically, but this was so different. I will be giving myself to Kevin completely. I was scared and excited at the same time.

Oh mama, I wish you were here. There are so many questions in my mind. I know that your here with me, but I could use a hug right now. The tears began to slide down my cheek. I must have spoken the words out loud. I turned my head when I heard her voice.

"Will I do?" Mama Ann came and sat on the bed beside me.

"Yes mam, how did you know?"
"Well, I will never try to take your mother's place dear, but know that I will think of you as one of my own and I will always be here for you. Cass, I am so happy that you and Kevin are getting married. I knew from the moment I met you and saw you two together that it was the real thing."
"Mama Ann, I'm so nervous about tonight. Maybe I shouldn't talk about this with you?"

"No honey it's fine. Really, tonight is going to be so special for both you and Kevin. I'm proud to know that you have saved yourself for my son. Just know that it will all be ok. The first time can be very scary, but trust Kevin to know what to do as well as yourself. Just let the love you two feel for each other guide you and it will all be ok. Cass, it's such a connection when you and your husband make love. You meet on a different plane, a place that no two other people will ever be or will know. It's a private place for just you and him. Cherish it, it's not something to be taken lightly."
"Thanks Mama Ann, that's the way I've always felt. I know that Kevin is the one and I'm ready. I'm just so excited and nervous. Can I show you something?"

"Sure hon, what is it"

"I walked over to the dresser and pulled out a ring box"
"This is Kevin's ring, he picked it out, but I added to it. I wanted you to see it."
Mama Ann opened the box.

















"It's beautiful" It was a platinum band with 5 diamonds on it.

"Look on the inside" I whispered.

"Yours and Yours Alone - Cass and Kev June 28 2001."
"Oh Cass, that's wonderful. Kevin will love it"

"I just hope he understands it Mama Ann, from tonight on I am his and his alone." We sat there in the quite sharing a hug. I knew that she would always be there for me when I needed her and I thanked god for giving me a second mother.



Everything was a buzz. The girls and I got our hair and makeup done and went upstairs to get dressed. I slipped into my gown and began to feel like Cinderella. Leigh and Lisa were dressed in Black and White strapless gowns. They were form fitting and I knew that it would catch the eyes of two blondes who would be at the wedding.

"Ok, something blue...." Lisa started.

"GARTER right here....'' Laughed Leighanne

"Something Old"

"My mom's hanky" I held up my hand.

"Something New" I began to laugh...

"WHAT?" they both looked at me....

"New white bra and panties...just like Kevin likes." We all burst out laughing.

"Something borrowed?"

"Oh, I forgot that one?' Lisa and Leighanne looked at each other, about the time that Mama Anne came in the room.

"I got that one." She held out her hand. She was holding a beautiful white bible.

"This was the bible I carried when I married Jerald. I would be honored if you would carry it" I tried to stop the tears but I didn't make it in time.

"Oh Mama Ann, I would be the one that is honored, thank you so much" We hugged.

"Ok, you three ready to go" She straightened herself and looked at us.

"Let's go get that son of mine married" She turned and headed down the stairs.

This was it. The moment I had been waiting for.



We arrived just beyond the clearing and I met my father. He was so handsome.

"Well baby, this is it. You sure about this?" He had tears in his eyes.

"Never more certain daddy, I love Kevin and he loves me"

"I know baby, but well it's just hard to let you go"

"Oh daddy, your not letting me go, your just allowing me to hold another's hand, I'll always be your little princess"

"Yes you will. Kevin's a good man Cass. I know that he will take good care of you"
"And I will take care of him."

"I know that. I love you Cass. You have been the sunshine of my life for so long now. I'm so proud of you and what you've become. I don't think that any father could be happier than I am right now. Hey, you remember this?"

He pulled a locket box from his pocket.









"Yes Daddy, I still wear that locket." I fingered the locket around my neck. On my 16th birthday my daddy had given me a heart shaped locket that had a key that unlocked it. On the inside of the locket was inscribed. He who holds the key holds my heart" My daddy was wearing the key on a chain around his neck. He reached out and touched the locket on my neck. "One last time?"

"Sure daddy, but you'll always have a piece of my heart. I love you daddy" we embraced as the wedding march began to play.

