- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Review, Review, Review! please Review!

Chapter 2 

                Vanessa and Nick where engaged in a very interesting conversation.  Alex was feeling very at home with the two new friends and he only hoped that meeting his roommate would be good.

“Ok, so you have to watch out for Vivian she is our co-ed ballet teacher and she is off her rocker” Vanessa said.

“Good thing I don’t have to worry about that” Nick said as he laughed.

“You guys are nuts well I have to get to my dorm room and finish unpacking my stuff, I still haven’t met my roommate yet” Alex said as he kissed Vanessa’s cheek and gave nick a high five.  “I’ll catch you guys later” Alex said as he put his tray away and walked towards the dorms.

Vanessa sighed as she looked at Nick “Come on Mr. Artist we have a meeting to get to” She said as she dragged Nick away from his unfinished dessert.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Outside, Howie, Jackie, Anitha, John, Gloria, Christy, Brian, Kevin, Leighanne, and Kristin all waited for Vanessa and Nick to arrive. They all cheered as the Duo appeared and laughed when Nick carried Vanessa over his shoulder and jogged to the oak tree.  Greetings and hugs were exchanged between the group of friends before they sat down under the shade.

“Alrighty then let’s get down to it, as we all know this will be Kevin and Kristins last year at PBSA” Howie said as everyone awed but cheered for their friends graduation after the semester is over.  “So there will be a very well deserved Celebration party” Howie said as the group cheered even louder.

“On to new business, we need to know room assignments to figure out who’s with who this year” Vanessa said “Obviously I’m rooming with Jackie next door to Christy and Gloria, Who are Next door to Anisbell and Anitha , and now for the boys” Vanessa said as she looked  at Howie.

“Well, Nick and Brian are Rooming together like always, Kevin and John are Roommates and as for myself my roommate is some guy named Alex Mclean” Howie said

“Oh he’s cool nick and I met him in the cafeteria, he’s really shy we have to see how good he is at dancing, he transferred here from West Palm Beach” Vanessa said as she got the dreamy look in her eyes where she was nudged by Anitha who pointed to A boy Alex’s description walking around the pond.

“Would that be him?” Anitha said as she pointed to Alex who was leaning against the banister of the bridge.

“Yeah that’s him” Vanessa said and smiled.

“Alright you guys I say we let his dancing speak for itself before we invite him to our group, let him get a feel of PBSA before we bombard him”  Kevin said as he watched as the Campus began to fill with students settling in.

“Yeah besides Anisbell should be here soon” Anitha said as she pushed John away from her because he was playing with her pigtails.

“Oh, Girls we need to do something just us this weekend maybe see a movie or go shopping” Christy said as she leaned against the trunk of the tree.

“Ok so then us guys will do something too” Brian said in a fake Arnold Schwarzenegger voice making everyone laugh.

                Keeping up with their silliness Alex watched the group of friends and felt a bit at home with crazy people like him. He only hoped that they liked him enough to welcome him with open arms. He smiled when he saw Vanessa smile; he felt that her smile just made his heart jump. Shaking his head he knew it would be impossible they didn’t know each other and the last relationship he was in ended up with a bad heart ache and he didn’t want that for either of them.  Getting his thoughts back on track in planning his schedule he began walking back to his dorm and finish making his side of the room home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

                 After the meeting Nick decided to walk around on his own to see if he would find the inspiration for his art. He sighed in frustration, before the New Year and semester had started his inspiration was anger that his family would leave him out of the vacation. He just didn’t care anymore about it and he wondered what would happen this semester as the classes would start up on the 16th he was still 3 weeks away from making sure he kept his reputation intact.

 

                Why was it so hard for him to find someone like everyone else, he could tell Vanessa really liked that Alex guy but then again, she was always nice. He knew Vanessa suffered with all the relationships going on around them hell Christy had a baseball player fiancé Geraldo who was in PBSA for acting and was in the community baseball team. Gloria had a firefighter boyfriend Albert who she met when there was an accidental fire in the freshman dorms.  Nick just knew that John would ask Anitha out any day or even by the end of the year if he had the guts. Then there was Anisbell, sweet nice and a great dancer, and she was beautiful. Who was he kidding she wouldn’t give him the time of day even if he asked.

                Taking a deep breath he decided to go back to his dorm to see if Brian unpacked his things.  Walking in to the room he noticed Brian put up the basketball hoop and smiled.

“You know I will so kick your but” Nick said as he grabbed the basketball from brains hand and dunked it.

“We’ll see about that” Brian said as they started to play a nice one on one game of basketball.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alex was finally settled in his bed when the room to the dorm was opened. He sat up to see that his roommate or at least the person he thinks is his roommate came in.

“Hi I’m Howie sorry I wasn’t here to greet you earlier but I was out with my girlfriend” he said as he put his hand out for Alex to shake.

“Nice to finally meet you I’m Alex and don’t worry I was out looking around the campus” He said and shook Howies hand.

“So how do you like it here so far?” Howie asked.

“It’s ok everyone is nice, and there’s two weeks till orientation so  I guess I have time to check out the dance floors and keep on rehearsing or just stay in shape” Alex said with a nervous laugh.

“Yeah, but you know we could use another set of hands to help us with the dance studio if you’re interested” Howie said.

“Ok I guess I can think about it, I just feel like I’m invading” Alex said and chuckled.

“Nah! You’ll be fine once everyone gets to know you, Besides you’re a junior like the rest of us, except for Kevin and his Girlfriend Kristen, they graduate after this semester” Howie said as he sat on his bed and laid back.

                The two continued to talk and get to know each other in the comfort of their dorm room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

                Inside her dorm room with Jackie, Vanessa had final finished putting all her clothes in an orderly fashion on her dresser.  She was excited about the new semester starting up and about teaching at the dance studio. The Studio was for girls and boys who were too young or who needed to sharpen their techniques to get into the arts school.  Taking a deep breath she lay back in her bed and stared up at the ceiling. Her thoughts kept drifting to Alex and his smile. Shaking the thoughts out of her head she chuckled.

“Who am I kidding? He most definitely will go for someone who’s a way better dancer then I am” she said to herself.

                The day was over and a new day would soon begin hopefully with a lot more excitement then today.