- Text Size +
                           Chapter 1      

            He stood at the entrance to the boys’ dormitory, his eyes looking at the scenery from behind his dark sunglasses. Taking a deep breath he looked up at the schools marquee ‘Pepe Bronce School of the Arts’ he had been waiting his whole life to get in and he finally had the chance.  Picking up his duffel bag he pushed open the door to a hallway full of excited teenagers and college freshman. He could hear the sounds of different musical instruments as well as singing voices. Passing a room he noticed a pair of art students full of paint just flinging the bodies at a blank canvas making it colorful and bright with life.

 

            He began to wonder if he would fit in with everyone here. He wasn’t much of a social person at his old school and he only hoped that a change of scenery and a bit of being able to express himself could help him be more open. Looking down at the piece of paper he had in his hand he read the number of his dorm room ‘243’. Making his way through the crowded hallway he smiled to himself as he opened the door to his room. He noticed half of it was already decorated and wondered who his roommate might be.  Making his way to the empty bed he put his bag on top and started to unpack. He only hoped that his first day of class would help him feel at home.

  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            Howard Dorough stood outside the girls’ dorms waiting for his girlfriend Jackie to come out. He knew Jackie Rivera since 9th grade at the PB School and they grew closer and closer over the years. It wasn’t until the school last dance recital that Howard got the courage to kiss Jackie and ask her to be his girlfriend.  It was going to be the best school semester ever. He smiled when he saw Jackie  walking out the door followed by her Roommate and Best Friend Vanessa Acosta. 

 

“Hey D!” Vanessa said as she hugged him “How was Puerto Rico?”

 

“It was good but not the same since I missed my girl” He said as he pulled Jackie into a long slow kiss.

 

“Oh, Ewww! Hello single person present please not in front of the single person” Vanessa said as she covered her eyes playfully.

 

“Ha ha ha very funny Vane (Vah- neh)” Jackie said as she held Howie’s hand in hers. 

 

“Yeah well you guys have fun I need to go talk to Pepe about the dance studio he’s opening up outside of school” Vanessa said as she walked off towards the office buildings.

 

            Howie and Jackie spent the rest of their time talking about their vacation and catching up on valuable make out time.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            Nick Carter sighed as he looked at his blank canvas it was hard to paint when he wasn’t inspired. Groaning in frustration he took one of his brushes and just splattered the dark blue paint that was on it making it splatter all over the canvas. Not paying attention to it he walked away and decided to clear his head with a walk around the schools pond. It was good to be back at PBSA and he missed it greatly. He knew his room mate and Best Friend Brian Littrell was due back today from visiting his family. He only hoped that Brian would help lighten his mood. Walking around the pond he chuckled seeing Jackie and Howie making out under the oak tree.  Not wanting to interrupt them he walked around and noticed Vanessa coming out of the Office building.

 

“Hey V!” Nick called out as he jogged towards her.

 

“Hey Nickers, Did you have a good Vacation?” She asked as she hugged him tightly.

 

“Yeah it was good I basically stayed on campus cuz my family decided to leave without me” Nick said angrily

 

“Aww Nicky why didn’t you tell me you could have come with me” She said as they walked together towards the cafeteria.  

 

“Nah its ok, I just can’t wait till classes start” He said.

 

“Yeah that means I have to go back to not eating anything at all” Vanessa said.

 

“What the heck are you talking about? You are practically skin and bones you need to eat something” Nick said.

 

“Ok Nick you win” Vanessa said as she grabbed a chicken sandwich with a bottle of water. She looked around the room and noticed an unfamiliar face in the crowd “hey nick lets go” She said as she walked to the new face with sunglasses.

 

“Ok where are we…..” He stopped mid sentence as they reached the new student.

 

“Hi I’m Vanessa and this is Nick you must be new here” She said and smiled warmly to him.

 

“Uh, Yeah I’m Alex McLean” He said and motioned for them to sit.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            Anitha Bertot finished unpacking her things and headed out of her dorm room. It felt good to be back and she only hoped that her best friend would comeback as well. She had it all planed for this year she was going to finally tell him how she felt. Taking up a small jog she headed towards their meeting place at the bridge that leads across the pond. She smiled seeing him there.

 

“Hey Cena”   She said and hugged him tightly.

 

“Hey Ani!” He said as he lifted her up as he hugged her.

 

            Jonathan Cena looked at his best friend and turned his face so that she wouldn’t see him blush. Being in the dance program was not an easy thing for him but he pressed on and became one of the best. Ani was his first friend and from there he became friends with her friends and made his own with the boys. John looked at Ani and smiled at her.

 

“So how was your vacation?”  John asked her as he leaned against the railing of the bridge.

 

“It was good we just got back from Spain yesterday” She said and smiled

 

“Awesome, hey have you seen anyone yet?” He asked.

 

“Nope not yet, we’ll probably get to see them in a few minutes or so since we have our traditional oak tree meeting” Ani said as she looked across the lake to see Howie and Jackie leaning against the Oak tree in a tight embrace.

 

“Its about time those two got together huh?” John said trying to continue the talk and steer it away from awkward silence.

 

“Yeah it is I’m very happy for Jackie she deserves to be happy and Howie is a very sweet guy” she said and slowly got closer to him.

 

“Yeah well lets head on over to the oak tree” John said as he took her hand and lead her to the Oak tree.