- Text Size +
Nick looked deep into Stacie's eyes and smiled. "Well, I just so happen am in love with you too Anastasia," Nick wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I am sorry Nick, next time I need to take some time I won't break up with you."

"I'll send you to Hawaii if you need a half time from us."

"It really wasn't you I needed,did you just say half time?"

"Maybe."

"Ugh, you're such a guy. But it wasn't you I needed a 'half time' from. It was really me."

"I understand." The two continued to walk the beach and headed back to Nick's house and were surprised when they saw Payton sitting out on the patio.

"Payton, what are you doing here?" Stacie asked going up to her. "Are you okay?" Payton stood up and shook her head and brought her hands to her face.

"I can't imagine life without Eric." She began to cry and Stacie looked at Nick who took it as a cue to leave the girls alone. "Nick you don't have to go," Payton reached her hand towards Nick. "I'm sorry for spoiling your day, it looks like you two are back together and are happy."

"No it's okay, you don't have to apologize, you know that. Have you tried calling him Pay?" Stacie asked.

"He won't answer, it just rings and rings," she then broke down and started crying harder and put her face into Nick's chest. Stacie shrugged her shoulders apologizing her for her friend.

"Like you told me, give it a few days," Stacie tried to comfort her friend.

"I guess so, Do you two mind if I hang with you for a bit today?"

"Uh, no not at all. Let's order a pizza and vege around today. Nick did you have plans?" Stacie asked.

"Nope, I'll go order." Payton then stood up and hugged Nick.

"Thanks," she smiled.

"Well, you were there for me a couple days ago." Nick smiled back and went inside.

"And thank you, I know you're just fixing things with Nick." Payton then hugged Stacie.

"It's really alright. I mean there were countless nights I'd show up at your front door without warning. Let's go inside."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ The Next Day~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"So I will see you tonight?" Nick asked into the phone.

"Yeah, I'm just going to stop over to Payton's and see how she is doing."

"Okay can't wait to see you."

"Bye babe," Stacie hung up and finished getting ready. She packed a small bag and then got into her car to head over to her friends. She tried calling Payton but she didn't answer and knew she didn't have to work today. Stacie pulled into the driveway,next to Payton's car and climbed out. She walked up to the front door and rang the door bell twice. When there was no answer, she tried the door and it opened up.

"Payton you home? It's Stacie." She stepped inside. "Hello?" I walked through the living room and to the kitchen. "Payton, your car is here and the door is opened." When there was no answer she went up stairs and headed towards Payton's room. "Payton?" She then knocked on the door and when there wasn't answer she pushed it open. The room was empty and she stepped inside to look around. The bed wasn't maid, and on it, lay a box. Letting her curiosity get the best t her she walked over to it. In it were pictures of her and Stacie. There were also a bunch of pictures of Ryan and Payton. Pictures of Ryan, Payton and where Stacie should've been, but she had been cut out. Confused she looked deeper into the box and found articles about Ryan's accident.

Not sure why Payton would have kept all of the things she did, she walked out of the room feeling uneasy when she walked right into Payton.

"Something I can help you with?"

"I just came to see how you were doing and your door was opened."

"So, you thought you'd come up to my room."

"To see if you were there, I-I didn't go in. I was just seeing if you were maybe sleeping."

"I was in the basement doing laundry. And I'm doing fine, so you can leave. I'm sure you have plans with Nick."

"Actually I do," Stacie swallowed the lump in her throat and backed up a little. "You doing okay? You don't seem like yourself P."

"Oh, I'm peachy. Actually Eric called me this morning all upset, telling me how much he loves me and can't take another day without me."

"That's good, right?"

"Eh, we'll see. I kinda have my eye on someone else right now. Maybe this break up was best. But you better run along now, good-bye," she pushed me towards the stairs and I went to my car.
~*~*~*~At Nicks~*~*~*~

"And so I left, she just wasn't herself at all."

"Well, I wouldn't worry your pretty face over it. I have tonight planned for you and I want it to be special. I was going to have us go try to catch a couple of waves but it's pretty rough out, we're supposed to be getting a storm."

"I heard on the radio but I love watching them. Anything I can do to help?"

"No, go up stairs into my bathroom and you'll see what you can you do." Stacie raised an eye brow and gave Nick a look of questioning. "Just go," he kissed her lips and watched as she disappeared. Stacie went into the bathroom, where the lights were on dim and candles were all around. They were on the steps up to the bathtub, on the counter, the ground and window sill. The bathtub was full of bubbles and rose petals sprinkled on top. There was a note next to a wine glass, along with the wine in a cooler.

Take your time and relax with a glass of your favorite wine. When you're good and relaxed, go into my room and look on the bed.
XoX Nick

Stacie smiled and slipped off her clothes and stepped into the warm bath, welcoming the relaxation. She poured herself a glass of the chardonnay and sipped on it, forgetting of anything that may have been bothering her. After twenty minutes, she pulled the plug, and wrapped a towel that had been laid out for her. Doing as the note asked her to, she went into Nick's room and looked on the bed.

There was a bag with another card on it and she read the card first.

Saw this today and thought of you in it. Put it on and come down stairs for dinner so I can look into your beautiful eyes and tell you just how much I love you.
XoX Nick
"He's too much," Stacie said to herself as she stuck her hand in and pulled out a white summer dress with pink flowers on it. She slipped it on and was surprised that Nick got her size right. She usually was between a size four and a six and the size Nick picked out wa a four. She pulled out her make up bag from her over night bag and touched up her make up before going down stairs.

