- Text Size +
Photobucket




Rachel groaned as she looked at her notes for her college algebra class. "I'm about to say the hell with college if I don't figure this stuff out."

Kristin grinned from her position on the couch. "Having problems?"

"No, I'm faking it," Rachel said sarcastically.

Kristin laughed. "Touchy, touchy."

"I'm sorry, I just really hate algebra."

"It's okay, I understand." Just then, the phone rang. Kristin got up to answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Kristin, this is Amanda."

"Hey, girl! What's up?"

"Not much. A.J.'s at the studio tonight and I'm bored. I was wondering if you guys wanted to go see a movie."

"Yeah, sure. Let me ask Rachel." Kristin looked over at Rachel. "Do you want to go to a movie with Amanda?"

Rachel shut her book. "Hell yeah!"

Kristin giggled. "Yeah, we'll go with you."

"Cool, what apartment complex do you guys live in?"

"Kelly Greens, and the apartment number is 3004."

"Okay, cool. I'm going to finish getting ready and I'll come get you guys. Be there in about fifteen minutes."

"Okay," Kristen said then hung up the phone.

"Woo hoo! We're getting out of this apartment!" Rachel said as she hopped off the chair.

"Are you saying you don't like this place?" Kristin said with a fake pout.

"No, it's awful! It's the worst place I've ever seen!" Rachel said in a sarcastic tone.

"You want a piece of me?" Kristin said getting Rachel's face, trying her best to hold in her laughter.

Rachel stared at Kristin. "Come on, Cleetus! Come on!"

Kristin busted up laughing. "You're so odd, I swear."

"Yeah, but you know you love me," Rachel said with a big grin.

"Go get ready, you dork."

Rachel stood up tall and saluted Kristin. "Yes, ma'am!"

Kristin and Rachel went to their rooms and got ready to go to the movies. A few minutes later, the door bell rang. Kristin answered it and there stood Amanda at the door.

"Hey, girl! Come on in. We're not quite finished getting ready."

"Oh, not a problem. We’ve got plenty of time."

Rachel peeked her head out of the bathroom with her toothbrush still in her mouth. “Hello!” she said while waving.

Kristin laughed and shook her head. “Girl, finish brushing your teeth and then talk.”

“Okie dokie,” Rachel said as she stepped back into the bathroom

Amanda sat down on the couch and looked around. "Wow, this is a really nice apartment you guys have."

"Thank you. My godfather got it for us."

"Really? That was nice of him. I wish someone could buy my apartment. The rent is hell."

"I'm sorry," Kristin said, feeling suddenly guilty.

"No, it's okay. A.J.'s been helping me. It's cool."

Just then, Rachel came into the living room. "Okay, I'm ready to go."

"Great, let's go," Amanda said as she fished out her keys from her purse.

The girls walked out to the parking to a silver Mercedes. Rachel got in the back and Kristin got in the front.

"Wow, this is a phat car!" Kristin exclaimed.

"Thanks, I like it too."

"Did A.J. buy it for you?" Kristin asked.

“Kristin!” Rachel exclaimed. “Don’t mind her she’s a little rude sometimes.”

"No, it’s fine. The answer is no. I don't need my man to buy a car like this for me. I got this with my hard earned money."

"That's cool," said Kristin.

"So, what movies are playing?" Rachel asked while fixing her hair.

"Well, we got Dr. Doolittle at 7:00, There's Something About Mary at 7:10, or Saving Private Ryan at 7:15. Which one do you want to see?"

"How about There's Something About Mary?" Kristin suggested.

"Sounds good to me," said Amanda. "What about you, Rachel?"

"There's Something About Mary sounds good to me."

"Cool," said Amanda as she stopped at the stop light. She turned on the radio and 'I'll Never Break Your Heart' was playing. "Ooh, that's my man singing," Amanda said with a proud smile.

She started singing along and so did Kristin. Rachel sat in the back with her mouth closed.
Kristin turned around and smiled while singing along with the song.

"Come on, Rachel, sing." Amanda said.

"No, that's okay. You guys go ahead and sing."

"There's a rule that I have. When in my car, you do as I say," Amanda said with a laugh.

“Rachel never sings in front of anyone except. She’s a little shy,” Kristin explained.

Amanda smiled. “Hang around me long enough and you’ll break out of that shell.”

Kristin snickered. “Good luck with that one. I’ve been trying for years.”

The song ended and the girls pulled into the parking lot of the theater. The girls bought their tickets snacks and went to theater number six.

"Where do you guys want to sit?" Amanda asked.

"I don't really care," said Rachel.

"What about you, Kristin?" Amanda asked.

"I like to sit somewhere in the middle."

"Okay, let's sit over here then," Amanda said as she led Kristin and Rachel to a row. "Is this okay?"

"Yeah, this is fine," said Kristin.

The girls made themselves comfortable in their seats and watched the movie. They laughed at all the funny parts, but they kept hearing loud laughter coming from behind them. Kristin turned around and rolled her eyes.

