- Text Size +

Chapter 13


Howard finished what was now his third bottle of rum and chuckled at Nicholas who was now passed out on the kitchen floor. He stumbled his way back to the front hall to await Diana. Sitting in a chair he leaned back and sighed, he needed to change his ways if she was going to be his. Taking a Deep breath he noticed that his pirate self was staring at his through what was left of the hallway mirror. He noticed that his pirate self as holding on to the hair of his gypsy self struggling to be set free.  He realized what was happening, As soon as his Gypsy self was beginning to regain strength the pirate he had become was slowly fading away. But now his pirate self was regaining strength and he looked at the mirror to see his pirate self smiling in victory holding a knife to his gypsy self’s throat. Closing his eyes He stood up and stumbled to the wall across from him and placed his hand to stabilize his balance. He took a sharp intake of breath as he stumbled towards the door.

“Thank you for the wonderful time Captain Alexander” he heard Diana say.

“It was an enchanted evening my sweet” He heard Alexander reply.  

He watched through a small part of the curtain as Alexander leaned in and kissed Diana on the cheek close to the corner of her mouth. He could feel his blood boil and fell backwards into the chair to wait for Diana. His breath now in puffs as he heard the creaking of the door, He coughed making Diana jump.  
 

“Welcome Home “He sneered to Diana and glared at her “You are nothing but a harlot, I’m sure the first chance you got you would have given your virginity away so that your dear Alejandro would kill you himself” He said and laughed.

Diana could feel her blood run cold, the tone of his voice had changed this was not the Howard who was insecure and doubtful this was the Howard who kidnapped her.  She looked towards the kitchen, the empty bottles of rum lying open and Nicholas sleeping soundly on the floor. She glared at him and moved passed him towards her room only to be stopped by him getting up from the chair and moving to block her path.

“Of course a drunk like you would know everything” She said softly and tried to walk past him only to be pushed to the wall.

She grimaced as she gazed into his eyes. His eyes weren’t the warm brown eyes she would remember gazing into but a dark entity a shadow of a hurt man.

“You will not speak to me like that again do you understand!” He yelled and placed his hand on her throat choking her slightly.

Diana coughed as she tried with all her might to push him off yet to no avail. He held a strong grip on her as she struggled to break free. She now had a fear for this man who held her life in his hands.

“Let me make one thing and one thing clear this will be the last time you leave this house” He yelled at her face making her whimper as she struggled even more to break free.

He placed his nose towards her and gave a sly and evil smile. He breathed in her sent and could feel her body tremble in fear. Her breath mixed with his as he rubbed his nose against her, moving from her nose to her hair then to her neck. He places his nose on her cheek. She could smell the alcohol strong in his breath her heart now filled with fear for this man. He chuckled as the alcohol impaired his judgment and he took in a deep breath before slowly and sensually licking her cheek. Diana squirmed as he did so she could feel the fabric of her dress being ripped with the other hand and whimpered in fear. Her chest hung out in all its glory and she could feel his hand cup her and she felt the sting of tears in her eyes. While his left hand still held her throat Howard began trailing kisses on her neck slowly sucking and nipping bore he stepped slightly back to look where he had ripped open the dress with his free hand and smiled at the sight he saw. His right was gently resting on her chest. He pressed his body against hers once again and placed his mouth next to her ear. 

“Next time I will take what rightfully belongs to me; you will no longer be treated with kindness by me. You will no longer sleep in that cozy room but on the floor in the kitchen and you will only wear what I give you. I have given you a taste of freedom and no more if you disobey me I will have you in my bed and then I will slice open your throat. Do not tempt me anymore or you will regret it. ” he said kissing her roughly before he released her. He took one look at her as she slid to the floor tears running down her face. He smiled, pleased at what he had done and stormed off to his room slamming the door in the process.

