- Text Size +
 

"Can't we take a break?" nick whined, "We've been doing this all day!"

"We have to finish rehearsals, Nick, or management will be pissed.  You know that," Kevin replied.

"But I'm so tired!" Nick continued to whine.

"That's your own damn fault man.  You shouldn't have stayed up all night playing video games," AJ retorted.

Nick rolled his eyes and yawned.  He spent the next twenty minutes pouting and whining about how tired and hungry he was and begging to be done.

"We're almost done Nick.  You'll live," the stage manager said, "Kevin, let's do your solo."

Kevin nodded and went over to the piano that had recently been rolled onto the stage.  He sat down on the bench and got himself prepared.

"You guys can take a seat in the audience until we need you," the stage manager instructed, "Except Nick."

"What?!?" Nick cried, "Why not?"

"We don't need you falling asleep down there before we get to your solo."

"Yeah, you're like hell to wake up!" Brian laughed.

"Nick glared at him grumpily, "Am not!"

The Boys all laughed at his childishness and Nick glared some more.

"Why can't we do mine first then?"

"That's not the right order," the stage manager answered.

"So?"

"My piano is already out here.  Besides, the more you argue the longer this takes."

"Yeah!" AJ taunted as he got comfortable in one of the seats in the audience.

Nick threw his half-empty water bottle at AJ, hitting the seat in front of AJ.

"Whatever," he grumbled.

Kevin began playing, getting really into his solo.  Nick clomped over to Kevin and the piano and slumped onto the bench, leaning on Kevin.  Ever so slowly, Nick's head began to fall back to rest on Kevin's shoulder and his mouth hung slightly ajar.

A few minutes later Howie turned to the other Boys, "What's that?"

"I think that's Nick!" Brian began to laugh hysterically, "He's snoring!"

"We have to get a picture of that!  That boy can fall asleep anywhere and he doesn't believe it!" AJ said, hoping someone would have a camera handy.

"Done!" a band member called out triumphantly.

Kevin stopped singing as his song was over and he nudged the sleeping Nick with his shoulder.  Nothing happened.  Nick kept sleeping.  Kevin then stood up, letting Nick fall backwards onto the piano bench.

"What the-" Nick grumbled as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Everything okay up there?" the stage manager came back out to the stage.

"What did you guys do to me?" Nick asked.

"You fell asleep doofus," Kevin laughed.

"Snoring and all," Brian added.

"Did not!"

"Told you we needed a picture," AJ said and turned to Nick, "You totally fell asleep man.  We got the picture to prove it!"