- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Howie action coming very soon!!!
Photobucket



"Rachel, take your inhaler with you!" Kristin said.

"Why? I'm not going to need it," Rachel said as she changed her shorts. She put on a pair of denim shorts over her bikini bottom. "Does this look okay?"

"Yeah, it looks fine. Now, take your inhaler."

"I told you I won't need it!"

"Just take it in case you do. You never know."

"I'm telling you, I won't need it," Rachel shouted, getting slightly irritated.

"Quit being so stubborn and take it."

Rachel sighed and took the inhaler from Kristin. "Fine, I'll take it, but I won't need it."

"Well, maybe not, but at least you'll have it if you do."

Rachel stared herself in the mirror. "What do you think? Hair up or down?"

"I'd wear it up since it's hot outside. Are you purposely trying to ignore me?"

Rachel gave Kristin a sarcastic grin and rolled her eyes. "I heard you and I'm taking the stupid inhaler. You worry way too damn much."

“You’re still mad about last night, aren’t you?” Kristin said as she crossed her arms.

“Well, you have to admit that you were being a little ridiculous.”

“For your information, Nick disagrees with you.”

Rachel scoffed and looked at her. “You got him involved?”

“Well, I needed to know if you were right.”

“I don’t believe you. You’re so insecure that you have get other people involved in our argument. Of course he’s going to agree with you. He’s only seen one side of you!”

“I’m insecure? Look who’s talking?”

Rachel waved her hand in the air and shook her head. “I’m done talking about this. Just leave my room.”

"I'm just trying to explain to you my side of the story. Besides--" she was interrupted by the doorbell. "That's probably Nick and Brian.”.

“I’ve got it,” Rachel insisted.

She pushed past Kristin and gave her an icy stare as she left the room. Rachel heard the doorbell ring one more time before she opened the door. A smile spread across her face when she saw Nick and Brian standing in the doorway.

"Hey, guys! Come on in. We're almost ready," she said as she let them inside.

Kristin came into the living room and smiled widely when she saw Nick. Rachel glanced at Kristin as she grabbed Nick‘s hand then kissed him. Brian placed his hand on her hip and kissed her cheek, but she ignored him. She had to bite her tongue to keep from saying something she‘d regret. Kristin glanced over at her and kissed Nick again.

"Nick, you wanna help me get some stuff into the cooler?"

"Sure, no problem," he said as he followed her into the kitchen.

"Hey, is it okay that I use the restroom real quick?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, go ahead. Down the hall, third door on the left," Rachel replied.

"Thanks," Brian said as walked down the hall.

Rachel went back to her room to finish getting ready. She stood at the end of her bed and stared into the mirror. Rachel let out a sigh and pursed her lips, she wasn’t exactly thrilled about going to the beach with Kristin around. She grabbed another tank top from her dresser and pulled off the one she was wearing. Rachel sat on her bed and put the other tank top on. There was a knock on her door. She looked over and saw that Brian was standing in the doorway.

"Hey," she said softly.

"Hi, what are you doing?"

"Just finishing getting ready. You can come in," she said as she stood up and went back to her mirror.

Brian stepped in her room and sat down on her bed. Rachel continued to study herself in the mirror.

"Can you hand me that brush laying on the bed please?" she asked, not looking at him. Brian reached over and handed her the brush. "Thank you," she responded while brushing her hair.

Rachel looked into the mirror and could see his reflection behind her. She noticed him watching her. "Yes?" she asked turning around.

"Nothing," Brian said with an innocent grin.

"Yeah, okay," Rachel said quickly and continued brushing her hair.

She put it up in a pony tail and sat down next to Brian. She looked over at him, his eyes were locked with hers. He slowly brought his hand up and brushed her cheek. Softly but sweetly, his lips touched hers. Rachel gently pulled away, keeping her eyes closed. The kiss still lingered on her lips, tasting as sweet as honey. She took a deep breath and opened her eyes and looked at Brian.

"I've been waiting to kiss you like that since I met you," he whispered.
“You’ve kissed me before,” she said while blushing.

“Not like that,” he said with a smile.

Rachel smiled and kissed him again. The two of them remained kissing until they were interrupted by the sound of Kristin's voice.

"Did you take a detour route to the bathroom, Brian?"

Brian jumped and pulled away from Rachel. “Sorry,” he mumbled.

"I told you he'd get lost," Nick said.

