- Text Size +
Photobucket




Sarah came home from a busy day at the bookstore. She opened her purse and spotted the backstage pass that Kevin had given her. A smile spread across her face as she hopped into the shower. While she was in the shower, she heard a pounding on the door. Sarah rolled her eyes as she put on a towel. She opened the door and there stood her boyfriend, Keith.

"What do you want, Keith?"

"I'm out of beer."

"And what do you want me to do about it?"

"Go to the store and get me some."

Sarah glared at Keith. "Go get it yourself!"

"I have no money! You got paid today, go get me some!"

"You know, if you'd get off your lazy ass and get a job maybe you could get your own beer," she said as she slammed the door. She started to take her towel off, but Keith swung open the door. "Keith, what the --"

"Don't you ever, ever slam the door on me again!"

"Okay, I'm sorry. Now can you leave so I can get ready?"

"Just where do you think you're going?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but I'm going to a Backstreet Boys concert."

"Without me?" Keith said in an angered tone.

"Yes, without you."

"I don't think so. You're staying here with me."

"Keith--"

He put his hand over her mouth and pushed her against the wall. "You're not going anywhere. Do you understand me?" Sarah weakly nodded. "Good, I'm glad we understand each other. Get some clothes on before you make yourself sick." Keith left the room.

Sarah slid down the wall to the floor and sobbed. She knew she would disappoint Kevin, but what could she do? She couldn't leave, he would just get violent with her. Keith had always crushed her spirits one way or another. Slowly, she got up and put on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. Sarah turned off the light in her bedroom, laid there in her bed, and stared at the ceiling. Why did I have to meet Kevin? I wouldn't feel so miserable right now, she thought. Suddenly she realized something. It's not Kevin's fault, it's Keith's. As usual, Keith ruins everything for me. Sarah closed her eyes and tried to forget about the whole thing.

A few hours later, Sarah realized she had fallen asleep. She was rudely awaken by the sound of Keithe stumbling into the room. Sarah sat up and looked at Keith.

"Do you not know how to knock?"

"Hey, this is my apartment. I pay the bills, so I don't have to knock."

"Uh, correction this may be your apartment, but I pay the bills. Remember, you don't have a job."

Keith glared at her. "Shut up!"

"Why?"

"I want some beer."

Sarah frowned at him. It was clear that he was drunk. Keith got in the bed with her. He kissed her lightly on the neck. The smell of scotch reeked from his breath. She shoved away from him.

"God, what did you do? Drink all of the scotch?" Keith gave her an evil smile. "I'm not getting any beer," Sarah said.

"Why not?"

"You're already drunk. You don't need any more alcohol."

Keith gave her an angry stare then smacked her across the face. "You're pretty damn lucky I don't beat the shit out of you right now," he said as he got off the bed and left the room.

Sarah grabbed the hand mirror beside her bed and looked at the side of her face. It was red and she already knew it would bruise. She grabbed her purse and got out her make up. On the bottom of her purse she noticed the envelope with the backstage pass. Sarah got up to throw it away. She turned it over and noticed writing on the back. Slowly, she brought it up to her eyes. It was Kevin's phone number. I should call him, she thought. Sarah glanced at the clock. It was nearly midnight. She wondered if it was too late to call and then she decided it was best to call him anyway. Sarah picked up the phone and dialed the number.

"Hello?" Kevin answered in a groggy voice.

Sarah hesitated for a moment. "Kevin?"

"What do you want?" he sneered.

"Kevin, I can explain."

Kevin scoffed. "Unless your mother died or something, I don't wanna hear it."

"But--"

"You know, if you weren't interested, you could've told me. That would've stung a lot less than being blown off," he continued.

Sarah held back her tears. "Kevin--"

"Sarah, where are you?" shouted Keith from the hallway.

"Oh, fuck, he's back."

"What? Who?" Kevin asked with confusion.

"Keith," Sarah whispered. "Maybe he'll go away if I don't answer."

"Sarah, what--"

"Dammit, Sarah, let me in!" yelled Keith.

"Go away!" Sarah shouted.

"I'll knock this door down!"

"Go ahead!"

"Sarah, what is going on?" Kevin asked again.

Sarah rolled her eyes and drew out a loud sigh. "He's drunk and ticked off because I won't get him anymore alcohol. I locked him out the room. He's hardly smart enough to know how use the spare key to get in."

Keith banged and banged on the door. Finally, he had given enough force to knock the door off the hinges. He charged directly for Sarah. "Get off the damn phone and get me some beer like I told you."

"Keith, you're drunk just go in the other room."

Keith grabbed her arm, pulling her off the bed and pushed her against the dresser. Sarah screamed in pain.

"Shut up before I give you something to cry about." He moved closer to Sarah. His lips brushed against her cheek. "Come on, baby, let's have some fun," he said as he rubbed he hands down her waist.

"No," Sarah whispered, between tears.

"Why not? Don't you want to give your boyfriend a little lovin?" he asked as he licked her lips.

"Keith, get off me!" Sarah cried in fear.

"Baby, relax, I'll take care of you." Keith slowly undid her shirt as Sarah cried.

"No!" she screamed.

"Oh, I think so," he said with a lustful grin.

"Get the fuck off me, Keith," Sarah cried between loud sobs.

Keith unbuckled his jeans and pushed her to the ground. "You can't tell me what to do, bitch! I'll get what I want," he shouted as he turned her over on her stomach.

"Stop! Keith! No!" Sarah cried. She noticed the phone laying on the floor. The light was still on, indicating that Kevin was still on the line. "Kevin!" she screamed. Keith slapped her hard on the back and shoved her face into the carpet as he forced himself into her. "No!" she cried.

Sarah tried to get away from him, but his grip was too strong. She continued to sob and scream in pain as he forcefully did his business. After five minutes, of struggle, so gave in. Her crying softened as she laid on the floor like a rag doll. Sarah found herself zoning out to a better place. It was her only means to keep sane. All she could do was lay limply on the floor and cry.