- Text Size +

Chapter 12


Diana stared as Howard stormed off and looked to Nicholas. She gave him a small questioning look in which he shrugged his shoulders. Diana’s mind raced between going after him and getting ready to meet Captain Alexander. Taking a deep breath she chose to get ready to meet with Alexander and have a good time. Running to her room she closed the door and took out the dress that Alexander had bought for her, it was a lovely half sleeve belled dress that was corset style in the back and a flowing skirt in the from in the nicest shade of midnight blue with sparkling silver to make it look like the stars. Having the dress on Diana called for Nicholas to help her with the back, in which he blushed and sighed.

“Diana, are you sure this is a good idea, Captain Alexander is known for his roughness, and well……. Oh I just don’t want anything to happen to you, not only would I be devastated but the capin would have my head” He said and squeaked at the last part and rubbed his neck.

“Don’t worry
Hermanito (little brother), everything will be fine, besides there is much I need to understand about your sea dog of a captain and if this is the only way I will get it out then so be it. Now will you tie up the back of the dress for me” She said and braced her self as Nicholas pulled on the strings.


When Nicholas finished she walked to the mirror and looked at her self. She made sure nothing was out of place as her fingers touched the soft silk and cotton fibers. She brushed her hair and looked at Nicholas through the mirror. She could tell he was very worried, but she had to do this, it was the only way she could at least try to escape her capture, But, at the same time she didn’t really want to leave. Putting on her makeup she walked over to Nicholas and gave a twirl.
“How do I look?” She asked him.

“You look wonderful” He said only to shake his head and sigh “Diana, please think rationally before you leave to meet with Alexander”

“I have made up my mind Nicholas, I will be meeting Alexander tonight” She said.

Howard moved slowly and quietly and took a quick glimpse of her in the new gown. He felt his breath caught in his throat and gazed at her body. The way the corset accented her curves just right, the way the midnight blue and silver accents make her eyes sparkle. He could feel his heart racing as she walked towards the door.  Her face radiated with beauty and her body speaking to him. He found himself frozen in place as he watched her. Oh how he wanted to kiss her again, His heart beating rapidly in his chest. Howard opened his door wider and stepped out looking over and Nicholas who put his hands up in surrender then to Diana who looked at herself in the mirror one last time.
 Diana turned and saw him standing there his face in wonder as he gazed at her. She could feel his eyes burning into her soul. She felt herself blush and quickly scowled. Yet she loved the way his curls fell on his face. It made him almost soft and vulnerable; she looked away quickly and cleared her throat.

“Well I must be off” She said never noticing that Howard moved quickly towards the door before she could reach the handle when they both touched the knob at the same time they jumped and turned from each other. Clearing his throat Howard reached for the knob and took a deep breath.

 “Allow me” He said softly and opened it for her his eyes searching for hers.

“Thank you” she said softly and gazed into his soft brown eyes.

They stood there staring into each others eyes their faces getting slightly closer. She could almost feel his lips on hers when she turned her face and he kissed her cheek. Howard sighed and cleared his throat and turned away, he cursed at himself for being so weak. He grimaced as he saw Alexander approaching the front steps of his home. He sneered when Alexander took her hand and gently kissedthe back of it making her giggle.
 

“Shall we my delicate gypsy flower?” He heard Alexander say.

“We shall” Diana said as Alexander hooked his arm with hers and led her away.  

Howard waited till they were out of his sight and closed the door quickly. He looked around until he found Nicholas and sighed.

“Nicholas, how about we partake in some rum” He said and smiled.

“Aye Capin” Nicholas said and smiled.

Howard sighed as he once again gazed into the mirror, he saw it there again his former self. Young and full of desire to be set free. His former self pounded on the mirror its voice inaudible, he winced when his old self was yanked away only to be replaced with the ruthless pirate he became laughing at his weakness. Growing angry he punched the mirror shattering it into a million pieces. He ignored the look Nicholas gave him as his boot thudded heavily on the wooden floor as he headed towards the Kitchen.  He hoped that the rum would help him suppress his desires and his emotions. He opened the bottle and began to take a big chug leaving Nicholas to watch as the captain almost drank the whole bottle in one drink.

 

Meanwhile Diana and Alexander started out by walking towards the local pub. Diana smiled and thanked the stars that Alexander was a gentle man and kept his distance.

“Now tell me my sweet delicate flower. What is this revenge you had your mind set upon” He asked curiously.

“I know it sounds foolish but I was brought here against my will” She said softly “Yet this man who has taken me has decided to play me as a toy, and I want to do the same in return” She said softly “I tell you this so that you know that I don’t want you to think that I will play you like he does me”

“Not to worry my sweet it is understandable though about this payment........How is it you had wanted to pay me” He said and gazed at her body up and down, His mind thinking of so many things.

Diana pulled out a solid gold locket from her bust line. She gave it a quick kiss and held it out “This is my most prized position, my father had managed to take it from a rich mans wife back in Spain” She said and smiled. “This is made of solid gold and it is yours to keep” She said.

Alexander sighed and took the trinket in his hand examining it against the soft candle light. His mind began to race as he looked at her softly. Taking the locket he took her hand and placed it in the middle of her pal enclosing her fingers around it. He smiled at the way the soft candle light reflected on her face.

“My dear how about I consider, the kisses you give me to make this Howard of yours jealous as payment enough” He said and laughed knowing he had more in store for her and her precious Howard.

“My dear Captain, are you sure about this?” she said and looked into his caramel eyes.

“A kiss from an angel is payment enough” with that he kissed her hand and smiled “Now I believe I have kept you out late enough, what do you say we head back to the captains place and give him a show” he said and winked softly.

Diana laughed and hooked her arm with Alexander’s as the walked back to Howard’s house. She looked up at the sky and felt something calling to her; it was a familiar gypsy feeling. As if a trapped spirit was calling for release. Yet she had no idea where it was coming from.