I laced my arms in my daddies and we walked around the corner. I could see the stream in front of us. Kevin and the Minster were standing by the willow tree. Kevin was looking at the ground. There were thousands of twinkling lights intertwined in the willow branches. White roses everywhere and white rose petals covering the ground. All the boys were dressed in Black Tux's with tails; all except Kevin .He was dressed in all white. They all looked so handsome. All of the guest were standing around in a semi circle. Lisa and Leigh made their way to the front. I could hardly catch my breath as I neared Kevin. Slowly as I drew closer he lifted his head to look at me. Oh those eyes. They were beautiful. I saw a shimmer as a tear made it's way down Kevin's cheek. "WOW, you were right" I could see him mouthing to AJ. Like a slow motion picture I walked close to Kevin. We stopped just short of him and the minister.

The minister began to speak.

"Who gives this woman to be married to this man?"
"I do" my father stepped forward taking my hand and placing it on Kevin's. When our hands touched I could feel the electricity setting my insides on fire.

"Just a moment please" My father turned to Kevin.

"Kevin. Since the Day that Cass was born she has always been my princess. My pride and Joy. On the day she turned 16 I gave her this necklace and I have always held the key to her heart. Today Kevin. I give that key to you. All I ask is that you guard her heart the way I have done for the last 28 years and just love her. She will always be my little girl but today she becomes your wife. I love you son as if you were my own and I now give my daughter to you." With that he unclasped the necklace from around his neck and placed it in Kevin's hands' and embraced Kevin in a hug.

"Thank you sir. I'm honored and I promise I will always do my best to make sure that Cass is loved and cherished." He whispered in my dad's ear. He took the necklace and put it on. My dad turned and gave me a kiss and went to stand by Mama Ann.

Kevin took a step towards me. We were now facing each other.



"You are so beautiful," he whispered.

"So are you" I replied.

"Sure about this?"

"Absolutely" we both turned to look at the minister.

















"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today....." I could hear the wind blowing thru the willows. I will never forget that sound, or the sound that the water made as it made it's way over the rocks it calmed all my nerves.



"Do you Kevin Scott Richardson, take Cassidy Lynn Nicholson to be your lawful wedded wife?"

"I do"

"Do you Cassidy Lynn Nicholson, take Kevin Scott Richardson to be your lawful wedded husband?"
"I do"

"I believe that the couple has written their own vows which they will now exchange with each other. Kevin?"



"Cass, where do I begin? I stand here before you and I remember the very first day we met. You were so cute and innocent and the guys and I couldn't believe that you didn't recognize us. But I think that's what attracted me to you to begin with. You captured my heart that day and you never let it go. Please don't ever let it go Cass. I can't imagine my life with out you in it. You are what makes me wake each morning and why I do what I do. As long as I know that you will be there with me I know that I can do anything. You give me strength when I need it, unfailing love when I don't deserve it and happiness that I never new existed. I am so glad that you agreed to be my wife, but also not only my wife, but my lover and most of all MY BEST FRIEND. No matter where time takes us or where this road leads just know Cass that I will always be here to protect you and love you. "



"Kevin. You are the light that awakens my darkest places; you are the road that leads me home. I know that as long as I have you here beside me everything will always be ok. You have shown me what true love is and I thank you for that. You have not only given me love you haven given me great friends and a new family. I can never tell you in words how honored I am to become your wife today. I can't wait for the rest of our lives knowing that you will be there for every minute. You are my best friend. Thank you for loving me and for allowing me to love you. Just know that from today forward Kevin, I will be yours and yours alone."
We exchanged rings and then Nick, Brian, AJ and Howie sang."

"As much as both Kevin and Cass have given and received rings and have committed themselves one to another it is my privilege to pronounce them husband and wife. You may kiss your bride"



Kevin took a step closer placing one hand on the small of my back and caressing the back of my neck with the other. Ever so gently he kissed me allowing our lips to intertwine for just the briefest of moments but saying magnitudes of words.











"Whhhhhooooooo" the yells and echoes of the congratulations brought us back to reality.

We took the time to hug everyone. It was so beautiful. We all made our way over to the tables to sit and eat.



"Hey Cass" Lisa came over to Kevin and me.

"Yeah"

"God Cass, that was beautiful. You two had me bawling like a baby."

"Sorry, guess it's just that mushy love stuff." We laughed.

"Well, I wanted to say thanks again and tell you two how happy I am for you both. But now that you're married you better not forget about me." We hugged. About that time Nick came up.

