- Text Size +
But we are two worlds apart. Can't reach to you heart. When you say I want it that way.

Kristin smiled as she listened to Nick's sweet voice sing from her alarm clock. It was 4:45 AM and the first day of classes. She slowly got out of bed and got into the shower. After curling her hair and putting on her make up she made her bed. Just then, she heard Rachel's alarm clock go off. She walked over to Rachel's room and slowly opened the door. The alarm clock was still blaring. She laughed quietly when she saw Rachel roll over and slam her hand down on the snooze button. She snuggled under her covers and fell back asleep. Kristin walked over and pulled the blankets off her bed.

"Rachel, you're gonna be late for class if you don't get up."

Slowly, Rachel got out of bed and got into the shower. A few minutes later, Rachel came out wearing her jean shorts and purple tank top. Kristin was sitting on the couch tying her shoes.

"Are you ready to go?" Kristin asked.

Rachel picked up her book bag. "As ready as I'll ever be."

The girls headed out to the main campus area. They went to their first two classes of the day and met each other for lunch.

"So, how did you like your classes?" Kristin asked as she sat down at the table.

"Well, my English class was pretty interesting, but my college algebra class was complete hell. I really hate math. What about you? How did you like your classes?"

"My English class wasn't too bad. I didn't really like my college algebra class to well. I have my P.E. class next."

"Ugh, good luck with that. I‘ve got my biology class next."

"Ew, not fun," Kristin said.

Rachel nodded as she took a bite out of her sandwich. "So, have you seen any cute guys around?"

Kristin ginned and nodded. "There are a lot of cute guys here. Though none of them compare to Nick."

"Nick who?" said a voice from behind them. Kristin turned around and there stood Amanda. "Hey, guys! Mind if I sit here?"

"No, not at all," Rachel said.

Amanda sat down next to Kristin. "So, what were you guys talking about?"

"We were talking about--"

"Nothing! We were talking about nothing," Kristin said.

"Uh huh," Amanda said with a smirk.

"You don't believe me, do you?" Kristin asked.

"Nope," Amanda said as she took a sip of her Pepsi.

"Oh," Kristin said softly.

"So, did you two enjoy yourselves at the club last night?"

"Yeah," said Kristin. "A.J. and Kevin are really nice."

Amanda rolled her eyes. "Well, Kevin's nice, but A.J.'s just one big pain in the ass."

"We know, you made the point very clear last night," Kristin said with a grin.

"Good," Amanda replied.

"If A.J.'s such a pain in the ass then why are you going out with him?" Rachel asked with a grin.

"Well, I enjoy being with him when he isn't too busy being a smart ass. It's really weird. A.J. and I are totally alike, but then A.J. gets an ego and it drives me bonkers, but I love him."

"I see," Kristin commented.

Amanda took another sip of her Pepsi then looked over at Kristin with a mischievous grin. "So, this Nick guy you was talking about wouldn't be Nick Carter, would it?"

Kristin gave Amanda an innocent look. "Who's Nick Carter?"

Amanda laughed. "Oh, don't try to pull that innocent crap on me, girl. Admit it, you think Nick Carter is the finest guy alive."

Kristin blushed. "Okay, so what if I do. My opinion is no different than millions of other girls."

Amanda snickered then turned to Rachel. "Okay, spill it. Is it Kevin, Howie, Nick, or Brian? I already know it‘s not A.J." Rachel looked down at the table. "Come on, I don't have all day."

Rachel turned red and said, "I . . .I like . . .uh . . .Brian."

Amanda smiled. "Aw, how cute,” she cooed. “Now that you’ve gotten your teeny bopper moment out of you, what do you two have planned for Thursday night?"

Kristin looked at Rachel. "Do we have something planned?"

Rachel thought a moment. "No, we're free that night."

"Good," Amanda said.

"Why do you ask?" Kristin said.

Amanda opened her purse and pulled out a white envelope. She opened it and took out two tickets and backstage passes and handed them to Rachel and Kristin. "How would you guys
like to see the Backstreet Boys live that night?"

Kristin took the tickets and squealed. "Are you serious?"

"Do I look serious?"

Kristin bounced up and down in her seat. "Rachel, we're gonna see BSB live!"

Rachel bounced in her seat as well. "I can't believe the luck I'm having. First I meet Kevin, then A.J. and now I'm gonna see the whole group perform live on Thursday night! Amanda, thank you so much," Rachel said as she got up and gave her a hug.

"Hey, it's no problem. You girls are cool. I like you. Take that as an honor because I don't like too many people," Amanda stated then laughed.

Rachel looked at her watch. "Oops! It's almost time to go."

Amanda looked at her watch as well. "Well, I'm supposed to meet A.J. in thirty minutes." She took out a pen from her purse. "Here, write your number down on this envelope." Kristin took the pen and wrote the number down. "Okay, cool. I'll call you guys sometime this week. Maybe we could go cruising or something.”

"Okay, sounds cool," Rachel said.

"I'll see you guys later," said Amanda.

"Bye," said Kristin and Rachel at the same time.

"Amanda's really nice," Rachel commented.

"Yeah, she's really cool," Kristin said while gathering her things. "Come on, let's go. We don‘t wanna be late for class. I‘ll see you later."

"Okay, later,” Rachel said as she walked in the opposite direction.