When she went down Nick was waiting at the bottom with a bouquet of mixed wild flowers. "You look beautiful," he smiled and handed me the flowers. "Stacie, everything has been right since you walked into my life and I honestly have never felt a strong for someone as I do for you. Anastasia, I love you beyond words, beyond

"Means a lot to me you know me so well. And you don't look so bad yourself Carter." He was wearing a pair of jeans and a nice dress shirt.

"Well, you're not exactly a dressy girly girl, simple and sweet I like to say. Are you hungry?"

"Yes, it smells good." Nick took her hand and walked her into the dining room where he had dinner spread out on the table, two candles were lit. Nick pulled out a chair for Stacie and then took a seat himself. "Nick this is really sweet of you."

"You deserve it."

"Even after leaving you the other day?"

"I knew you'd be back," Nick grinned and served the food.

"How so?"

"Because I am irresistible."
~*~*Two Days Later*~*~

"Thanks for meeting me Nick," Payton said sitting at the table at a cafe shop.

"No problem. What can I do for you?"

"Do you want something to drink, coffee?"

"I'm all set, I can't stay too long actually. I have to meet with our tour manager later."

"Oh, alright. I just wanted to apologize again for just coming over the other night. I've felt really bad about it."

"It's really not a problem, we're glad we could be there for you. Have you talked to Eric since that morning when Stacie came to see you."

"A couple of times asking me back but maybe I just need to be myself for a while," Payton shrugged a shoulder and sipped her coffee.

"I can understand that."

"You can?"

"Sure, I've been in relationships where I just need a break and take time to remember who I am."

"Well, enough about me. Are you and Stace okay?"

"Stronger than ever. I really love her."

"That's great. How is she today? I was kinda surprised you agreed to meet me."

"She was fine when she left this morning, what do you mean?"

"It's just Ryan's birthday."

"It is? She didn't mention it to me."

"Oh, maybe she didn't want you to know. Where did she go this morning?"

"She just said she had some things to take care of." Nick watched as Payton ran a hand through her short hair and had a look of worry in her eyes. "Should I be worried?"

"I don't know, probably not. I just don't know why she wouldn't tell you, she's probably at his grave all day."

"I thought he died in Buffalo, NY though."

"He did but they lived here, so he's buried at the cemetery off of third street. She mentioned she might go when I talked to her about it a couple of days ago." Nick looked down at his watch. "I hope she can handle it."

"I have to head out Payton. I will talk to you later okay?" Nick put a hand on Here this is for your coffee," Nick threw a ten on the table and got up.

"Go ahead, run off to her. She won't be around much longer and you and I can be together."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Look if it weren't important Howie I would be there. Please it's just a preliminary meeting to start talking about this tour that might not even happen. I'll meet up with you guys later and you can fill me in."

"Alright man, call me later."

"Thanks," Nick hung up the phone and continued to drive to where Payton said Hailey might may be. He pulled through open iron gates and slowly drove up a hill and down another one, looking side to side for Stacie.

He turned around a corner and out in the middle he saw Stacie kneeling down in front of a head stone. He parked his car and thought for a moment on whether or not he should even be there. Maybe there was a reason she didn't tell him where she was going that day. Nick felt as though he should be there for her and go out, trying his best to close his car door quietly.

Slowly, he walked up to his long haired girlfriend and put his hands into his pocket. "Don't you know not to sneak up on anyone in a cemetery Nick?"

"How did you know it was me?"

"I could smell your cologne. What are you doing here?"

"I met with Payton this morning and-"

"Met with her?"

"She called me as I was heading out and asked if she could meet with me. She wanted to apologize again for the other night."

"She told you I was here?"

"Yeah, she said she thought you might be here."

"Might? I told her last night I would be here and also told you not to mention it to you."

"Stace why wouldn't you tell me?" Nick asked concerned and Stacie stood up and looked into Nick's eyes.

"What was I supposed to say? 'Hey Nick I'm going to go see my dead fiance today because it's his birthday.' Seriously Nick."

"Well, yeah."

"I guess I just don't want you to think that I haven't moved on. I'm here because I feel like I have to be. I'm with you now and I don't know. I'm here for more than just his birthday, I wanted to say goodbye."

"Anastasia I know that it's going to continue to take time and it is only time that is going to completely heel you. But I really want to be here for you during that time and I want us to be open and honest with one another."

"I'm sorry Nick."

"Come here," Nick pulled Stacie into his arm and kissed the top of his head. "No more secrets?"

"No more," she pulled away a little. "There's someone I want you to meet, he's already given me his blessings for us to be together. Nick this is Ryan, Ryan Nick." Stacie held Nick's hand.

"Hi Ryan. It's a pleasure to meet you, I wish it were under better circumstances. I just want you to know that I am going to take care of and treat Stacie in only the best ways. I do truly love her and I know exactly why you had asked for her hand in marriage." Nick again had pulled Stacie to him, so her back was leaning against the front of Nick.

"I love you too," Stacie tilted her head back and Nick leaned over to kiss her lips. "Didn't you have a meeting at like," she looked at her watch, "now?"

"The fellas can handle it without me. I had somewhere more important to be. Do you want to stay longer, I can just head home."

"No, I'm good. Just give me a minute to say my final good-bye." Nick kissed her again and then said, "Nice meeting you," and walked towards his car.

Stacie watched as Nick went to his car and leaned against it with his back. She then looked down to the grave. "I guess this is it Ryan. I will always love you but like I said earlier, it's time for me to move on and give someone else my love. Happy birthday Ry," she kissed her finger tips and placed them on the head stone and stood up. She walked over to her car that was parked in front of Nick's and went to him first.

"You want to go home?"

"I just want to snuggle with you," she put her arms around him.

"Your place or mine?"

"How about mine, I have to get my medicine, I didn't take it today."

"See you there," they kissed each other briefly and got into their cars.
_________________