"Hey Kevin, the photographer would like for you and Cass to come over by the willow."

"Ok, thanks Nick."
"Come my wife" he grabbed my hand.

"Yes my husband" we laughed.

" Hey Lisa" Nick was playing with the toe of his shoe in the dirt.

"Hey Nick"

"The wedding was really beautiful wasn't it"?

"Yeah it was. Cass made a pretty bride, Kevin better be good to her"

"Oh he will, don't worry"

"Well, what are your plans for the rest of the summer Mr. Carter?"

"Well, we have to be in Orlando in 5 days to start rehearsals and then we go back out on tour."

"How bout you"

"Well, my job just transferred me permanently to Orlando so I'm going to be house hunting day after tomorrow"

‘Really, I could show you around if you want me to"

"Really, I'd love that."

"Hey, wanna dance"

"Yeah" Nick took Lisa's hand and led her to the dance floor.

"You look really pretty tonight Lisa"

"Thanks, you're not so bad yourself" They danced and talked for the rest of the night.



"Kevin" Mama Ann reached out and took Kevin's arm

"Yes mama"

"Kevin, I just want you to know how proud I am of you. I know that your father would have loved to have been here today. He would have loved Cass as much as I do." Tears welled up in both of their eyes.

"Kevin, Take care of her, she loves you so much"

"I will mama, I love her too. I know that dad was watching, I could feel him. Thank you for everything mama, this could not have turned out more perfect. " Ann turned to walk away.





"Oh no you don't'" Kevin took his moms hands and led her to the dance floor.

"May I have this dance?" he bowed towards his mother.

He encircled her in his arms and slowly began to dance as the 4 other boys began to sing.



It takes a lot to know what is love It's not the big things, but the little things That can mean enough A lot of prayers to get me through And there is never a day that passes by I don't think of you, you were always there for me Pushing me and guiding me Always to succeed You showed me When I was young just how to grow You showed me Everything that I should know You showed me Just how to walk without your hands 'Cause mom you always were The perfect fan God has been so good Blessing me with a family Who did all they could And I've had many years of grace And it flatters me when I see a smile on your face I wanna thank you for what you've done In hopes I can give back to you And be the perfect son You showed me When I was young just how to grow You showed me Everything that I should know You showed me Just how to walk without your hands 'Cause mom you always were The perfect fan You showed me how to love You showed me how to care And you showed me that you would always be there I wanna thank you for that time And I'm proud to say you're mine You showed me When I was young just how to grow You showed me Everything that I should know You showed me Just how to walk without your hands 'Cause mom you always were The perfect fan 'Cause mom you always were, mom you always were Mom you always were, you know you always were' Cause mom you always wereThe perfect fan
"I Love you mom," Kevin whispered in her ear before kissing her on the cheek. Tears were falling from both of their eyes.


"Hey pumpkin" Cass's dad slid his arm around her and embraced her in a hug.

"Hey daddy, thank you for everything daddy. I love you."
"I love you too pumpkin, just don't forget where your old man lives now you here?"

"I won't. Daddy?"
"Uh Huh?"
"Will you dance with me?"
"It'll be my pleasure." Cass and her dad headed out to the dance floor.

Just once upon a yesterday
I held you in my arms
You grew into a little girl
with lovely childhood charms
Now it seems I only turned around
And I see you by his side
Oh, I can't believe my eyes today
My Daughter is a Bride

I guess somehow I always knew
This day would soon be here
Still I wonder as I look at you
What became of all the years
And no words could ever quite express
The way I feel inside
Oh, I can't believe my eyes today
My Daughter is a Bride

All the laughter and the teardrops
The sunshine and the rain
I would relive every moment, Dear
If I could bring them all back again

But now, My Love, the time has come
To send you on your way
So I wish you every happiness
And the blessings of this day
And I hope the love I've given you
Will forever be your guide
Oh, I can't believe my eyes today
My daughter - Oh, I can't believe my eyes
My Daughter - Oh, my angel and my pride
My Daughter is a Bride

By the end of the dance Cass was bawling. Kevin took her in his arms.
"You Ok darlin?"
"Yeah, it's just so much to take in."











The boys began to gather around and make their toasts to the happy couple.

