- Text Size +
"So have you thought about coming on tour with us any more?" Nick asked Stacie holding her hand as they walked down the beach. The sun was setting, reflecting off the water. It looked as though a million diamonds had been thrown into the water and sparkled endlessly.

"I have," she told Nick and stopped walking. They both took a seat into the cool sand to watch the sun go down. "And honestly Nick, I don't know if this categorizes me as crazy but I can't stand the thought of being more than a few hours apart from you. And if you'll still have me, I'd love to come and be your guys' trainer." She leaned into him and kissed his lips. "You have my heart, how could I not go."

"You make me feel so good, how do you do that?"

"I'm just that good," she winked and kissed Nick again. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her cheek.

"You fit perfectly in my arms, you're truly an angel sent to me." The continued to kiss and Stacie pulled away.

"We missed the sunset," she pouted a little.

"I was looking at something more beautiful."

"Who knew, Nick Carter could be such a charmer."

"There's a lot to get to know about Nick Carter."

"I'm looking forward to taking the time in getting to know you. I feel like you know me so much more."

"I'm lucky to know you at all."

"You really have been able to open me up though. There's no one else I've been able to just be me."

"I know the feeling." They stayed in each other's arms a little longer and the stars began to appear in the sky. "Come on let's get you in, I can tell you're fading on me."

"I am a little tired," Nick had stood up and took Stacie's hands into his, helping her to her feet. They went into Nick's house and into the kitchen to make dinner.

"What do you want?" Nick asked looking into his refrigerator.

"Something light," she shrugged and looked into the refrigerator with him. "Mmm, strawberries," she reached inside and pulled out the bowl of strawberries she had washed and put in the day before.

"You need something more," Nick told her but she stuck a strawberry into his mouth and then went on her tip toes to kiss kiss Nick.

"I have all I want, you and these strawberries," she then took the bowl and ran up stairs into Nick's room. Nick followed her quickly and then jumped on the bed.

"Strawberries might do for dinner tonight," Nick said in a sexy tone and crawled beside Stacie. "But I think I'll take dessert first," he said as he kissed Stacie hard on the lips. She let out a soft moan and then pulled Nick on top of her.

"I want you," she whispered and bit his lip before kissing him some more.
~*~*~*~*~
"Nicky wake up," Stacie kissed Nick's bare chest.

"I don't wanna," he whined and put his face into the pillow.

"It's a beautiful day and I have they day planned for you."

"Oh yeah?"

"Uh hmm, but you need to get your butt up first."

"Are you going to feed me? I am kinda hungry after only having strawberries for dinner." Nick asked with his eyes still closed.

"Maybe, now get up!" She pulled the sheets off of Nick.

"Hey," Nick sat up. "You should've just told me you had your swim suit on, I would've been up in a heart beat."

"Where would the fun be, now get your shorts on and I'll be down stairs."

"It's only six-thirty."

"You know the drill, let's go!" She bounded out of his room and down stairs.

After another ten minutes, Nick finally appeared down the steps yawning. "Drink this and walk," Stacie kissed Nick's cheek, handing him a mug of coffee and went out the sliding glass door. They went down the beach, boards in their hands and Stacie talked about how great the waves were looking.

"You took your medicine?" Nick asked.

"Yes Dad, now let's go in!" She threw her towel into the sand and ran out into the water. Nick shook his head, took a long sip of his coffee and set the mug down and went into the water.

They continued to surf for the next hour until the waves calmed down and the sun had fully rose. The air was warming up, there wasn't a cloud in the blue sky and it was as though nothing could go wrong. Heading back up to the house Nick asked Stacie what else she had planned. She just told him to get into the car and go with the flow. This is exactly what Nick did and got into the passenger seat of Stacie's car.

"Tomorrow I have the long day of meetings with the fellas," Nick said putting his sun glasses on.

"I know, that's why today I wanted you to have fun and be relaxed. I know things are going to start getting busy. We can probably start our work outs again the day after tomorrow."

"Just as long as you're feeling up to it."

"I was able to surf without blacking out, that's a start," she laughed lightly.

"Very true." Nick then watched Stacie as she drove. The windows were down, the sun roof was opened and her hair flowed in the wind. The golden locks captured the sun and Nick smiled as her eyes sparkled.

"You're staring," she said as a matter-of-fact.

"You look amazing today," he smiled, referring to the white tank top she had on and jean mini skirt over her bikini.

"And you're not looking so bad yourself Carter." She winked and then put her sunglasses that were on top of her head over her eyes.

A few minutes later Stacie pulled into a parking spot and Nick began grinning.