"Ha, ha funny," Brian said as he stood up.

"Come on, guys help us get the stuff loaded up so we can meet everyone on the beach," Kristin said. Nick and Brian walked into the other room. Kristin caught Rachel by the arm. "Are you two. . .?"

Rachel shook her head. "No. . .not yet," she said. “Not that it’s any of your concern.”

“What’s with you?”

“You know what,” Rachel said between her gritting teeth.

“Take a fucking Midol, woman,” Kristin said with a sigh. “You’re reading far much into it.”

“I don’t think I am,” Rachel sneered. “Look me in the eye and tell me you like him for more than the money.”

Kristin shook her head in disbelief. “You’re being a bitch.”

“And you’ve just answered my question,” Rachel said then pushed past her on her way into the kitchen.

Brian picked up a big cooler and took it out to Nick's Dodge Dorango. Rachel began putting bags of potato chips in plastic sacks. Nick was putting ice into another cooler. She observed Kristin from the corner of her eye. She was leaning against the counter, watching him pick up the ice bag and pound it into the cooler. Kristin walked over to him and kissed him on the cheek.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"For being so cute." Nick gave her an evil look. "I know I know you hate being called cute. Get used to it."

“I still don’t like it,“ Nick said as he stuck his tongue out at her.

"Where did you put the soda? Hey! I saw that Mister! Stick that tongue back in your mouth before I bite it off."

"Kinky," Nick said with a snicker.

Kristin started to make a comment, but stopped and shook her head. "Never mind, I'm not gonna go there. Anyway, Nickolas, where did you put the soda?"

"It's sitting over there on the counter," Nick said while pointing to it.

Kristin motioned for Rachel to help. Rachel sighed and stepped over to her and help her pick up the six packs of Pepsi. Rachel noticed a piece of ice fly over Kristin‘s shoulder and hit the wall, which was followed by Nick's laughter. Rachel couldn‘t help laugh with him and threw the piece of ice back at him.

"Nick, you're supposed to keep the ice in the cooler. Not throw it at us."

"But this is so much fun," he said as he picked up another piece of ice.

Kristin turned around and looked at Nick playfully. "Well, if you keep that up you'll be in trouble."

"Oh, really?" Nick said with a sexy grin. He walked over to her and put his hands on her waist. "What would you do if I were to kiss you right now?"

"Oh, spare me," Rachel grumbled.

Nick grinned at Rachel and threw the other piece of ice at her. Rachel laughed and continued to put the soda in the cooler.

Kristin laughed and drew her attention back at Nick. "I would kiss you back," she said as she slowly moved her lips towards Nick's then began to kiss, wrapping her arms loosely around his neck.

Brian walked into the kitchen and grinned. "Okay, you get on to us about kissing and look what you're doing. I thought you guys were supposed to be helping us load up the car. By the time we get there it'll be dark. Come on, love birds."

"Alright, all right we're coming," Nick said as he parted from Kristin.

They helped Rachel put the remainder of the sodas into the cooler and each held onto a handle. Rachel followed Brian out the door and locked it behind them. Nick and Kristin were already in front of Nick’s Durango. He placed the cooler in the back while Kristin got in. He waved at them as he got into his car.

"We'll see you guys, there," he said then drove off.

“I think these bags are the last of everything,” he said while pointing to the plastic bags on the pavement.

“Okay,” Rachel mumbled as she picked up a bag.

“Hey,” Brian said as he gently took her arm. “What’s wrong?”

Rachel shook her head and smiled. “Nothing, don’t worry about it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Just a little cat fight with Kristin. It’s fine.”

“Okay,” Brian said in a unconvinced tone.

“Trust me, it’s fine,” she assured as she put the bag into the jeep.

Rachel helped Brian get the last of the food in his jeep. After she handed him the last bag, he reached over and kissed her. Rachel smiled and shyly looked away.

"Why do you look away when I do that?"

"I don't know," she said softly.

He smiled and rubbed his hand on her back. "There's no need to be shy. I won't bite."

"You sure about that?" she joked.

"Well, only if you asked to," he said with a laugh. He opened the car door for her. "Come on, let’s go," he said.

Rachel got in the jeep and put on her seat belt. When he got in the car, he looked over at her and flirtatiously tapped his finger under her chin. Rachel smiled and looked out the window. She decided she wouldn’t let Kristin ruin her day. It wasn’t worth the hassle when she was in the company of a fun guy.