"Kev, man what can I say." AJ began to playfully wipe at tears "This has been beautiful man. I mean. I knew your bride would be hot and all, but damn"

"Watch it bud" Kevin grinned.

"Naw really. Cass and Kevin. You two have given us all something to believe in. I hope that all your dreams come true and we get to see lots of little Richardson's soon. HERE, HERE" AJ lifted his glass. I saw the sparkle in Kevin's eyes.



"OK, OK, my turn. Well here's to love everyone. Way to go you two. Let's Party"

"Thanks NICK" Kevin yelled.



"Cuz, you know that you mean the world to me. We've been through thick and thin together, well man. This is great. I've always known that you would meet someone like Cass and end up in your happily ever after. Well, thanks for letting us be a part of it all. Here's to many more years and lot's of loving." Leighanne hit Brian and we all laughed.



"Kevin. It's been great having the chance to watch all of this come to light. You two are amazing. Thanks so much for showing us all that true love does exist. Love you guys." Howie sat down next to Mama Ann.

Tim and Jerald also gave their speeches and then a song slowly began to play.

When I'm lost in the rain, In your eyes I know I'll find the light to light my way. And when I'm scared and losing ground;
When my world is going crazy, You can turn it all around. And when I'm down you're there; pushing me to the top.
You're always there; giving me all you've got. For a shield from the storm; For a friend; for a love
To keep me safe and warm,I turn to you.
For the strength to be strong;For the will to carry on;
For everything you do; For everything that's true,
I turn to you. When I lose the will to win,
I just reach for you and I can reach the sky again.
I can do anything, 'Cause your love is so amazing;
'cause your love inspires me. And when I need a friend,
you're always on my side; Giving me faith that gets me through the night. For the arms to be my shelter through all the rain;
For truth that will never change; For someone to lean on;
for a heart I can rely on through anything; (you can rely on me)
For that one who I can run to....
I turn to you. I turn to you... by Christina Aguilar.



Kevin and Cass danced in each others arms lost in the words of that song. They knew that from this day forward no matter what they would be there for each other helping each other thru whatever life threw at them. They would be each other's shelter and protector, friend and lover. They were lost, just staring in each other's eyes, listening to the sound of the wind blowing in the willows.



Everyone sat mesmerized at the sight of such a perfect love. They were blessed to get to be a part and see it all taking place. Little did they know that in the years to come these two would need them to help them celebrate in many joyous events but also to help them through some tragedies.



Everyone began to say his or her goodnights and leave. Nick and Lisa were standing arm in arm by the willows.

"Well guys, this is it"

"Yep, we want to thank you for everything"
"No thank you. I think that Lisa and I here are going to see where this road we've begun on leads to" Nick smiled at Lisa.

"Call me when you get to Orlando, Ok Cass" Lisa smiled at Cass.
"I will, and you take care of her Nicky. She's special to me."

"Oh I will Cass I will" Nick and Lisa headed off to the Littrell's.

"Well you two will be next" I looked at Leigh and Brian.

"WHOA there." Brian said half laughing.

"Well. We'll see who's right" I laughed.

We all hugged and said our goodnights.



Kevin and I were standing there, under our willow tree, next to our stream, thousands of little lights twinkling above us, the sounds of soft music playing behind us. We were alone.

"Well, Mrs. Richardson, may I have this dance"

"Why Mr. Richardson, of course you may" he encircled me with his arms drawing me closer to his body. I could smell him and feel him. Every never in my body was screaming out at the same time.

"Perfect Day" I mumbled

"Yet, but going to be a more perfect night."

"Yep" We just swayed to the music, in no hurry to go anywhere, we where exactly where we wanted to be.























"So Kevin"

"Yeah"
"I recall someone telling me that he was going to make love to me right here by this willow on our wedding night?"
"You know anyone who might have made that promise?"
"Well my dear, I do intend to make love to my wife under this willow, but not for the first time were together. I have something much more special in mind for that"
"Oh Really?"

"Yeah, you ready?"
"Uh Huh"
Kevin picked me up and began toting me towards the house. As we got to the front door he bumped it with his foot. Inside a fire was going in the fireplace and hundreds of candles filled the room. White rose petals led all the way to our bedroom. He stepped in side and stood me down in front of him.

"Welcome home Mrs. Richardson" and he bent to kiss me.

"Tonight Kevin, I become all yours" and he shut the front door and locked it.