"Last time we were on the boat, it didn't turn out to be the best. But now it's just you and I and the ocean. I would've had you like meet me here and I could've pulled the boat out but then I remembered I didn't want any more accidents," she laughed a little and unbuckled her seat belt. They climbed out of the car and Stacie popped the trunk, pulling out a cooler.

"Please tell me there is food in there," Nick joked.

"Actually just water bottles," she said seriously handing Nick the cooler and pulling out a large beach bag.

"What?!"

"I'm kidding, I packed a large lunch and snacks Nick."

"Don't scare me like that."

"Sorry." They walked hand in hand to the boat launch, where Stacie got in and Nick got the boat ready.

Within ten minutes, they were out in the ocean, speeding into open waters to spend an unforgettable day together.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It was six o'clock when Nick and Stacie decided to head back in. As though it were on their sides, the sun was slowly heading down and Nick got into the drivers seat to drive.

"Nick wait, I want to give you something," Stacie stood up and pulled out a box from the large beach bag.

"What's this?" He asked as she handed him the brown wooden box, shaped as treasure chest.

"Open it," she sat on Nick's lap, her arm around his neck, soothing his hair back. He looked one more time up into her eyes and then carefully opened the box.

He then began to go through the contents one by one. There were a bunch of large, silver charms scattered on the bottom.

"There's a charm for each moment that has ever meant something to me," she bit her lower lip nervously. "The surfboard, well, I think that's for obvious reasons, the music note for your love of music and helping me express my voice better. The crutches, although you were hurt because of your ankle, is to remind us how we met."

"How could I forget?" Nick laughed and picked up another charm.

"This heart here, is my heart and it fully belongs to you Nick." Nick then picked up the sun.

"For our surfing at sunrise and our walks at sunset?" Nick told her and she nodded her head. He also found a charm of a roller blade, for the first time they went together, and Nick made a fool of himself.

"The snowflake is for when you took me to the mountains, that's when I first knew I was in love with you."

"Is this boat for today?"

"Yeah," Stacie said almost shyly. There were also a few pictures of Nick and Stacie together, a couple movie tickets, sea shells and a letter.

*This is a chest that has our memories of the best times together locked up. It will continued to be filled, as you and I grow closer and our love grows stronger. You have been rock, (thus the cool rock that I found on the beach one time in here) during times I didn't think I was strong enough to hold myself up.

I am blessed and thankful every day that I have you as a part of my life. No matter where our future may go from here, I will love you and cherish the moments; the good and the bad.

Whenever you may feel alone, lost or just want an extra reason to show off that amazing smile, open this chest. Keep it close to you as I keep you close to my heart.

With all my love.
~*Anastasia*~

"Do you like?" Stacie asked Nick as he folded the piece of paper up, placed it into the chest and closed it.

"Baby, this has to be, the most meaningful gift I have ever gotten. I don't know what to say."

"Just kiss me and show me what you may want to say," she smiled and Nick put his hand behind her head,pulling her to his lips and kissing her with every inch of love in his body.
~*~*~*~
"So what are you going to do while I am gone all day?" Nick asked wrapping his arms around Stacie to say good-bye.

"Well, I'm going to stop over to Payton's because she refuses to answer my calls and is being stubborn about the other day and then I have a lacrosse game to train at four. I should be done around six-thirty."

"I should be done at five, do you want to come to my place or back here tonight?"

"You can go on home, I'll come over when I'm out."

"Sounds good, can't wait to see you later." He pulled her in for a kiss. "Mmm I am going to miss that today."

"Oh stop, I'll see you in like," she looked at her watch, it read eight am. "In about twelve hours," she laughed. "But go, you're going to be late, and then Brian will call and blame me."

"No he won't."

"Good-bye, have a good day. Tell the guys I said hello."

"Will do, I love you," he kissed her one more time.

"Love you," she smiled and Nick went out the door.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"You're serious Nick?" Brian asked sitting at the large table waiting for the meeting to begin.

"I really don't think I've been more serious in my life. She's the one."

"Well, I'm happy for you, for both of you."

"So, on lunch, you'll go with me to get a ring?"

"Get a what?" Alex asked sitting down drinking a Mountain Dew.

"I'm going to ask Anastasia to marry me."

"You're doing what?!" Howie asked taking a seat across from Nick and Brian.

"Going to ask Stace to marry me."

"I never thought I'd hear Nick say those words." Howie admitted.

"Hey, I'm right here."

"Sorry, but congrats man." Howie smiled.

"So Rok?"

"Sure, I'll go with you, we all will."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Stacie had reached Payton's house and put her sunglasses up on top of her head. She got out of her car and went to the front door to ring the door bell. She rang it three times and waiting a minute or two before the door finally opened.

"Hey," she said as Payton appeared at the door.

"Hi," said and leaned against the door frame.