"Why do people find it necessary to laugh obnoxiously while watching a movie in the theatre?“ Kristin said as she turned back around.

"Just ignore them and enjoy the rest of the movie," said Amanda.

"I'll try," Kristin said as she opened the box of chocolates that she had.

When the movie had ended, they followed Amanda to the restroom. Amanda was looking through her purse for her lip gloss while talking about the movie.

“So, what did you guys think? I found the movie really hilarious.”

“I did too,” Rachel said. “I love comedies.”

“Same here,” Amanda said as she pulled out her lip gloss. “Ah, found it!” She looked up and noticed a slender, brunette girl at the mirror applying lipstick.

"Nikki?" Amanda said and she moved closer to her.

"Hey, Amanda! How are you?" the girl asked.

"I'm great!" Amanda said as she hugged her. “I tried to call you earlier. What happened?“

“I was outside getting a tan,“ she said with a smile.

“Of course,“ Amanda said with a smile. She turned around and saw that Rachel and Kristin had curious looks on their faces. "Rachel, Kristin this is Nikki. She's Howie's best friend and also a good friend of mine."

"Hi," Kristin said.

"Hi," Nikki said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you," said Rachel

"Same to you. So, you two are the ones who are joining Amanda and I to the concert on Thursday night."

"You're coming too?" Kristin asked.

"Yeah, I never miss a chance to see the guys perform."

"Cool," said Kristin with a smile.

"So, Nikki, who are you here with?" Amanda asked as she started fixing her hair.

“I’m here with the guys,” she said as she pulled her hair back in a pony tail. “We all decided to see a movie.”

Amanda stopped combing her hair and stared at Nikki through the mirror. "Is A.J. here with you?”

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

Amanda shoved her comb back into her purse. "Are they outside?"

"Yeah, they're waiting for me."

"I‘m going to kill him," Amanda said as she stormed out the door.

Kristin, Rachel, and Nikki followed her. Amanda stomped over to A.J. and tapped him on the shoulder. A.J. turned around and smiled at Amanda.

"Hey, babe," he said with a big smile.

"I can't believe you!" she shouted.

"What--"

"You fucking lied to me! You told me you were going to be at the studio tonight."

"Well, we finished early," A.J. said softly.

"Why didn't you call me?"

"I did, but you weren't home."

"There‘s other ways of getting a hold of me, you know. There‘s an amazing invention called the cell phone!"

"I didn’t think about it!“ A.J. said in a between his teeth.

"Don't you get pissy with me!" she snapped back.

"Then don't yell at me!"

Amanda groaned. "I am so sick and tired of your little games. Don't bother talking to me because I'm through with you!" Amanda pushed him out of the way and she stormed off to her car.

Kevin stood there in confusion. "What just happened here?"

"You know, I don't know and I don't care," A.J. said as he walked toward the door.

"A.J., where are you going?" Howie asked.

"Home!" shouted A.J.

"You don't have a car," Kevin commented.

"Then I'll walk!" A.J. said as he walked out the door.

Howie started to go after him, but Kevin stopped him. "Let him go. He needs time to cool off."

Kevin looked over at Kristin and Rachel. "Hey, aren't you two the girls A.J. and I met at the club?"

"Yeah," said Kristin.

"I know this isn't the best time, but guys this is Kristin and Rachel.

"They're the girls we told you about." The guys all waved. “I’m sure you already know Brian and Howie, and you remember Nick.”

Kristin and Rachel shyly nodded. She glanced over at Nick and he was staring directly at her. She immediately felt herself grow really shy. Howie shook Rachel and Kristin's hands.

"Amanda told me about you two. She said you two were really cool. She also told me a few other things, if you know what I mean," he said with a wink.

"Howie, can you drop me off at Amanda's place? I want to make sure she's okay," Nikki said.

"Yeah, sure. We'll see you guys later. Nice to meet you," he said to Kristin and Rachel.

"See you guys Thursday night," Nikki said as she headed out the door with Howie.

Nick, Kristin, Kevin, Rachel, and Brian stood awkwardly in the theatre lobby. There was a long silence and then Kevin broke it by clearing his throat.

"Well, I'm gonna go on home now. I'll see you guys later." Kevin waved good-bye and left the theater.

Kristin stood there bewildered. "Great, now how are we supposed to get home?"

"You can ride with Nick and me. Right Nick?" Brian said as he nudged Nick in the ribs.

Nick was still staring at Kristin. "Huh? Oh...yeah...sure we'll take you two home," Nick said while rubbing his side.

"Don't mind him. He gets a little weird sometimes," Brian said with a smile. Brian offered his arm to Rachel. "Right this way, my lady." Rachel blushed and shyly linked her arm in his.

Nick followed closely behind Brian and Kristin walked beside him. Brian opened the passenger door to his jeep and let Rachel in. Nick and Kristin got in the back. Brian got in the driver's seat and turned the ignition on.

"Where to?" he asked Rachel.

"Kelly Greens apartment complex," she said shyly.

"Alrighty then," Brian said in his goofy Jim Carey voice then pulled out of the parking lot.