- Text Size +

Chapter 9

   

            Diana tried to struggle as Howard bound her hands with rope and pulled at her like a common dog. She looked around to see if anyone would help her but to no avail. She tried to wriggle her wrists free from the rope but it ended in feeling a burning sensation making her stop. She recoiled into herself as they walked down a muddy path towards a small town on the island filled with Pirates and thieves. She swerved as some of them tried to touch her making her move closer to Howard who pushed her back as if she was now not important. She watched as many busty girls came up to him and he touched them with fondness and want.  She felt something in the pit of her stomach as she watched him with her and glared at the back of his head.

 

            Howard smiled as they passed the luscious ladies who shared his bed often and could feel Diana’s eyes burning through the back of his head. He quickly took the hand of one of his many women and whispered in her ear making her giggle. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Diana trying to avoid looking at him with the wench and smiled inwardly as he continued to whisper.

 

“You know my sweet now that I am back it has been such a long time since I’ve felt your sweet touch” He said and kissed her neck softly, he could feel her shiver.

 

“Oh, Captain Howard you don’t know how long I’ve waited for you” She said and batted her eyes at him.

 

“Well my dear you’ll get your chance as soon as I get my new slave all settled in my house, meet me at the pub and I’ll be there shortly” He said and kissed her lips gently. 

 

“I’ll be waiting” she said and rubbed her chest against his arm and walked away.

 

As soon as she was out of sight Howard turned to Nicholas and smiled.

 

“Soon Nicholas you will be able to partake in all the lovelies here on Tortuga” He said and patted Nicholas’s shoulder.

 

“Aye Capin that I will” He said as his eyes followed a gorgeous blond that walked past him making him bump into a wooden post. Composing himself he ran to catch up to Howard.

 

“Nicholas never let a woman trap you into not paying attention to where you are going” Howard said as he chuckled “It only causes trouble” he said and pulled on Diana’s Rope so that she could keep up.

 

            Diana stumbled as Howard pulled the rope and she cursed at him in gypsy in which he cursed back catching her by surprise. She raised a brow as she looked at him wondering how he knew the language of her people. She vowed to learn more about him once she was in his home. Nicholas glanced back and forth between the two and sighed. ‘There are going to end up murdering each other’ he thought. 

 

            Howard smiled as they arrived at the door to his home and opened the door pushing Diana in. With out a word he proceeded to tug on her with the rope until he arrived to a room by the kitchen. He smiled as he cut the rope and pushed her further in. He took her chin in his hands and it looked like he was almost about to kiss her but shook his head.

 

“No I’ve grown tired of this game” He said simply and walked out the door.

 

Diana watched as he left her in wonder. Her mind raced with question and thought.

 ‘Was this a game to him? Was she just a toy?’ She growled in frustration and grabbed the vase that was on the night stand and threw it against the wall. That made Nicholas rush to her room to see what happened. He opened the door a small crack and knocked softly.

 

“Miss Diana, are you all right?” He asked and shook his head when he saw the smashed vase on the floor.

 

 “I hate THAT man!” She said through gritted teeth and walked passed Nicholas towards the back off the house.

 

“Miss please lets you and I sit and I can make you a cup of tea after all, I do want to be your friend” He said softly as he took her hand in his.

 

Diana gazed into his Blues eyes and could tell he was being sincere “Oh very well” She said and smiled as she was led to the kitchen.

 

“I know the Capin means no harm, he’s been going through some rough times for a while now according to Missers Kevin” Nicholas said sadly as he began to prepare tea for her.

 

“Don’t make me laugh Niño*” she said and snorted a bit.

 

“No joke ma’am you see the Captain lost his wife about….Lets see the Capin is 28 now and she died about 10 years ago” He said  in a soft tone.

 

This caught Diana’s attention and looked to him “He was married? Who would marry a man like that?” She said and laughed.

 

“Her name was Esmeralda and I would appreciate it if you didn’t speak to her about it Nicholas” said and angry voice from behind them.

 

“Aye c-c-c-Capin s-s-s-sorry Capin” Nicholas stuttered and bowed his head.

 

“Now if you’ll excuse me I have a guest I need to entertain in my bed chambers” He said as Diana noticed it was the woman he had whispered to when they arrived.

 

             Diana looked to Nicholas who looked back to him and she nudged her head towards where the captain went. Nicholas mouthed the word ‘no’ and shook his head while Dianna nodded and pointed to the now closed door. Nicholas sighed as he finally agreed and bade her to keep quiet as they tried to listen in on the Captains conversation with the woman.