Diana coughed and held her throat in a means to sooth its pain as tears streamed down her face. She had never felt more afraid for her life then tonight. She slowly got up and quietly rushed to what now used to be her room to change her clothes and sleep on the kitchen floor. The last thing she needed was to be harmed once again by the mad man who she thought she knew. It seemed that her plans to make him jealous worked only to turn into an ugly battle for her life. Gently walking over Nicholas’s sleeping body she made her way to a corner of the kitchen and laid her head down to try and sleep.

Howard walked towards his bed and proceeded to take off his boots throwing them across from his bed. He then rubbed his face with his hands and gave a slight yawn. He took of his coat and threw it to the nearby chair followed by his white puffy shirt. He stood and walked to the mirror his muscular chest visible with the scars of his battles. Yet one thing stood out. He gently ran his fingers across the tattoo on his right wrist that he thankfully kept out of Diana’s sight. He closed his eyes and felt his body grow tired with the need to sleep. Shuffling his feet he threw himself on the bed not bothering to covers over him and fell fast asleep.

 

It was a sunny day out on the beach. He saw her in the distance her long brown hair flowing in the wind as well as her yellow skirt shinning like the sun, her white blouse covered by her blue bodice. He smiled as he noticed her calling toward him he could hear her voice.

Howard” she called softy, his name echoing off into the distance.

“Diana” he called back. He laughed as he ran to her yet it seemed as though she was moving away.

He noticed it suddenly began to grow dark and gloomy he tried to run faster only to feel Sluggish. He could feel his heart stop as a shadowy figure walked up behind Diana and place a knife to her throat. He yelled out and reached for her, but he was too far away. It wasn’t until the dark figure had begun to rip off her clothing that he was able to get closer only to stop and freeze. He was looking at himself, it was his pirate self. Bawling his fist he ran towards the pirate and punched him making him stumble backwards, the dream of Diana had disappeared leaving Howard to face him, and what he had become. His pirate self laughed and put his fists in the air.

“Come lad let us see what you are made of” said his pirate self.

 Letting out a harsh yell Howard lunged at himself and failed. He fell face first into the sand. He tried to get up only to wince as a foot was forcing him to stay down. Finding the Strength within him he was able to bush off and make the pirate fall to the floor. Turning around he jumped on top of the pirate swinging punches at his face only to stop abruptly when he felt a sharp object penetrate his side.

“You see boy, I win, and you lost” he said as Howards gypsy self pushed him off.

The Pirate stood over him and smiled making a very scared and vulnerable Diana appear before him as he forcefully kissed her.  He could feel himself gasping for air but at the same time his pirate self was excited. As he felt his gypsy self cling for life. His view switched to his pirate self who raised the blade up towards the sky and plunged it into Diana’s heart. She gave blood Curling Scream as she fell to the floor.  

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Howard yelled as he sat up rapidly. He rubbed his eyes and looked around the room.
 

He took deep breaths as he tried to calm his shaking body. Why would he have a dream like that? He walked to his dresser and looked at himself in the mirror; he could only see himself, his pirate self and he wondered why. He knew his gypsy self was not dead yet just hurt, but what did he care? He was happy right? Shaking his head he lay back down on his bed and stared up at the ceiling.
 

Diana found herself in a deserted area. She looked around only to hear a soft groaning coming from behind her. She turned and rushed towards the figure only to find that it was Howard only he was gentle and kind.

“I am Howards Gypsy side; you must help him find balance before he destroys himself” he said in a whisper as he caressed her cheek gently.

How can I do that when he is so plagued with pain and anger” she said.

Before he could reply Diana was yanked away only to face the side of Howard she feared. His eyes burrowed deep into her soul sneering at her.

“It is too late for him you cannot save him, he will die and I will be left, you will be my slave and nothing can stop me” he said and laughed.  

Diana awoke with her hand on her chest. She only hoped that it was just a dream and nothing more. Laying back down she could only stare up at the ceiling before she slowly went to sleep.