- Text Size +
Photobucket





"So, I guess you won't be home until later tonight huh," Kristin said as she plopped on Rachel’s bed.

"Yeah, I guess. It depends on what Brian wants to do,” Rachel replied while pulling back her long, brown hair.

Kristin heard the phone ringing and rolled her eyes. “I bet it’s that telemarketer again,” she said as she got up to answer it. “Hello?” she said with a sigh.

"Hi, is Kristin there?" said a familiar male voice.

Kristin caught her breath and struggled to answer. "This is she," she said softly.

"Hi, Kristin, this is Nick."

Kristin smiled in excitement. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. I was just . . . Uh . . . wondering if you wanna come over to my place and watch a movie. That is . . . if you aren't busy."

"No, I'm not busy."

"No, I'm not busy," Kristin replied with a smile.

Rachel came into the living room and sat on the couch to put on her shoes. She looked over at Kristin and beamed with delight.

"Is that Nick?" she whispered.

Kristin nodded as she gripped tighter onto the phone. Rachel excitedly leaned closer to hear their conversation. Kristin snickered and pushed Rachel out of the way.

"So, you want to come over?"

"Yeah," Kristin said.

"Okay, I'll come pick you up in an hour or so," said Nick.

“I'll be ready to go."

"I'll see you later."

"Bye," Kristin said then hung up the phone.

She grinned at Rachel and walked to the bathroom. Rachel followed closely behind and leaned against the doorway. Kristin hummed as she started pulling out her make up from her drawer.

"What did he want?" Rachel asked with a smirk.

"Must you be so nosey?" Kristin said jokingly.

Rachel grinned. "Okay, smart ass."

"Alright, if you must know, Nick invited me to his place to watch a movie."

"Did he really?"

"Yeah," Kristin said while brushing hair.

"See, I told you, you had nothing to worry about!" Rachel said with a laugh. "And you thought he didn't like you."

Kristin blushed. "I never said that."

"No, but you sure as hell were thinking it, weren't you?"

Kristin stopped brushing her hair, turned around and looked at Rachel. "What if after tonight he doesn't like me?"

Rachel gave Kristin a sincere look. "If he doesn't like you then he's an idiot. You are a wonderful person and any guy who doesn't like you isn't worth it."

Kristin hugged Rachel. "Thank you," she said then left the bathroom. “I still have no clue what to wear.”

Rachel started to speak, but there was a knock at the door. "That must be Brian," Rachel said as she walked to the door. "Hi," she said with a smile. “You’re early.”

"Yeah, I got a little bit of a head start,“ he said with a grin. “Are you ready to go?"

"Just about. Come on in." Rachel said as she headed to her room where Kristin was peeking her head out to wave at Brian.

Brian waved back stepped in and followed Rachel to her room. Rachel grabbed her bag and double checked everything that was inside. Brian looked at the poster of himself hanging above Rachel's bed and smirked.

"That's a good picture of me."

Rachel looked up at Brian and blushed. "Yeah, I, uh...forgot I had that there," she said as she zipped her bag.

"Rachel do I look okay?" Kristin said as she stood up and did a twirl.

She was wearing a pair of denim capris with a blue tank top and matching flip flops. Kristin smoothed out her shirt and sighed in apprehension.

"You look cute," Rachel said.

Kristin sighed as she looked herself in the full length mirror on the door. "I do? I mean, it's not too much, is it?"

Rachel got up and grabbed a black hair clip from the dresser drawer. "Let me fix just one thing," she said as she started run her fingers through Kristin's hair to pull it back. "There, that looks good," Rachel said as she admired her work.

Kristin looked at it and smiled. "Thanks."

"No prob," Rachel said.

Brian was standing behind them. He fluttered his eyelashes. "I just can't seem to do anything with my hair. Can you fix it for me?" he said with a laugh. Rachel elbowed him in the ribs. "Ouch! Watch it!" he said as he rubbed his ribs.

Rachel giggled. "Well, you deserved it."

Brian stood closer to her. "Oh, really?" he said with a smirk.

Rachel looked Brian straight in the eyes and her cheeks flushed a little. "Yes, really," she said softly. Rachel looked away and cleared her throat. "Are you ready to go?"

"I'm ready if you are," he said.

"Okay, then let's go."

Rachel and Brian said their goodbyes to Kristin, leaving her by herself in the apartment. She sighed as she went into the bathroom and double checked her hair and make up. She gave her lips gloss and final touch and sprayed on a little strawberry body spray. With one last look at herself in the mirror, she turned the light off and sat on her bed. She looked up at the poster of Nick and sighed in anxiety. Don't be nervous. Just be yourself, Kristin thought. She jumped when there was a knock on the door. Kristin slowly got up and answered it. Outside the door stood Nick. Kristin gulped as she stared at him. Her heart was beating against her chest.

"Are you ready to go?" Nick asked.

"Yeah," Kristin said as she stepped outside. She noticed Nick had his hands behind his back. "What are you hiding?" Kristin asked with a grin.

Nick blushed and shyly handed her a rose. "This is for you."

"Thank you," Kristin said as she took it.

"Shall we go now?" Nick asked with a half smile.

"Yeah," Kristin said softly.


Nick shyly took her hand in his and they walked to his car. Kristin blushed as he opened the car door for her. He timidly smiled as he shut the door. Before he got in the car, Kristin quickly checked herself in the mirror. She drew in a deep breath and put on her seat belt. Kristin had no plans for the evening except to have a good time.

“I warn you, I don’t live alone,” he said as he buckled he seatbelt.

“You don’t?”

Nick shook his head. “I live with my parents and siblings.”

“That’s no big deal,” Kristin said as she looked out the window.

“Are you sure? I mean, we can go do something else if you want.”

“No, it’s fine,” Kristin said then smiled at him.

“Great,” Nick said then drove down the road to his house.