- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
For those curious readers. There will be more on Kevin and Howie very soon.
Photobucket



A.J. pulled into the parking lot of the studio. He grabbed his sunglasses and put them on before getting out of the car. He walked across the parking lot and noticed Brian, Nick, and Kevin walking a few feet ahead of him.

"Hey, guys!" A.J. called as he jogged in their direction. "Wait for me."

"Where did you go?" Kevin asked.

"I stopped at McDonald's and then Amanda and I stopped by Kristin and Rachel's place. Then I took Amanda home, and then. . ."

"Okay, I don't need to know anymore," Brian joked.

Kevin laughed at Brian's comment. "So, you guys made up?" he asked.

"Yeah, what can I say? We love each other."

Kevin opened the door. "That's great, Bone. I only wish I could find someone to have a relationship with like that."

Brian patted Kevin on the back. "Don't worry, you'll find someone sooner or later."

"I hope so," Kevin said.
The guys walked down the hall and walked to their studio. Howie was sitting in a chair talking to Johnny Wright.

"Are you guys ready?" Johnny asked.

"This is as ready as we're gonna get," Kevin said as he sat on the couch.

After hours of recording, they were given permission to take a break. Nick went to the water fountain to refill his water bottle. A.J. followed him and linked his arm in his.

"Come with me. We need to talk," A.J. said.

"What about?"

"I heard that you didn't talk to Kristin last night."

Nick looked down at his water bottle. "Yeah, so," he said with a cocky smirk.

"You think she's cute, don't you?"

"Nah, man, it‘s not like that."

"Nick, I know you. I know the only time you're shy is when you get around a cute girl. Not just any cute girl, but a cute girl who isn‘t easy to get into bed."

Nick looked at him for a moment then finally surrendered with a nod. "Okay, so I think she's cute, big deal."

"So, why don't you ask her out?"

"Because she‘s a little too smart for me," Nick said, looking down at his feet.

“Oh, that’s the lamest excuse I’ve ever heard,” A.J. said with a scoff.

“Well, it’s true.”

A.J. shook his head and put his hand on Nick‘s shoulder. "Look, all I know is that Kristin thinks you don't like her and that's why you didn't talk to her."

Nick looked at A.J. in surprise. "She really thinks that?"

"Yes."

"Well, that's not true. I think she's really pretty."

"Then ask her out." Nick looked at him in bewilderment. "Trust me on this one, Frack."

"What if she says no."

A.J. laughed. "Nick, she won't say no." He patted Nick on the back and started to walk away.

"Wait!" said Nick. "Do you know where I can get her number?"

A.J. smiled. "Stick around after we record and I'll get her number from Amanda."

"Alright," said Nick said with an unsure nod.

“Let’s get back in there before Kevin comes after us,” A.J. said as he led Nick back into the studio.

A.J. watched Nick for the rest of the day. He could tell he was anxious to get that number. His mind wasn’t with the recording to say the least.

“Nick, focus,“ Kevin said in frustration.

“Sorry,“ he muttered.

“I think we should call it a day,“ Johnny said. “Come back tomorrow at the same time.“

“You got it,“ Kevin said then looked at Nick. “Bring your head with you tomorrow,“ he said then left the studio.

Nick grumbled to himself as he put his headphones away and stepped up to A.J.

“I hate it when he does that.“

“Never mind him,“ A.J. said. “You have other things to worry about. Are you ready?“

“Yeah, I guess.“

A.J. pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and dialed Amanda's number. A smile spread across his face as he heard her voice.

“Hello?”

“Hey, sexy, whatcha wearin’? he teased.

“Wouldn’t you like to know,” she replied coyly.

A.J. cleared his throat and resisted the temptation to continue with that conversation.

“Listen, I need a favor.”

“A blow job?” she joked.

“Stop,” A.J. said with a laugh. “I’m being serious.”

“Ooh, then go on Mr. McLean.”

"I need you to give me Kristin's number."

He glanced at Nick who was sitting beside him, leaning in to hear her half of the conversation. A.J. pushed him out of the way and took a pen from the desk.

“Why do you need Kristin’s number?“ she asked.

"Nick's gonna call Kristin.”

“Oh, really, now?“ she said with a giggle.

A.J. grinned and clicked the pen. “I’m ready when you are.“

“Okay, her number is (407) - 569 - 9932, got it?“

“Got it,“ A.J. said as he wrote it down. I’ve gotta go, but I’ll see you tonight, okay, baby?“

“Okay I'll see you tonight, love you."

“Love you too,“ he said then up the phone.

A.J. turned and grinned at Nick. He waved the piece of paper with in front of Nick's face.

"It's now or never, dude."

Nick swallowed hard and took the number from A..J's hand. He stared at it for a moment and then looked back at A.J.

"I don't know if I can do this."

"Yes, you can. Stop being a pussy and call her."

"You aren't going to leave me alone until I call her, are you?"

"Precisely, so you better get to crackin'."

"Right now?"

A.J. picked up the phone and shoved it at Nick. "Call her!"

"Fine, I'll call her," he said while dialing the number. "This better be worth it."

"Trust me...it will," A.J. said with a smile.