- Text Size +
Chapter 10   

Diana and Nicholas gently pressed their ears to the door and tried to listen in on the captain’s conversation. Diana gasped as he heard a few words in Gypsy and tried not to scowl.

 

“Now my dear” They heard Howard say to his guest “You know what I want” He said and moaned softly.

 

“Anything for you Captain” The woman said and rustling was heard through the door.

 

Nicholas reached for the door knob and motioned for Diana to get behind him so that she could see what was going on. To their surprise the woman was giving Howard a nice Strip show and Diana Quickly Covered Nicholas’s eyes. Nicholas scowled as he took Diana’s hand out of his way and stared at the beautiful woman that was keeping the captain good company.  Diana’s face was that of anger yet she found herself questioning her anger.

 

‘Why am I angry? I shouldn’t care what this vile evil man is doing with another woman’ she thought and backed away from Nicholas. She took his arm and quietly closed the door.

 

“Do you think you could show me around Tortuga seeing as how I will be stuck here?” She said softly.

 

“sure I mean it’s no fun staying stuck in the house and I could watch over you while the Captain is busy with his whor…I mean guest “ He said in attempt to be respectful. 

 

Diana muffled her laugh with her hands and curled up a bit. Regaining her composure she linked her arm with Nicholas’s and they walked out of the house. Diana closed her eyes as she felt the warm sun hit her face. She smiled brightly and looked to Nicholas who smiled in return.  Diana Felt safe with Nicholas, He felt like a brother to her, someone to talk to and share secrets with. They strolled around the market looking at trinkets and at many beautiful treasures.

 

“So you see, my father died when I was 17 on a trip to a hunt, he was the only one taking care of me, and that’s when Captain Howard made me his cabin boy and let me stay with him at his place” Nicholas said as he had finished telling Diana his life story.

 

“Ahh I see you must have been proud of you father and he of you” She said softly and looked to the floor.

 

“Is something wrong” Nicholas asked as he saw her saddened face.

 

“No…well…it’s just I miss my father so much” She said as a tear rolled down her cheek “yet I feel happy because…. Oh I loved Alejandro as a friend and I didn’t want to marry him, yet I didn’t want him to die either” She said and looked to Nicholas. “I just feel so conflicted, Howard has taken me from my home, it makes me angry yet I feel free, I don’t know what to do” She said and sighed.

 

“Well I guess the only thing to do is try to enjoy this new freedom and explore this new adventure, sooner or later the Captain will have to take you back” Nicholas said and smiled as he nudged her gently making her laugh.

 

“You know Nicholas you remind me of another friend at home who acts just like you, I consider him my brother and I hope you will let me consider you in that manner” She said and smiled to him.

 

“It would be my pleasure to be your Honorary Cabin boy/Pirate brother” He said and bowed.

 

            They continued to walk some more when Diana saw a mine not far from where they stood. His head was shaven and he had the most rugged face. The wheels in her head began to turn as she smiled. Nicholas raised his eye brow and followed her gaze and gasped. He stood in front of her blocking her view.

 

“Whatever you are thinking of doing don’t, it won’t be a good idea” He said and tried to convince her otherwise.

 

“Nicholas, I will bet you anything Howard is trying to make me jealous so I can come to him, well two can play that game” She said and walked to the Pirate man she was looking at.

 

“Capin please forgive me” He said to the sky and watched her from a distance.

 

Diana walked slowly and looked around making it seem like she was trying to find something of interest. She smiled to herself as she came close to the handsome pirate. Taking a deep breath she turned her head to one of the kiosks and bumped into him. Taking a fall she grimaced and rubbed her back. She looked up to see his hand offering her a small bit of help to get up.

 

“Excuse me miss I did not mean to bump into you” He said and smiled.

 

“Oh please sir it was my fault I should have watched where I was going” She said and blushed slightly, taking his hand and getting up off the ground.

 

“Captain Alexander Mclean at your services” he said and kissed the back of her hand.

 

“I am Diana Romero, Pleased to meet you” She said and smiled sweetly. ‘This will teach Howard to play games with me’ she thought as she began to talk with Alexander.

 

“Well Ms. Romero what do I owe the pleasure of being in your presence?” Alexander asked.

 

Diana Smiled as she looked into Alexander’s deep hazel eyes. His short hair glistening in the sun, he wore a long red coat with a white puffy shirt, a red sash around his black slacks and black boots.  She Looked to Nicholas who was shaking his head and waving his hands across his neck. She ignored him as she smiled coyly at Alexander.

 

“Well Señior I don’t believe I can stay for long but let us walk around the market. It is my first time here in Tortuga and I would love to get to know it better” she said and dragged Nicholas towards her.

 

“it would be my pleasure” He said as he bowed to her.