- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
had this chapter written up wasn't sure if i should post it but decided it was high time i did. though from now on will give each character their own chapter. Please review and let me know what you think.
Chapter 3

It was close to Dinner time and Vanessa sat in the Students lounge listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers song “Snow (Hey Oh)”. With her Dance History book next to her and Her Dell XPS Laptop on her lap, she was taking down notes before the semester had even started. She made sure she would be able to read them as she typed up important people, dates and their significance in the dance world. Her glasses were almost falling off the bridge of her nose as she sighed and pushed them up continuing her studies. She took a minute to put the laptop down on the small lounge table and walk to the bar and order a coke to quench her thirst. She scowled looking at the empty lounge. Shaking her head she carefully made her way back to the couch where her things were and continued to ignore the nagging feeling of being with someone. She laughed to herself as she looked back through her years; she was always alone or just wanted to be the outsider. Looking to her nails as she typed, she made a mental note to fix the chipping black nail polish later.
Looking over all her notes she was surprised to see she had written up four pages worth of notes along with dates and outside source information. She looked up as the Music changed From the Chili Peppers to No Doubt’s “Just a Girl” and smiled to see Alex leaning against the juke box with Howie by his side as they watched her.
“I thought school didn’t start till…oh I don’t know…..three weeks from now?” Alex said as he gave her a sly smile.
“Yeah V! What’s this? I mean why didn’t you just hang out with Jackie?” Howie asked worried about his friend.
“Well, let’s see not only did I come to the lounge for good music so I could study since the library is boring I also came to just chill” She said not wanting to admit the fact that she was actually feeling lonely.
“Well do you mind if I join you?” Alex asked
Vanessa shook her head and patted the empty spot next to her as Alex walked up and sat down. She could smell his sweet cologne and tried not to melt like butter in front of him. She could feel her heart start to beat a little faster as they started to talk and get to know each other. Howard looked to Vanessa as if she was his sister and smiled when he could tell she liked Alex. Quietly Howie began to sneak off leaving the two to talk. He walked into the hallway of the girls’ dormitory and knocked on Vanessa and Jackie’s Door.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
John looked at the flyer in his hand, it read:

Attention Amateur Wrestlers
July 6, 2008 at the Graham Gym
Looking for wrestlers for a good show
Payment will be $100 per show if called back.
Please see Manager
Mr. Vince McMahon

John sighed as he walked towards the Graham Gym and knocked on the door. He could feel his palms get sweaty as he was lead to the office to meet Mr. McMahon. He watched as the wrestlers walked by him talking and cracking jokes, he only hoped he could fit in even if it was for a short time. John took of his hat and smoothed out his short military hair cut as he knocked on the office door.

“Come in” The voice said.

John opened the doo and walked in. As he closed the door behind him, His mind began to race with all kind of thoughts. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~Orientation~
It was finally here, Orientation day; the day where new students where finally settled in and we given a heads up on what to expect. It was the day that all returning students took as a day to look over scheduling and make sure they had everything once the classes would begin.

Vanessa sighed as she looked at her schedule,
“Damn it I have Vivian early morning. I hate having her early morning” she said as she placed her head on the table.
The girls all looked at their schedules and groaned they were all given the same fate. The evil Ballet Dictator Vivian Tobio would be their early morning torture. The boys laughed as they watched their dance majors groan at their bad luck. Then they looked at their own schedules and sighed.
“You guys are not going to believe this. We were given Micha for morning classes” Howie said referring to the all boy ballet class that was a part of the school curriculum.
Michael (Micha) Bravoski was the pas de deux teacher and the boy’s ballet teacher. Though the pas de deux classes where often split between Micha and Vivian the girls preferred Micha then Vivian.
“Try having Tobio for breakfast, I mean jeez, I would rather have Micha in the morning then dragon lady” Anitha said.
Alex walked out of the auditorium once orientation was over, His perspective of the school better then he imagined. He knew he was going to like it already. He felt that the staff was very knowledgeable of their craft and found the director to be tough but fair. He felt his stomach rumble as he walked with the crowd out of the auditorium. Looking around he walked to his dorm and into his room to find an envelope with his name on it. Opening it he realized it was his class schedule for the semester. He looked around the room and sighed, he hated being messy, nut sometimes life just got hectic. Before heading to the cafeteria Alex cleaned up his side of the room a bit and smiled at his work. With his stomach annoying him he finally closed the door to the dorm and headed to the cafeteria.
Walking into the cafeteria Alex drooled at the smell of rice, beans, mashed potatoes, chicken, spinach, and burgers. He was in Heaven as the aromas made him drool with hunger. He stood in line at the burger station and ordered a cheese burger with fries. He closed his eyes taking in the aroma of fresh food, he was glad to have been out of his father house, and able to eat a good diet of real food. Getting a bottle of water to drink he paid for his food and searched for a table, he jumped slightly when he heard his name being called by a group of people.
“Alex!” They said.
He smiled when he saw Vanessa and Howard waving at him followed by the rest of the group shuffling and making room for him. He walked to the table shyly and took the seat next to Vanessa.
“So, I just got out of orientation and I have to say this school is awesome!” He said and took a bite out of his burger.
“Yeah wait until classes start lol, oh man the dance department is fierce” Nick said as he ate his pasta.
“I see you got your schedule!” Vanessa said as she leaned over and looked at it.
“What’s his schedule like?” Kevin asked as he finished his rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes.
“I have the same schedule as Howie with one small difference, for one of my Humanities I’ll be taking an intro to social science class” He said.
“Oh cool I have that class” Vanessa said as she showed him her schedule.
“Cool I guess we can study for that class together” Alex said as he started to eat his food.
“We better get going this is our last free day before classes start tomorrow” Nick said.
“You guys go ahead we’ll catch up with you later” Vanessa said.
Alex looked at Vanessa and gave a soft inward smile. It felt nice to have a friend around. He never had any friends or girlfriends for that matter when he was living with his father. It was a good feeling having friends and someone to talk to. He only hoped that his mother would be proud of him for following his heart and dreams.