- Text Size +

Ernie stood holding his last bag as Dave piled the luggage into their rental and a sad smile on his face. “You better be good to her” he glared playfully at Nick, who hugged Raidyn from behind.

“I will…” he nodded, no smile.

Raidyn lunged at Ernie and hugged him tight. “I never thought we would part.” she felt a stubborn tear run down her cheek. “I’m going to miss you sooo much!” she kissed his cheek.

“Me too…” he choked putting his hand to his mouth “Now stop it. I’m not dying you know. I’m just going to another state to be a nerd. I love you…never forget that.” he kissed her once again and then turned to Mia “Honey…I’m going to miss you too.” he hugged Mia and the tears just began to spill “Oh baby…don’t cry.” he wiped her eyes with his hands, then whispered into her ear “Please take care of yourself and that baby.” he winked at her.

“Dave please be good to our Ernie…” Raidyn hugged Dave quickly.

Dave smiled brightly his eyes as blue as Adam’s, he was way shorter and seemed much nicer. “Definitely…have no worries Raidyn. He‘ll certainly be calling you everyday.”

They hopped into the car “Farewell my darlings…” Ernie waved and then zoomed off.

Raidyn already felt the empty feeling in her gut, she had never been far from Ernie for so long. She felt Nick’s arm around her “He’ll be fine baby…he’s going to miss you just as much. Come on let’s get something to eat.” he pulled her into the truck.

A little later the two girls walked gloomily into the small café, Nick trailing behind the waiters and owner greeting him. They scooted into a booth and looked over the menus quietly.

“So you guys are going to ignore me the rest of the day…?” he asked with an exaggerated pout. “I’m hurt! Come on girls let’s do something today.” he smiled.

“I’m not in the mood for fun Nick. I’m in the same dress as last night and these heels are killing me seriously. I just want to go home.” Mia muttered “Oh shit…bathroom?” she leaped up and ran in the direction that Nick held out his finger.

“Something is definitely wrong with her. Did you notice that she didn’t talk to anyone at the club, she didn’t dance, drink, laugh…she just sat in a corner sipping on a coke.” Nick informed with a raised eyebrow.

Raidyn finally turned to look at him with stern eyes “You seemed to be pretty occupied watching her movements…” now she raised an eyebrow.

He smiled “Aw my baby is jealous…well I had to do something instead of wondering were Raidyn Gonzalez was making out with…”

“Ok…ok…I get it. Sorry! Yeah, something is up with her, but she wont talk to me. You know…” she turned to face him, “Maybe you can talk to her…” she grinned with a nod.

“Me?” he pointed at himself.

“Uh you are the only other person at this table Nick! Come on…please for me!” she tilted her head and pouted “Please maybe she will tell you and then you can tell me.”

He rolled his eyes “Ok…fine…I’ll talk to her…” he looked at his phone “It’s AJ he’s about ten minutes away.”

“Ok well I’m going to call my mother she should be home right now. Hope my dad doesn’t answer…I’ll give you guys time to talk…” she kissed him and stood up.

He grabbed her hand “Ray…” she turned “What if she doesn’t’ want you to know?”

Before she could answer, Mia was taking a seat on her side of the table. “Where are you headed?” she questioned Raidyn taking a sip of her water.

“Oh I’m going to call mom so that she doesn’t think that Nick killed us or something. You know mom and her vivid imagination.” she smiled and walked away.

A couple of seconds later Nick spoke “You look like hell…” Nick muttered taking a sip of his coke “Everything ok?” he turned his attention to her.

“What? I’m fine…I just feel sick to my stomach. Maybe I’m hungry.” she looked away, drilling her fingers over the table.

He shrugged “Alright if you say so…” he pretended to be engrossed in text messaging.

Mia sighed, maybe it would be good to let him know now. He was asking what was wrong and he was part of it. But then he would be all nervous the rest of the day, no, the rest of the following months. If she decided to keep it, it would all come down to their support. “Well…there is something…”

He put his phone down and placed his arms on the table “Well spill it…Ray is very worried.”

She drew back “No, this is something that you can’t tell Raidyn…no one. It’s between me, you and well AJ…”

“What the hell do I have to do with it Mia?” he looked at her puzzled. “Just spit it out, before Ray gets back.”

She leaned over the table, their faces close “I’m…” she swallowed, looking around making sure no one else was listening on their conversation. “I’m pregnant Nick!”

He quickly moved back and leaned against the wall “What? Well what does that have to do with…OH FUCK” he slapped his forehead as the color drained from his face. “Well…how…it could be AJ’s too? Right?”

Raidyn waltzed up “Ok she was already worried…” she giggled then stopped, as she caught sight of Nick’s face and Mia’s teary eyes. “Did I miss something? Everything ok?”

“Oh everything is fine Ray. You worry to much…” Mia looked at Nick and then Raidyn. Just as Raidyn sat down, the food was placed on the table.

AJ came waltzing in, talking and flirting with the waitresses. “Hello there…” he greeted the table and took a seat next to Mia, removing his sunglasses. “Nick you look like you got ran over by a train.” he smirked “I see something else happened last night.” he looked over at Raidyn now. “They kicked your ass…hum…let me guess…ADAM” he chuckled. “That asshole”

“Very funny…instead of leaving with your two whores you could have stayed.” Nick retorted, giving him a ‘you’re an asshole’ look.

“SORRY!” AJ shrugged turning his attention to Mia who gobbled down her food “Haven’t been eating lately…?” he teased.

