- Text Size +
 

"AJ...oh AJ..." a soft feminine voice called out to him.

AJ slowly cracked open his eyes as he pushed his hat up.  He looked around through the slit in his eyes but saw nothing.

"Aaaaajaaaay..." the voice called out again.

AJ opened his eyes and lifted his head in an attempt to find who the voice belonged to.

"Oh good, you're awake," the voice cooed.

AJ furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, not able to locate the owner of that sexy voice.  There was no woman in the car.  There was only Nick.  Last time AJ checked, Nick's voice didn't sound like that.  Besides, Nick was still sleeping.

"Umm...hello?" AJ whispered.

"I've been waiting for you to wake up AJ," she said.

"Who's there?"

"Over here," the voice cooed into AJ's right ear.

AJ turned his head to the right.  That's when he saw it.  The back rest of the leather seat between him and Nick had a face.  It wasn't like a real face, everything was still the color of the leather, but there were big pale eyes with long eyelashes, a cute little button nose, and full sexy lips.

AJ shook his head.  Had he just called the seat's lips sexy?  Then his eyes widened in realization.  The seat had a face.  That was talking to him!  He quickly squeezed his eyes shut and re-opened them, hoping he'd just been seeing things.  Nope.  It was still there.

"Did I lose my mind?" AJ asked himself.  There was absolutely no way a leather seat could be talking to him!

"Of course you haven't lost your mind, silly!"

AJ's head jerked back front.  He recognized that voice.  But what was he doing here?  Besides, there hadn't been anyone there a few seconds ago.  Sure AJ found the fact that the car had been driving itself slightly odd.  That was nowhere near as odd as who he found in the front seat.

"Kevin?" AJ questioned, "What are you doing here?  You're not supposed to be on tour with us!"

"He's with her," the seat cooed.

AJ shot the seat a glare, not wanting her...it's help.  Regardless, he turned his head to see who the seat had been referring to.  There in the passenger seat, which had also previously been empty, sat...

"Leighanne?  Shouldn't you be in Brian's car?"

"No silly, I'm love Kevin now," Leighanne giggled and turned towards AJ.

AJ watched her turn towards him and realized that something was definitely wrong.  Things got even more weird, if that was possible.

"When did you...how did you...you have...I don't..."

Kevin grinned at Leighanne, squeezing her hand with his, "Don't you just love the mustache and beard?!?  I fell in love with her the second I saw it!"

Leighanne giggled again.  This prompted Kevin to reach up and stroke her long, blonde, curly beard.  That, of course, set of another fit of happy giggles from Leighanne.  AJ shook his head, trying to shake the images from his mind.

"This can't be happening...I have to be dreaming...I'm going back to sleep now," AJ muttered.

"Oh you can't go back to sleep AJ.  It's time to wake up," the seat informed him, "Don't you want to see the sights?"

"Yes AJ, don't you want to see the sights?"

AJ looked down in the direction the second voice came from.  The magazine laying on the seat between him and Nick had begun talking as well.  AJ squeezed his eyes shut again, willing himself back to sleep.

"It's not real, it's just a dream," he quietly repeated to himself over and over again.

"AJ..." the seat kept calling out to him over and over again.

"Aaaaajaaaay..." the magazine echoed.

Slowly the voices began to transform, deepen.  He felt his body shake, but he didn't want to open his eyes.

"Dude, wake up!" Nick yelled.

AJ cracked his eyes open once again, "Oh thank God!"

"What?" Nick, Howie and Brian were all confused at his outburst.

"It wasn't real," AJ muttered.

"What wasn't?" Howie wanted clarification.

"I just had this dream...the seat was talking...Leighanne was with Kevin...she had a beard..." AJ trailed off when he saw the expressions on the guys' faces, "Never mind.  Let's just go."