- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here are the next few chapters.

Chapter 5




Nicholas grumbled as he walked up the steps carefully with a bucket of hot water and a bowl of fresh fruit for the Gypsy girl in the captain’s cabin. He only hoped that she would keep her hands to herself and leave him alone. Reaching the captains’ cabin door he placed the bucket of water down and knocked gently on the door.

"Ms. Gypsy I brought you a bucket of water and some fresh fruit for you to eat is it safe for me to come in?" he asked through the door.

"Come in" he heard softly.

Nicholas opened the door and picked up the bucket of water. Entering the room he placed the bucket by the tub and the bowl of fruit on the captain’s desk. He could feel her eyes on her and shook his head. Looking in the basin he sighed as the captain had left the old water in it and grumbled some. Walking top the door he sighed and called out for two crew men.

"Oyez! Smittie, Johnson I need help dumping the water in the capins’ tub" he said and shook his head.

"All right Lad we'll help ye" Smittie said and laughed.

Nicholas rolled his eyes as the two men came in joking about his position. Shaking his head he made sure they took care of the capins tub and turned only to jump back in fright as Dianna had appeared when he turned around.

"DAVY JONES GOHST" He yelled and grabbed his chest and looked at the small gypsy woman. "You sacred me ma'am is there something wrong?" he asked and crossed his arms.

"I....I wanted to apologize to you" she said softly and bowed her head.

Nicholas looked at her and raised his eyebrow. Gently he moved her out of the way as Smittie and Johnson placed the captain’s tub back in its place and closed the door behind them. Nicholas walked away from Diana and opened the drawer pulling out a lovely light blue and white dress. Nicholas knew very well who this dress belonged to and wondered why the captain wanted her to wear such a precious dress.

"Now miss the Capin has ordered me to lie this out for you, I have done my duty and that is that" He said and began to walk but was stopped as Diana placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I know I’m not your favorite person but please believe me when I saw I’m sorry, I should not have slapped you yesterday" she said and gazed up at him with her soft brown eyes.

Nicholas sighed " it’s all right miss I know you meant no harm, now if you need anything just tell any of the crew members to call for Nicholas and they will fetch me for you" he said and smiled.

"Please call me Diana “she said and smiled

"Well Diana I must be off, I do have cabin boy duties to finish" he said and walked out the door but not before winking at her.

Kevin stood in front of Nicholas, his arms crossed as he looked to the young cabin boy.

"It seems she's calmed down a bit" He said to Nicholas

"Aye sir she has, but it's all so sad, she was taken from her home yet shows no sadness" he said in wonder.

"It seems she might not have been as happy as many of us think she was" Kevin continued and sighed "you should head back to Cookie lad he will need your help, and when you have finished, Brian wants you to join him up on the Nest" he said pointing up to where Brian was waving.

"Aye, Aye!" Nicholas said simply and grumbled his way to Cookies kitchen.

Kevin laughed and shook his head as he wrote a small note for the captain and sent it down the pipe to his secret hideout.

Once Nicholas had left the cabin Diana had gotten into the tub and began to relax. Her mind wondered back to her father and the Kumpaña. Tears began to fill her eyes but she knew in her heart she would be all right. She could feel her thoughts wandering off into the distance. She only hoped that her family was safe and would not be found by the Spanish king and executed. As she lay in the tub she felt her mind wander to thoughts of Howard; His big brown eyes, his long curls, his soft lips. Shaking her head she huffed at the thought of falling in love with Howard, and yet there was something about him that made her blood flame with passion and her heart beat a thousand times faster. Finishing her bath she dried herself quickly and dressed in the clothes that Nicholas had laid out on the captain’s bed for her. Already dressed she took some fruit from the bowl and began and ate it, the juices quenching her thirst as she let out a moan of satisfaction. She failed to notice the door to the cabin opening.
 Howard looked at the woman before him and couldn’t help but smile to himself. Yes, she was a rare and beautiful woman, and she made his blood boil and his manhood twitch. He watched her ever so quietly as she took a bite out of the luscious red apple that seemed to satisfy her appetite. He could only hope that she would soon share his bed. Shaking his head he felt torn, he was a pirate and he needed to be ruthless, she was his Captive and she would have to do what he said. Taking a deep breath he let it out slowly as he quietly approached her.
"I see you have you appetite back" she heard from the door, making her jump as she turned to see Howard smiling at her.

Diana glared at him before she turned her back towards him holding her head high. She was afraid of what might happen if she looked deep into his eyes. She could already feel her heart trying to leap out of her chest, her blood beginning to warm as her body yearned for his touch. She knew this would not be pretty, as she had decided to be difficult, after all this man was her kidnapper. She braced herself for the wrath she would have him unleash upon her.