- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for the reviews ya'll!! I'm really glad that you all like the story so far, and I can only hope that I deliver. Please keep the reviews coming!! =]

“We have arrived sir.”

He looked up at his chauffeur, who had opened the limo door and held it open for him. He gave a slight nod as he pushed himself out of the seat and climbed out of the limo. He stepped out onto the sidewalk and had straightened out his pure white tuxedo and the rich golden brown mink coat he wore over it.

“Wait here.” he instructed his chauffeur as he made his way into the apartment complex they were parked outside of.

Two suited men that were standing by the door had immediately reached for the handles and had pulled and held the door open for him to walk through. Once he was inside, he slowly strolled over to the receptionist counter, where three of his main men stood.

“Roberto.” one of the three men addressed him while the other two slightly bowed to acknowledge his presence.

“Where is he?” was all Roberto asked.

“Apartment number 308.” the man who had addressed him replied.

Roberto casually made his way over towards the elevators, waiting patiently for one of the two cabs to reach the bottom level. Once the left elevator’s cab reached the bottom, it sounded out a *ding* and the doors slid open. He stepped onto the elevator first, followed by an entourage of men in black tuxedos. As Roberto began making his way towards “Apartment 308”, two men followed him close behind while the other dispersed and began guarding the floor.

“So, are we gonna be nice and knock or should we make a grand entrance?” Roberto asked no one in particular.

The man on his left pulled out a key from his pocket. “We were able to get the receptionist to give us the extra key.”

Roberto smirked as he slightly backed away from the door, “I always love making a grand entrance.”

The man with the key reached out and had placed it in the keyhole, jiggling it around until the door clicked. He twisted the knob and opened the door, holding it open for Roberto to walk in. BJ, who was still in the living room doing her yoga workout, turned around thinking it was her younger brother walking through the door, but gasped when she found a mob of suited men making their way into their unit.

“Dad!” she screamed out as she ran out of the living room.

Roberto turned towards the two men that were standing behind him. “Someone go take care of her.”

As BJ continued running through the hall to try and find her father, she immediately came to a halt when she felt something hard and sharp slam into her back. She stood there motionless for a while, until she felt her body jerk forward as more bullets entered her body. Her legs immediately gave way, causing her to collapse down to her knees and crumble to the floor, a pool of blood flowing from her body.

Upon hearing her daughter scream and the sound of gunshots, Jane immediately ran out into the hall, to find her eldest daughter lying on the floor, dead, and a group of men standing a few feet away from her corpse.

“Oh my god…” Jane choked out as tears immediately filled her eyes. “Billie!” she screamed as she ran over to her fallen daughter, looking her lifeless form over as she grabbed BJ’s head and placed it upon her lap.

Roberto stepped forward, taking the scene in. “Where’s your husband?”

Through tear clouded eyes, Jane glared up at the man who was speaking to her. “Why did you kill my baby girl, why?” she cried out.

Roberto took a deep breath in and sighed, “I’m gonna ask you again… where is your husband?”

“I don’t know…” Jane cried in a hush voice.

Roberto stood there for a while, staring down at the broken woman in front of her. Without warning, he shot out his hand and had grabbed a fistful of her hair, hauling her to her feet. “This is the last time I’m asking you, where the fuck is your husband?” he spat out this time.

“I don’t know, I don’t fucking know!” Jane screamed her reply as Roberto’s grip on her hair tightened.

Meanwhile, Bob was hiding behind the wall, peering from around the corner to see what was happening. As soon as he heard the gunshots go off, he quickly made his way to Leslie and had told her to grab the twins, Angel and Aaron, and to hide in the closet, making her promise that they would stay in the closet no matter what.

“Jane,” Robert said in a soft voice, “you’re only making this harder on your family. We came here for your husband, all we want to do is talk to him. None of this had to happen.” he said as he gestured down to the corpse, that was now sending a odious stench into the atmosphere.

Jane looked down at her dead daughter again, tears running down her face. “He’s not here.” she whispered.

Roberto stared at her and shook his head. He rose his hand and snapped two times, and the man standing behind him rose his gun and shot Jane right in the head. Bob, who was still hiding behind the wall, gasped as he saw the bullet tear through his wife’s head, causing blood to splatter out.