"Can I come in?" Stacie asked and Payton hesitated for a moment before stepping to the side and letting Stacie in.

"I just want to talk about the other day and you know I hate when we fight." Stacie said.

"I'm over it." Payton said simply and they went into kitchen and took a seat at the table.

"Then why haven't you been answering my phone calls?"

"Want something to drink?" She asked ignoring the question.

"I'm fine, thanks. So, the phone?"

"I've been busy. We have the same job, you know how it goes."

"Yes but seriously P. I never meant to hurt you, I know you were close with Ryan and I just over reacted."

"It probably was weird to see the pictures out, I just had been thinking of him that day for some reason."

"I know how that goes."

"We're cool?"

"Yeah, we cool," Stacie laughed and they hugged each other. Just then Payton's phone rang, held up her finger to say, 'hold on a minute' and answered it. "I'm just going to use your bathroom." Payton nodded her head and Stacie went up stairs to use the bathroom. When she was done, she noticed the music playing from Payton's bedroom, recognizing, Nick's voice immediately. It was "I Need You Tonight," the song ended and it was on repeat.

Allowing curiosity getting the best of her again, she opened the door and went inside the bedroom. As she walked over to the stereo to turn it off, she saw a large chest opened. It was almost like a shrine, of Nick. There were pictures that were clearly of him and Stacie together but Stacie had either been cut out or Payton's face had been cropped in to replace her face. She then saw the sharpie markers and pictures of her broken in windshield and her and Nick standing outside the car.

"You never know when to stop being nosy do you," Stacie jumped at Payton's voice.

"Payton, explain this to me. There is a good explanation for this, I know." Stacie was now standing, still holding the picture of her and Nick at her car the day it had been broken into.

"Like what? All I have for you is, yeah I did that."

"What, why? I don't understand."

"Are you really that naive or just dumb." She then walked over to a shelf and pulled out the box Stacie had seen before the pictures of Ryan. She then dumped out the contents onto the bed for Stacie. "I guess you really didn't get a good enough look last time, look at these pictures," she handed Stacie pictures of Payton and Ryan together, a couple of them she remembered being taken but then there was a picture of Payton and Ryan kissing.

"You, kissed Ryan?" She stumbled over her words.

"Kissed, made out, slept with, numerous times. He was really in love with me don't you see."

"You're lying, we were engaged."

"Well, the day he died, was the day he was going to tell you everything. You've blocked out that day, doctor's blamed in on trauma. He told me he was going to boarding and you were skiing that day. He put on YOUR ski bindings, he wasn't supposed to ski."

"He barely boarded though."

"He told me he was going to that day, I thought the skis in the garage were yours."

"Payton you-"

"Broke the bindings before you guys went on that mountain. YOU were supposed to be skiing, YOU'RE supposed to be dead, not him. I knew he would've backed out, he didn't have the balls to break up with you." Payton handed Stacie a letter that was written in Ryan's hand writing. Tears threatened to pour out of Stacie's eyes, as the words, "I love you Payton," and "I promise we'll be together soon," and "forever," popped out of at her.

"So, you've been writing the threats and breaking in."

"Yeah but now I've moved on from Ryan and well, Nick's going to be mine."

"Nick could never love you. Especially after he finds out what you've done." Stacie still holding the letter turned away from Payton and began to head for the door but Payton stood in front of it.

"Out of my way," Stacie pushed Payton but Payton stood at least five inches taller than Stacie and blocked the doorway.

"I don't think so." She took a hold of Stacie's throat and pushed her hard backwards, Stacie tripped over the chest and fell hard on the ground, her head hitting the corner of the dresser as she fell knocking her out. "Oops, look what I've done." Payton smiled and took Stacie's on consciousness to her advantage to dispose of Stacie.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"This ring is definitely perfect for Stacie, simple and elegant," Brian told Nick as Nick put the small velvet box in his pocket.

"Now I have to come up with the perfect way to ask her. I should take her out for dinner tonight."

"You might want to give her a call and make sure she doesn't grab something after work."

"True," Nick took out his cell and called Stacie. It was only one and knew she wouldn't be at work yet, so when she didn't answer, he was a bit surprised. "Hey baby, it's me. Just calling to tell you not eat dinner tonight, I thought we could go out, let's say eight? Hope your day is going well, love you." Nick hung up and then called to make dinner reservations at a nice Italian restaurant.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Payton, it doesn't have to be this way. Just let me go," Stacie said weakly as Payton drove her somewhere. Stacie's head pounded and she wanted to sleep, she had a concussion and did her best to stay awake. When her phone rang, Payton reached across and pulled it out of my pocket and looked at it.

"Can't he go a few hours without you?" Payton then threw the cell phone out the window and Stacie put her head back and let the tears of frustrations lip down her cheeks.