- Text Size +

Chapter 11

 

 "Where are they?" Alicia asked, getting frustrated. The others shrugged and continued to talk among themselves. Alicia wrapped her arms around her legs and rocked back and forth staring off into space. Suddenly Frankie popped in right beside her. She screamed and moved away quickly, jumping over the couch. The others stopped talking and stared at him for a few seconds. Frankie breathed hard and gently placed Kaci on the floor. Dozens of eyes landed on the corpse on the floor, their mouths hanging open.

 "Frankie? Whaty what is--wha-wha-wha-wha-what is-whaty what what???" Stevie stammered out, pointing down at the corpse on the floor.

"It's Kaci." Frankie said in a short breath.

"We know that! What are you doing with her?" Stevie snapped. Amanda got up and pushed Stevie back down on the couch.

"Stevie, cool it.” Amanda told him. She turned toward Frankie, resting her hands on her hips, “Frankie, I don't think you understood Jesse when he said to investigate. Not bring back the dead body of Kaci Brown. You’re lucky he's not up here right now." Amanda told him.

 Frankie shrugged, "What if he was, Amanda? What's he going to do, cry corpse? He is one. And if you ask me, that boy needs to take a chill pill, maybe a hundred. I'm afraid one of these days he's going to have seizer over nothing." Frankie said, gently lifting Kaci’s head, and placing it in his lap.

"Yeah, but Stevie, I wouldn't blame him. I mean think about it. We’re dead. We can't just go out anytime we want to. We have to be careful; otherwise were in our graves…..... again." Alicia pointed out.

"She's right Frankie." Allison added quietly.

Frankie rolled his eyes, "Look I know that. And we were careful. No one saw us. Jesse just needs to back off and lose the damn attitude. It's pissing me off."

" Just be extra careful." Amanda said to him and then looked at everyone else, "All of us."

 " Agreed."

 "Hold on for a second. “Alicia suddenly said, “Where's Aaron?" Alicia said, getting the attention to everyone else. Frankie made an 'O' shape with his lips and looked around.

 “Frankie, didn't Aaron go with you?" Chris piped up from the chair sitting in the far west corner of the room.

Frankie nodded, "Yeah he went with me. He stayed behind though."

"Why?" Allison asked her wide eyes.

 “Well, we kind of had to get out of there in a hurry. And I didn't have time to grab him when I blinked out. He'll be here, don't worry."

 "Tell that to Jesse. What are you doing with Kaci anyway?" Amanda kneeled down beside Kaci and examined her. She made a face and sat back, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"Well, I had this idea that------" Frankie was cut off, when Jesse’s voice rang through the air.

 "Hey, anybody want some coffee----WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" Jesse yelled, pointed down at the corpse. Everyone groaned and rolled their eyes. Mr. Crabby just entered the building, "Hey!! Is anybody going to answer me? What is that?! Who is that?!” He continued to rant on and on and pointing at the corpse in a mad rage.

Alicia quickly got up and ran over to him, trying her best to calm him down. "Jesse? Honey? Jesse, calm down!" He continued to yell and rant, "Baby, please!” Alicia turned toward everyone else, her eyes pleaded for them to help her. No one moved. No of them wanted to mess with Jesse,” Jesse, it's okay! It's okay, baby! JESSE?!" Alicia yelled, connecting her hand against his cheek. Jesse suddenly stopped ranting and looked at Alicia with wide eyes, blinking several times.

"Did you just slap me??" He looked at her with a look of dismay on his face. Alicia gently grabbed his face, running her hand gently across it.

 “Geez, have an aneurism why don’t ya.” Stevie said quietly from the couch. Amanda reached up and smacked him the leg. Stevie jerked and glared at her.

"I’m sorry I hit you baby. It's the only way for you to calm down. Just listen and be calm about it. Frankie has an idea." She said giving him a quick kiss on the lips. Jesse took a deep breath and looked at Frankie.

"Okay.” Jesse nodded, walking over to the couch. Stevie scooted over so Jesse and Alicia can sit down, “Frankie? Why is Kaci Brown on my floor?" Jesse frowned and looked around him, "And where the hell is Aaron?"

