- Text Size +
When we walked onto the lavish plane that would be our home for the next three-something days, I knew it would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Not to mention I was glad that I brought my camera. When it comes to Brian, AJ, Howie and Nick, a camera on hand is always the best bet. They tease me about it, but I use the evidence as leverage when they piss me off. After all these years, they still underestimate the "Old Man" and it entertains me so when I get my revenge.

Anyway, when we got on the plane, the other four immediately began to make themselves at home. I was taking random pictures and videos when I began to hear bickering. I rolled my eyes and continued to relax, knowing that Howie was back there and would calm things down. He always does.

"No way! Why the Hell do you get it?!"

"Because I'm older!"

"I should get it because I'm younger!"

"Bullshit, Nick!"

"Horse shit on top of your bullshit!"

"If anyone is getting it... it's me!"

"HELL NO!"

"Oh, for crying out loud," I grumbled, turning off my camera and setting it down on the table. The farther I walked down the plane, the louder the arguing became and sure enough, Howie was a part of it. I finally reach the back bedroom and I see a familiar sight. AJ holding Nick in a headlock with Brian hanging on his back and Howie trying to pull him off. It's a wonder I don't have gray hairs. Yet. "What is going on here?"

"AJ thinks he's getting the bed!" Nick grunted under AJ's arms.

"Because I am!"

"No you're not!" Brian contradicted as he kicked Howie away with a bare foot, who then fell backwards into me and we tumbled into a heap on the floor. I smacked my head on the dresser and stars came before my eyes. I tried counting down from ten but the throbbing pain took over and I snapped. It was not a good start for a stressful and draining trip.

"ENOUGH! NO ONE is going to sleep back here!"

"But Kev--"

"It's a bed! It's not worth fighting over!"

"But--"

"AJ, let go of Nick. Brian, get off AJ. Howie... get off me!" I grunted. Soon everyone was standing on their own two feet, looking ashamed. "Guys, I know this isn't like being on our tour bus. It's a lot nicer and something we're not used to. But we're here making history. No other band has done this kind of world tour. We've got to make the most of it and fighting over a bed is ridiculous."

"You're right, Kev."

"Okay..."

"Fine."

"Yeah."

"Good. Now come back towards the front, it's time to do some interviews and the fans who won the radio contest should be getting our attention as well." I led them back towards the front of the plane, and the bed wasn't mentioned the whole day.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Psst, Brian. Brian. Brian!" I whispered loudly, nudging Brian in the ribs. After the bed fiasco, none of us even thought about going to the back of the plane with Kevin on his warpath.

"Ow. What, Nick?" Brian groaned, peeking his eyes open.

"Look," I nodded across the plane to another couch, where Kevin was fast asleep. It could be our chance to escape! Brian and I could have that bad-ass bed all to ourselves.

"Yeah?"

"Dude, we could go back and sleep in the bed!" Hearing this caused Brian to wake up further and I grinned as he glanced at his snoring cousin and then back at me. "C'mon, Frick. Live for once!"

"If we get caught, I'm blaming you."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. C'mon!" I carefully stood up and tip-toed towards the back of the plane with Brian right behind me. It was the perfect plan--

*CRASH*

"Fuck!" My toe! My beautiful toe! Who the Hell turned off the Star Trek doors?! Grasping my foot, I gritted my teeth as Brian rolled on the floor giggling and I tried kicking him in the side.

*CRASH*

Who knew you couldn't hold onto one foot and kick with the other? I didn't! Now my ass was broken along with my toe, which made Brian laugh even harder as I slammed a fist into his shoulder.

"You're going to blow our cover, dumbass!"

"You already d-did it with your g-gracef-ful coordina-nation!" Brian stammered, tears falling down his face.

"What the Hell are you two doing?"

Oh shit. Our cover is blown.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I rolled my eyes as I watched the two blonds try and escape towards the bed that was destined to be mine. Well, mine and Howie's, as he was standing beside me giggling like a fool. Sometimes I wonder who is really the mature one of this group.

"Nothing. What are you two doing?" Nick tried to put on his innocent act that many fell for. But I didn't. I knew it was all bullshit.

"Making sure you two don't get the bed."

"So you turned off the doors?!"

"Duh."

"You broke my toe! And Brian broke my ass! What will the fans say?"

"That you're an idiot for trying to kick someone while holding one foot?" This set off Brian and Howie into another fit of giggles, which was quickly stopped with a swift slap and kick. "Shut up!"

"Enough with the violence!" Brian yelped, standing up and rubbing his side.

"Then stop giggling like idiots. I have a plan."


~*~*~*~*~*~


"Howie?"

"What is it, Nick?" I groaned, turning over to face him. It sure was a tight fit.

"Tell me why we're here again." I rolled my eyes. This kid sure did have a short attention span. Maybe all hiss screaming fans have ADD like he does...

"We weren't able to decide who gets the bed, right?"

"Right..."

"Therefore, we're sharing the bed."

"But Brian keeps sticking his foot on my side."

"How old are you? It's a king size bed and we're four grown men. It's not going to be spacious!"

"I know, but--"

"And this bed is more comfortable than the bunks on the tour bus, right?"

"Oh, fuck yeah," Nick sighed and I knew the soft mattress and blankets were the cause of the sigh. "But what if Kev comes and sees us in the bed?"

"I wouldn't worry about it too much, Nicky. He just hates it when we argue over stupid stuff," I shrugged, cuddling with my small piece of blanket and pillow. It's not like we hadn't slept in close quarters in the past.

"I guess so," Nick yawned and his eyes drooped shut. "Goodnight, D."

"Night, Nicky."

~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up to silence. Now, for most people, silence is welcoming. Not when you work with men like AJ, Howie, Brian and Nick. It's more eerie than comforting. Looking around, most of the crew and guests were asleep as well. Sitting up, I rubbed my weary face and evetually got to my feet. It was still a little awkward walking freely on the airplane. Grasping my camera, I walked through all the rooms and compartments of the plane. Where the Hell were they? I stopped in the long hallway for a moment and I heard a snort followed by a long, hard snore. Cringing, I knew who it was.

Nick.

Turning on my camera, I quietly crept down the hall, not quite ready for what I was about to see. I reached the back bedroom and carefully turned the doorknob. I walked in and stopped at the sight before me and I quickly captured the moment before any of them awoke.





They really need to stop underestimating me. I wonder how much I could sell this for. The possibilities are endless. I was about to leave the room when I saw Brian turn over and scoot closer to AJ in his sleep. I know this sounds cheesy, but that is what I mean when I talk to the press about our friendship. That we're like brothers we never had. Though I will never deny that they haven't pissed me off on more than one occasion... I wouldn't have it any other way.

I smiled and turned around, closing the door behind me. I wonder how they would feel if the fans who came with us for the tour asked for autographs with this picture...