- Text Size +
Photobucket




Kristin was sitting on the couch while Nick was going through his collection of movies. She timidly looked around the house and smiled at all the family pictures. Even though she new a little bit about the Carters from magazine and news reports, she still felt it was a new experience.

"Do you like scary movies?" Nick asked as he turned around.

"Yeah," Kristin said softly.

"Okay, cool. Have you seen Scream?"

Kristin shook her head. “Not I haven‘t.”

“Are you for real?” he said in shock.

“Seriously, I’ve never seen it.”

“Aw, man, okay we're watching it then." He popped the in the disc to the DVD player. "Come on, let's go make some popcorn before we watch the movie."

Kristin shyly took his hand and they walked into the kitchen. Nick opened up a cabinet and handed Kristin the package of popcorn.

"Can you put this in the microwave for me?" he asked.

"Sure," Kristin said as she took the package and put it in the microwave.

Nick opened the refrigerator and browsed for some soda. Kristin leaned against the counter and waited for the popcorn to finish.

"Do you want Sprite or Pepsi?" he asked.

"Sprite," Kristin said as she opened the microwave. "You wanna put this in a bowl?"

Nick got out two Sprites and then went to a cabinet and got out a big plastic bowl. "Yeah, we’ll put the popcorn in this,” he said as he set the bowl down while Kristin poured the popcorn in. "Let’s go watch the movie," Nick said as he walked back to the living room.

They made themselves comfortable on the couch and Nick turned off all the lights except for a small lamp on the other side of the living room. Kristin had to hide her smile. She liked his style of setting the mood. She pulled her legs up close to herself and watched the movie.

Some time in the middle of the movie, Kristin and Nick found themselves holding hands in the popcorn bowl. Kristin was the first to notice and shyly pulled her hand away. Nick blushed and quickly looked away from her. She glued her eyes on the TV screen as the movie was starting to get suspenseful. They both became to engrossed in the movie that they didn’t realize they weren’t alone.

"Boo!"

Kristin screamed and grabbed onto Nick. He sat up straight and paused the movie as he looked around the living room.

"What the hell?" Nick exclaimed.

They could hear giggles coming from behind the couch. Out popped Nick's younger siblings Angel and Aaron. They giggled hysterically and slapped each other a high five. Kristin sighed of relief and let go of Nick.

"Did we scare ya?" Aaron asked.

"What are you two doing out of bed?" Nick asked.

Just then, Nick's mom, Jane, came downstairs. "What is going on down here? I heard a scream."

Nick pointed to Angel and Aaron. "The Rugrats are awake. Need I say more?"

Jane looked over at Aaron and Angel then laughed. "Come on, you two. Back to bed."

"Aww, man," Aaron whined. "I don't wanna."

"But you're gonna. Now, get upstairs."

Aaron and Angel grumbled and went upstairs. Nick looked over at Kristin and smiled.

"Sorry about that? You okay? You can breathe now," he joked.

"I'm fine, they just surprised me," Kristin said with a soft giggle.

"Yeah, they like to give me grief when I've got company."

"Apparently."

"Now, let's watch the rest of the movie," Nick said as he turned the movie back on.

Kristin smiled and made herself comfortable on the couch. She noticed Nick nervously looking at Kristin from the corner of his eye. She bit her bottom lip to keep from laughing. She was pretty sure he was about to make a move. Nick slowly raised his arm and carefully placed it around Kristin's shoulders. She smiled and cuddled closer to him. It was a typical move, but it was good enough for her. Kristin had contain herself as it dawned on her that it was Nick Carter who had his arm around her. She counted to ten and took a deep breath as she focused her eyes back on the movie.

When the movie was over, they sat on the couch in silence. She wasn’t sure if she should say anything. It was obvious that Nick wasn’t going to let go of her, not that she minded. She placed her head on his shoulder and he cleared his throat.

"What did you think of the movie?" Nick asked awkwardly.

Kristin smiled. "I really liked it."

"So, what do you want to do now?"

"I don't know. What do you wanna do?"

Nick thought a minute then smiled. "Let’s play Mario Kart."

Kristin laughed. "How did I know that you were gonna say that?" she said, suddenly feeling embarrassed for knowing that fact.

Nick smiled and gave her shoulder a squeeze. "So, you wanna play it?"

"I don't know. It depends."

"Depends on what?"

"On you." Kristin said coyly.

"What about me?" Nick said as he got closer to her.

"If you can handle being beat by a girl."

"You think you can beat me?"

"Sure, and I'm gonna kick your butt."

"Oh, is that so?" Nick said with a grin.

"Yeah," Kristin grinned back.

"So, what if I lose?"

"Then I get the reward."

"And if I win?"

Kristin gave Nick a seductive smile. "Then you get the reward. It's a win, win situation. Either way we're both gonna be happy."

"What's the reward?" Nick whispered.

Kristin smirked. "You'll see."

Nick laughed and sat down on the floor. He handed Kristin her controller. "Let’s play."

Kristin giggled and sat down next to Nick. He turned on the game and she laughed as he hummed along to the theme music. The two of them sat on the floor battling each other to a game of Mario Kart, but they both knew it was more than just a game.