- Text Size +
-- February 12, 2008, 11:03 am --

I leaned heavily against the bathroom door and stared up at the clock on the wall. I'd spent half the morning in that same exact spot staring at that same damned clock. This may have been the longest morning of my life. I wasn't sure exactly why I was repeating the process again for the fifth time in the last hour... maybe to make it more real? Honestly I didn't know anymore.

I did, however, know what the results were going to be. The same as they'd been the last four times, and I shouldn't be surprised.

The signs were there; my boobs were sore, I was extra exhausted, I cried at the drop of a dime and the nausea... ugh... that constant nagging all day, nonstop, nausea. Whoever named it 'morning sickness' should be drug out in the street and shot.

When the clock finally landed on 11:05 I opened the bathroom door and stepped inside. I pointed the camera up towards my face to catch the shot. (Of course I was filming this... wouldn't miss it for the world!)

"Pregnancy test, take five," I said as I smiled into the lense. I walked carefully towards the sink and aimed it down at the little white stick that was laying on the counter. I zoomed in. "One line," I said... "two lines." I zoomed back out, "There you have it folks."

I lifted the camera back to my face and couldn't help but grin "Oh my god!" I said with a smile. "It's official!"

I clicked the button off and set the camera on the sink. I grabbed the stick and sunk down onto the tiled floor staring at the test I'd just taken... along with the other four. I couldn't believe it. Well I could... Aj I and hadn't exactly been 'careful' the past few months... but I was still in a state of shock.

Were we ready for this? I knew I was. I'd always been ready to be a mother. From the moment I knew I could have kids I think my biological clock had been ticking. Aj on the other hand... that was another story. I think he wanted to have kids, eventually, but his childhood made him nervous to be a father.

So I was ready, that was for sure, but were we ready? I still didn't know.

I looked down at the sticks in my hands and sighed...

It really didn't matter now.