- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I would really appreciate it if i could get reviews before i post more i crave reviews and i really need to know if there is anything i need to change or if the story can use more. so pleae review, review, review!

Chapter 4



            Howard awoke that morning to the movement of Diana stirring next to him. He gazed one her has her form laid nestled close to him. His arm non-chalantly placed under the nape of her neck; his hand on her shoulder. Gently he lifted her and removed his arm and placed her back on top of the pillow. Propping himself up on his left elbow he watched her as she slept some more. His eyes searched her face and found peace. He could feel his heart call for her but he only wanted her for one thing and that was to fill the void in his bed, or so he thought. Snapping back to reality he quietly got out of bed and tucked Diana once again keeping her warm. Standing behind the door he opened it a crack to see that Nicholas had brought him his warm water for his morning bath. Even though he was a pirate he was no less of a man. Some in his crew may be able to live with their own stench but not Howard.

 He knew it scared many of the women away. Placing the water in the basin he stepped in and sighed softly, the muscles in his body relaxing as the warm water soaked his dark skin. Taking the soap he lathered and rinsed and got out to dry. Glancing at Diana as he put on his pants he took the key from around his neck and quietly unlocked her shackle. Taking a piece of parchment and a quill he wrote her a quick note and left it on his bedside table for her to see. As he was putting on his shirt he took a glance at the crescent moon tattoo on his right wrist and scowled. Roughly placing the shirt over his head he grabbed his coat and hat and walked out the door slamming it in the process and cursing at himself.

"I see you have awoken on the wrong side of thebe Cap’n?" Said Kevin as he walked up to the Howard and patted his shoulder "was it a rough night?" he added raising his eye brow.

              Howard glared at him and shook his head, as he walked to the banister by the wheel of the ship. He watched as crew members began their work. He Turned to Kevin with his lips pursed into a thin line.
  "Hold your tongue" he said simple and walked to the helm of the ship. “Gypsies women are virgins till marriage” He said simply.

           Taking in the salty sea air Howard took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he let the breeze caress his face. Closing his eyes he let the suns’ warm rays warm up his face


"Well lads you know what to do at this time of the Morning, I don’t want to see any lollygaggers so off to work" He bellowed and asked one of his other crew members to take the helm.

"I’ll be off to Cookie" He said simply.
  "Misters Kevin you watch the crew and make sure things get done" he said as he walked down and out of sight toward the ships kitchen.

     Walking down the narrow hallway he could smell the food cookie was preparing. Entering the kitchen he saw young Nicholas struggling to carry bags of flour from one end to the other.

"That’s it Cookie you should build some muscle on him" Howard said as he took and apple and bit into it.

"I would do no less Capin" Cookie said and laughed.

       Cookie was a fine man, fat as a pig, but a fine man. Howard like Cookie, his food could fill 100 men and it was delicious. Howard looked to Nicholas who gave him a discouraging look as if he knew what the captain had come for.

"I see you know what I want Nicholas" he said and gave a devilish smile.

"Aye Capin I do but if I get slapped again I won't do it no more" He said shaking his finger at the captain.

         Howard let out a hearty laugh and grabbed at his ribcage.
 

 "My boy I promise you she won't bite this time, just take her some fruit for breakfast and draw her up a warm bucket of water for her bath, and if you could get out the woman’s clothes from the drawer under my bed" he said and saw the look in Nicholas's eyes.

"Capin you mean those clothes?" he said

"Aye Nicholas those now don't question me anymore and do it" Howard said losing his patience.

Nicholas gulped before answering "Aye Capin" he said and prepared his chores.

        Howard bid them fair well and began to wonder around the ship before he ended up at the stern (back) of the ship where he had place a small balcony for when he wanted to be alone. There was a small shoot which Howard invented so that Kevin could send him messages in case something had gone wrong.

         Meanwhile Diana awoke to find her ankle free and smiled of her new freedom. Pulling the covers off she rubbed her ankle lightly the thought of escaping came to her mind. She looked around for the captain and found a note addressed to her from him.


Dianna

I have taken the shackle off of your ankle to give you free reign of where to go. But know this, we are far out at sea and there is no means of escape since my crew is around and they can all see you as clear as day. I will send Nicholas to bring you food and warm water for a bath and a change of clothes. You are my prisoner still and you will never be free. You will forever be mine a trophy.

Your kidnapper and captain of this ship

Howard



Diana dug her face in the pillow and let a loud yell of frustration. Taking the lamp she threw it across the cabin and watched as it smashed against the wall. Her breathing was hard and her anger had arisen anew. She made a promise to find a means of escape, Even if it meant she had to swim with the sharks to get home.