- Text Size +
Photobucket


Kristin arrived back at Nick's place shortly after she left the apartment. As soon as she opened the door, she was greeted by Mikey, Willie, and Houston, three of Nick's pugs. They barked loudly and pawed at the door. Kristin laughed and let them outside. Once she shut the door, she set her duffel bag on a table next to the door and walked over to the couch where Nick was still sleeping. His fourth pug, Nicky, was asleep on top of his chest. Kristin couldn't help but giggle at the sight. Gently, she pushed a stray hair from his face and kissed him lightly on the forehead. He stirred, but didn't wake up. Kristin smiled as she sat on the other end of the couch. She was flipping through a magazine when she heard the phone ring. She stared apprehensively at the phone and then picked it up after two rings.

"Hello?" she said.

"Hi, this is Jane, Nick's mom. Who's this?"

"I'm Kristin, Nick's new girlfriend," Kristin answered confidently.

"Oh, that's right. He told me about you before. You came over to the house before we moved out here. He needs to bring you up to LA sometime to meet the rest of the family."

"Yeah, that sounds like fun," she said, still flipping through the magazine.

"Is Nick around, by chance?"

"Yeah, but he's sleeping right now. Do you need me to wake him up?"

"No, let him sleep. He's usually still awake at this hour. I just wanted to say hi. He's not sick, is he?" Jane asked in concern.

"No, he just hurt his leg at the water park earlier this afternoon and we had to take him to the emergency room."

"Is he okay?" Jane asked in a frantic tone.

"He's fine. The doctors directed him to stay off his leg for a few days and they gave him some medication for the pain. I'm staying with him the next two days to make sure he stays off his leg. I'm a premed student at UCF, so I know what to do. Plus my mom was a nurse, so medical knowledge goes a long way in my family."

"That boy is always getting himself hurt, but it's good to know he's got someone taking care of him. So, how are you liking Orlando?"

"I'm loving every minute of it. It's beautiful here. I already feel right at home," Kristin said as she looked over at Nick who was now awake and sitting up on the couch. She smiled and leaned against him.

"Well, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself while going to college," Jane continued. "When Nick wakes up have him call me."

"Actually, he just woke up. You want to talk to him now?" she asked as she ran her fingers through his tousled hair.
"Yeah, put him on."

Kristin handed Nick the phone. "It's your mom."

Nick grinned then took the phone from her. "Hey, Mom! No, I'm okay. It's just a cut on my leg. The doctor told me I'd be fine if I stay off my leg for the next two days. Plus, I've got Kristin here if I need anything," he said as linked his fingers with hers. "Okay, I will.. I'll call you in a few days. Okay. . .bye," he said then hung up. "Moms, gotta love them," he said with a grin.

Kristin snickered and made herself comfortable in Nick's arms. "Did you sleep well?" she asked as she fiddled with his fingers.

"Not really. The dogs kept waking me up. Finally, they shut up and I fell back asleep, but then Nicky woke me up when she jumped on me."

"I saw her sleeping on your chest when I came back."

"She always does that. Nicky's my couch buddy. Aren't you, girl?" he said as he patted Nicky on the head. "Speaking of pugs, where are the rest of my dogs?"

"Oops, I almost forgot. I let them out into the yard. They were scratching at the door like they wanted to go outside. I hope that's okay."

"Yeah, that's fine, Nicky's the only one who isn't allowed outdoors without someone watching her. She's cross-eyed and she can hurt herself," Nick commented.

He was scratching Nicky behind the ear when he heard Kristin sigh loudly. He looked over at her in concern.

"Something wrong?" he asked as he let Nicky down.

Kristin shook her head. "I was just thinking."

"About?" he asked as he ran his fingers through her soft, brown hair.

"When I went back to the apartment to get my stuff, Rach was getting on my case about being excited to be with you. I don’t know what her problem is, but she’s really starting to piss me off. She’s making it sound like I’m a gold digger. I swear I’m not. It just seems to weird to be with you. I'm not complaining, but I mean one minute I'm just an ordinary BSB fan. And the next minute I'm going out with Nick Carter. It's all kind of shocking."

"Don‘t let it get to you. I‘m sure things will work out with you two," Nick said in a soft tone. “Besides, there is on thing I do know.”

"What's that?" Kristin asked, looking into Nick's eyes.

"I wouldn't think twice about being with you."

"Really?" Kristin said in shock.

"Yes, really," Nick stated then kissed her on the lips. "Mmm, your lips taste good. What flavor do you have on?"

"Kiwi strawberry."

"I like it. Makes me hungry," he said as he jiggled his eyebrows.

Kristin laughed. "Speaking of hungry, what do you want for dinner?"

"I dunno. I'm in the mood for whatever. What do you want?"

Kristin grinned. "Your Durango."

"Hah! Not on your life. I meant for dinner, you goof."

"Oh, yeah! Of course. I dunno, you have plenty of food in your fridge. How about I fix you something?"

"Sounds good to me," Nick said with a smile.

"Okay, I'll go get started," she said as she got up. She then noticed Nick getting up with her. "And just where you think you're gong, Mister?"

"With you," he said with an innocent grin.

Kristin shook her head. "I don't think so. You lay back down on that couch. I'll be back when your dinner is ready." Nick laid back down on the couch and sulked. "If you're good, you'll have something special for dessert," she said as she kissed him on the lips.

"Mmm, I'm liking that idea."

"Good, I'll be back when I'm done."

"I'll be waiting," Nick replied in a seductive tone.

"I bet you will," she said, then went into the kitchen.