- Text Size +
Photobucket



Brian and Rachel walked into a coffee shop and sat down at a table. They both ordered mochas and sipped them quietly. There was a little bit of an awkward silence between them. Brian didn’t know whether to strike up a conversation or remain quiet. She softly sighed as she drank more of her mocha. Brian could help but watch her. He began to daydream as he continued to stare at her.

"What?" Rachel asked as she folded her hands together.

"Hmm?" Brian said as he snapped out of his trance.

"You were staring at me."

"I was? Oh, sorry I was just...thinking."

"I see," Rachel said with a nod.

"Hey, have you ever been to the beach during the day?"

Rachel shook her head. "No, why do you ask?"

"Well, everyone is going tomorrow afternoon. You wanna come?"

"Sure, it'll be fun," Rachel said with a smile.

Brian looked at her and smiled. He loved her smile. It seemed to brighten up the whole room. Her brown hair draped over her shoulders perfectly. He watched her as she took another sip of her drink.

"Brian, you're staring again," Rachel said with a grin.

Brian blushed. "Sorry," he said.

"What's with you tonight? Why do you keep staring at me?"

"I wasn't staring," Brian denied.

"Then what were you doing?"

"Admiring," Brian said shyly.

Rachel‘s cheeks flushed as she looked away from him. "There's nothing here to admire."

Brian smiled and grabbed her hand. "There's more than you think."

"Thank you," Rachel said softly.

"Anytime," Brian said with a warm smile.

"You wanna go somewhere else tonight?" Rachel asked, obviously trying to change the subject.

Brian smiled. "Well, we could go to your place and watch a couple of movies."

"Why not yours?"

"Well, we don‘t have to. It was just a suggestion."

"But I don't have any movies."

"So we'll rent some," Brian said as he stood up. "Come on, let's go to the video store," he said as he held out his hand.

Rachel took his hand and they went to Brian's BMW. The two of them drove to the video store and rented "Sleepless in Seattle" and "Dumb and Dumber." When they got to her apartment, the two of them settled down on the couch.

"What do you want to watch first?" Brian asked.

"Dumber and Dumber. Jim Carrey is da bomb!" Rachel said with a laugh.

Brian smiled. "Finally a girl who agrees with me," he said as he popped in the movie.

He sat next to Rachel and they watched the movie. He smiled when she snuggled up to him. Brian found himself watching her more than he was the movie. Every time she’d laugh, he felt himself tingle. She had a way of making him feel good inside.

When the movie was over Brian got the next movie out. He went back to the couch and picked up the remote when Rachel put her hand on top of his.

"Wait, don't start the movie yet. I wanna change my clothes. I'll be right back."

"Okay I'll wait," Brian said as he leaned back on the couch.

A few minutes later, Rachel came out wearing blue jogging pants, UCF sweatshirt and her hair pulled back in a messy bun. She sat back on the couch next to Brian.

"Okay, I'm ready," Rachel said.

Brian didn't respond at first. He sat there admiring her for a moment. Rachel tilted her head to the side and crossed her arms.

"You're staring again," she said with a smirk.

"Sorry," he said as his face burned in embarrassment. "Let’s watch the movie," he said then pushed the play button on the remote.

Brian tried to concentrate on the movie, but he kept shifting his eyes over to her. A smirk came across his lips when he saw her staring at him too. She noticed Brian turning his head, so she quickly looked away. He couldn’t help but hold in a laugh as she jumped when he grabbed her hand. She relaxed a little and laid her head on his shoulder. He looked down at her and smiled. Brian kissed the top of her head and put his arm around her.

The movie had ended and Rachel look over at Brian. He smiled and sat up straight. She looked at him and smiled back.

"So, what do you want to do now?" Brian asked.

Rachel smiled and stood up. "I've got an idea," she said as she got up and put a Brian McKnight CD in the CD player.

"What's that?" Brian asked quizzically.

"I'll show you," Rachel said as she moved closer to him.

Slowly their lips brushed and they began to kiss. Brian put his hands on her waist while Rachel ran her fingers through his hair. The two of them remained kissing for a few more minutes then Rachel laid in Brian's arms. Brian kissed her on the top of her head. The two of them lay there in silence and enjoyed each other's embrace. No words were needed at that moment. All that was said...was said in the kiss.