“Bobby!” Roberto called out in a sing-song voice. “Come out, come out, wherever you are…”

Bob pushed himself away from the wall he was hiding behind and was looking for somewhere to go. There wasn’t many places he could hide, their apartment consisting of three rooms, one bathroom and a little kitchenette that led right into the small living room. He had decided that he needed to get away from the rooms, for that’s where his other kids were, and had began making his way to the kitchenette, hoping that he could lead the men away from the rooms.

As soon as Bob entered the kitchen, he found a man digging through their refrigerator, but he was oblivious to Bob being there, for his back was facing him. Just as Bob turned around to walk back the way he came, he found himself facing a suited man that stood behind him.

“Going somewhere Bobby?” the man asked with a smirk.

Bob quickly backed away from him, looking around the kitchen, realizing that he had nowhere to go. Roberto stepped into the kitchen, walking slowly and casually towards Bob.

“Bobby, Bobby, Bobby…” Roberto said as he shook his head, “why are you hiding from me?”

Bob didn’t answer. Instead, he just stood there, feeling their stares burning holes into his body. Roberto began walking alongside the kitchen counter, his fingers dragging lazily across the countertop. “Did you hear or see what happened to your daughter and wife? If not, well… they’re dead because of you. You were nowhere to be found for their final moments. You know, they both would still be alive if only you gave yourself up. I really hate going after my worker’s families when this has nothing to do with them… all because of money being in the hands of a person that the money doesn’t belong to. Where’s my cash Bobby?”

“I told you I’d have it for you by tonight.”

“Wrong answer!” Roberto exclaimed. “Where… the fuck… is my money Bobby?”

“I said I wou-”

“Stop!” Roberto interjected. “Just say it… you don’t have my money, do you?”

“I have half of it, I’m supposed to be getting the rest of it tonight.”

Roberto stared long and hard at Bob. “You’re supposed to be getting the rest of it tonight?” he asked. When Bob gave a slight nod, he simply turned around and began walking out of the kitchen. “Don’t even worry about it, because you’re fucking through.”

Before another word was said, guns turned on Bob and began firing, sending bullet after bullet into his body. Before leaving the unit, Roberto turned towards one of his men, “No one, and I mean no one, gets out of here alive. Do a clean sweep and kill them all.”

“Yes boss.”

Roberto resumed walking out, but before he did, he turned towards a picture that was hanging right near the door. It was a family picture with the words “Home Sweet Home” printed below it. He gave a small grin before he punched the picture, causing the glass to shatter. He brushed the remaining shards of glass away and grabbed the picture, pulling it out of the frame. He stared at the picture, studying the seven members of the family, and then crumpled the photo within his hand, shoving it into his coat pocket.

The men continued searching the unit to kill whoever was left. They went through each room, tearing it apart before they left. One of the men walked into a bedroom and had looked around, noticing that the room must’ve belonged to the girls of the family. He flipped over the mattresses and had looked under the beds, finding no one.

As he continued to destroy the room, Leslie looked on through the cracks in the closet. She had managed to keep her younger twin siblings quiet the whole time, and she could only hope that they remained silent until the man left. Just when Leslie thought that they were in the clear, little baby Aaron started grumbling. Leslie’s eyes widened as she quickly placed her hand over Aaron’s mouth, in hopes to silent her younger brother.

The man immediately shot a look over towards the closed closet. He slowly made his way towards the closet, gun in hand, aimed and ready to fire. He reached for the handle and was about to pull it open to see who was in the closet, but he figured it was the kids. Sighing heavily, he stepped away from the closet, suddenly not wanting to open it. He really didn’t think he had the heart to shoot and kill children.

Leslie released a slow, shaky breath when she saw the man step away from the closet a bit. She gasped when she heard the gun cock. The man closed his eyes and began spraying bullets into the closed closet. He closed his eyes when he heard the agonizing scream from the child, but continued firing his gun. When his gun started clicking, he knew he had fired all his bullets and was shooting nothing but blanks now. He had wanted the closet to remain close because he couldn’t bring himself to open it and look into the eyes of the children before killing them.