- Text Size +
Photobucket


Rachel and Brian put their inner tubes down and rented a raft for two then headed to the lazy river. Brian held it still as Rachel climbed on and he carefully got on after her. Rachel smiled and laid back on the raft.

"This is so relaxing. I could do this for hours," she said as she slipped her blue sunglasses on. "Don't you think this is fun?" she asked as she looked over at Brian.

He smiled and stared at her. "You know those sunglasses look good on you. Blue's my favorite color."

"Mine too," Rachel said while blushing. “Well, that and pink,” she said with a laugh.

“You are such a girl,” he joked.

“I should hope so. I am a girl.”

Brian smiled and studied her for a moment. "You know, I've been wanting to say something to you all day. I think I better do it now before I chicken out again."

"What is it," Rachel as she blocked the sun with her hand.

"I've never met anyone like you. You're a very special person, you know that?"

Rachel laughed nervously. "If you say so."

"No, I'm serious. You've got all the right qualities inside and out. The funny thing is. . .I think I'm falling for you."

"Huh? What?" Rachel said as she fell off the raft in shock.

When she came back up Brian was laughing at her. "Are you okay?" he asked as he lent her a hand.

She took his hand and got back up on the raft. "Yeah, I'm fine," she said while avoiding his eyes.

Brian reached out and brushed a piece of hair off of her face. "Look, I know this is all a shock to you. Maybe I did this too soon," Brian said in a sad tone.

"No!" she shouted then sighed. "No," she said more softly. "You didn't"

Brian smiled. "Say what are the chances of a guy like me getting together with a girl like you?"

Rachel grinned. "I say the chances are pretty good. Fifty-fifty maybe," she said mischievously.

"Oh, really?"

"Uh huh," she said as she got close to him.

"What can I do to make my percentage higher?"

"Kiss me," Rachel said sweetly.

Brian kissed her passionately on the lips. "How was that?"

"You just won first prize, Mr. Littrell."

"Oh yeah? What do I win?" he said as he nuzzled her neck.

"A girlfriend."

Brian looked up at her and smiled. "Is that a that a yes?" Rachel nodded. "There is a God!”

"Oh, no, don‘t get all religious on me," she joked.
.
"I can‘t help it" Brian said then kissed her.

Rachel snuggled close to him and the two of them happily floated down the lazy river together. Not a word was spoken for a few minutes. Rachel closed her eyes and enjoyed the gentle ride of the raft. Brian linked his fingers with hers and kissed her hand. She smiled and opened her eyes too look at him.

“So, I guess Nick is planning on asking Kristin to join him on tour,” Brian said casually.

“Okay,” Rachel said as she closed her eyes.

“So, I was kinda thinking maybe you’d come too.”

“I dunno, maybe,” Rachel said with a sigh.

“You don’t sound too thrilled with the idea.”

“I’m thrilled of the idea of being with you, not her,” Rachel admitted.

“What’s with you two lately? You’ve been fighting a lot?” he curiously asked.

Rachel shrugged. “I’d be fine if she stopped acting like a little brat.”

Brian shook his head and kissed her cheek. “I don’t think I want in the middle of this.”

“No, you don’t,” Rachel said then kissed him back. “Let’s not ruin our day with talk of that, okay?”

“Okay,” Brian said then laid back on the raft.