"Just forget about Aaron right now, baby. Frankie will explain the entire thing. Go on Frankie." Alicia nodded toward him.

Frankie sighed and cleared his throat, "Okay, when me and Aaron went over there, I wasn't planning on doing this, but an idea just came to me all of a sudden. Since Aaron can shape shift and possess I had him sneak into the Coroners van to get Kaci, while I was in the house looking around, just like you told me too Jess." Jesse nodded, urging him to go on, "Anyway, Aaron possessed Kaci and brought her into the house, where I was waiting for him."

 "Wait...." Allison said stopping him for a second, "When Aaron possessed Kaci, how in the hell did he get passed all those people? Someone must've seen a dead Kaci Brown walking on those two legs of hers, after she was dead." Allison pointed out. All eyes turned toward Frankie.

 "Now that is the question I am going to be asking Aaron, later on. With him, God knows how he did it, but with Aaron's brain, he figured it out.”

Stevie snorted, “Aaron’s brain??”

“Hey, Aaron can be smart when he wants to be. And does anyone else of something to say so I can finish here?”

Everyone shook their head.

“Thank you. Anyway, he brought her in. He kind of scared me for a minute there. When he got out of her body he looked around with me. I found something, that wasn't really connected to Kaci, but connected to us. And I'll show that to you later on, Jess.” Frankie told him. Jesse nodded. “Um....me and Aaron sat down on the couch and talked for awhile. We talked about Alexa and how he says he thinks she never died. And lately I've been getting a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, that he’s right. That's why she's not even here. I'm guessing someone had heard us talking, because they came in to check it out. I didn't have time to grab Aaron, because he was kind of out of reach. So I grabbed Kaci instead and blinked out of there and left Aaron behind. That's where he is, Jesse. He's back at Kaci's, or he could be on his way here, I don't know. To be honest I don't know if he got caught or he got away. Now the point I’m trying to make, the real reason why I got Kaci was because…. I thought of you… Alicia." Frankie said his eyes slamming up at Alicia.

She rested her arms down by her side and looked at him. "You did?"

Frankie nodded, "Yeah. Do you remember yesterday when you found out you that you had a power and you touched that flower and it came back to full life?" "

Yeah, I remember."

 " Well......do you think it will work on a human?" He asked nervously.

"Uh.....I don't know. I can try." She got up and kneeled down next to Kaci.

 "Try it baby, it could work." Jesse told her. Alicia glanced up at him. She swallowed hard and rubbed her hands on her pants.

"See I was thinking if you can revive her, maybe she'll know who killed her." He told Alicia. She licked her lips and looked at him, nervously.

" I-I don't know if I can."

 "Just touch her." Frankie told her calmly. Alicia sighed and slipped her hand in Kaci's. Nothing happened. Alicia shrugged feeling like a failure.

 "It’s okay, Licia. Just focus...." Frankie whispered.

 "Come on, honey....." Alicia took a deep breath and hoisted Kaci up into a sitting position. She let Kaci’s body rest up against hers. Alicia brought her arms around Kaci's waist. She placed her fists up against her chest and pressed down, putting pressure against her heart. For awhile nothing happened, but Alicia didn't let her go, not even a little. Just then a bright white glow formed out of Alicia's hands and covered Kaci's entire body. Then Kaci’s body started to shake uncontrollably.

 "Oh!" Alicia tried to get a good grip on her, but failed. She slipped out of her hands and jumped all around, like she was having a fit of seizers.

"What's happening to her?" Amanda said frightened. Everyone stood up and circled Kaci. "I don't know." Alicia answered, starting to feel panicky. Then Kaci was still. The group stared at her, their eyes wide and their breathing seized. They waited. Suddenly, Kaci’s Fingers started to jerk up and down and hard, raspy breathing came. The group finally started to breathe again and they broke into applause.

"Lindsay come heal her face. Hurry!" Jesse said, reaching for Lindsay. Lindsay ran over to her and healed her. Kaci gasped loudly and quickly sat up. She breathed hard and looked around, her eyes growing wider and wider.

 "What's going on? Where am I?" Kaci said, looking into the familiar faces she recognized.

"Holy shit, it worked." Alicia said in shock. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she fainted.