“Sh…ut…up” she snapped with her mouth half fool.

Raidyn just laughed and looked over at Nick, who stared at Mia intently. What if he was the dad? What would Raidyn say? She would kill him, leave him. He suddenly felt the severity of the situation hit him and he kissed Ray’s cheek.

She turned to look at him surprised “What’s the matter?” she asked sticking a fry in his mouth. He nodded as he chewed the fry “You two are acting really weird. Aren’t they AJ?” she questioned the tattooed man.

He grinned chomping on the burger Nick had ordered him. “Yeah they are…hum…maybe they have a secret that we don’t know.” he raised his eyebrows towards Nick.

“Actually I think we should take a walk on the beach today…what do you think AJ?” Mia wiped her mouth.

He nodded with a smile “Sure…sounds good to me” he took another bite.

After eating Nick and Raidyn rode in his truck to the Santa Monica pier. The car was quiet Raidyn stared out the window, while he leaned against the door, his brain was functioning at full speed. Throwing him question after question, with no answers to help him. How could he ask a girl like that to have an abortion, he didn‘t even know for certain if it was his. What if it was AJ‘s? He sighed hard.

Behind them followed AJ and Mia in his black Mercedes. “So What the hell was going on with you and Nick at the restaurant? Your not still fucking him behind Raidyn’s back are you?” he looked at her suspiciously.

Her mouth dropped slightly at his offensive insinuation “No…you ass!! That was a one time thing and it wouldn’t have happened if she would have told me ahead of time that she liked him.” she crossed her arms under her chest “Stop AJ I’m going to be…” before he could come to a stop she threw up in the car.

“Aw fuck Mia!!” he rolled his windows down quickly, gagging at the smell. “Damn it” They finally parked and Mia began to cry “Oh no…don’t cry…it’s ok. It can get cleaned up…” he flinched at the mess. “Well someone else is going to clean it up.” he caressed her back “Be right back…” She just stared out the window, her stomach churning.

Nick and Raidyn hugged as they leaned against the front of his truck “Are you alright. Did she tell you something?” Raidyn asked, holding on to Nick’s neck.

“Uh…no, she didn’t tell me shit. She just said she was feeling sick lately and that she would have to go to a doctor.” he cleared his throat, hating that he was lying to Raidyn.

“Oh well in that case she will never go to a doctor, she hates them.”

“Well she has to go…” he stated firmly.

Raidyn looked at him startled “Your pretty worried about her. Are you sure…” he was cut off by AJ running up to them.

“Yo…here take this…” AJ handed Raidyn a wad of cash “And buy Mia some new clothes…”

She looked at him startled “What happened?”

“She blew chunks all over herself” he bit his knuckles and whimpered “And all over my baby…just go please” he demanded.

Nick and Raidyn made way to the store and found some shorts and a T-shirt with flip flops. Nick insisting on her buying some for herself instead of wearing the same clothes and shoes. She only bought a shirt and flip flops for herself, unwilling to be embarrassed if her size of shorts weren’t available.

The girls headed to the bathroom as the guys got busy cleaning up the mess. Mia leaned against the wall, her face was pale and she looked like she would pass out. “Mia are you sure your ok? You look like your going to pass out?” Raidyn stood close to her, a hand on Mia’s shoulder.

“I’m fine…” she moved over to the sink, splashing her face with water “It might be the food it made me sick.” she forced a smile as she pulled off her dress, staying only in her undergarments.

“Mia we can go into a stall to do that…” Raidyn insisted, looking around at the girls staring at them.

“Oh please come on I have to rinse off.” she began for the door.

“Mia…your in your underwear…” Raidyn insisted following the girl with all the clothes in her hand. “Mia…”

Mia walked out in only her bra and thong, by now the guys were standing at the doorway waiting. “What in the hell is she doing?” AJ questioned staring at Mia’s body. He laughed as he watched Raidyn’s cheeks flushed with embarrassment as her sister rinsed the vomit off her legs. “Ha…look at Ray she is mortified.”

“Did you know that she’s pregnant.” Nick blurted staring at the two girls, no emotion on his face. “Pregnant…like I need that now.” Nick continued to mumble.

“Damn already? I didn’t even know you were fucking her already. She’s not so innocent is she?” AJ teased nudging Nick, then stopped as he followed Nick’s gaze on Mia. “Mia!! You got Mia knocked up?” his eyes flew open. “Now wonder she barfed right after I insinuated that you two were still fucking!”

“Would you stop saying that word? No…I we have not, it‘s from the last time…listen there is more possibility that you did that damage than me.” the twosome began to argue lightly over who had the stronger sperm.

Meanwhile Mia pulled on her shirt and shorts outside and stuck her feet into the flip flops. “Much better…” she smiled at the people staring at her, Raidyn cocking an eyebrow at her.

“You love attention don’t you…bitch!” Raidyn laughed “Now go with me so I can change my shirt.”

“I say you just take it off here and let Nick know what he’s got coming…” Mia began to laugh before she could finish her sentence.

After the exposure and the changing they set off on a walk down the beach, Raidyn making sure to keep her distance from the water. Mia and AJ kept pushing each other towards the water, until Mia fell and was tumbled over by a wave.

“So much for dry clothes…” she laughed. AJ took her hand and pulled her up. “Thanks” she smiled.

“Sure…are you feeling better?” he asked as they resumed their walk. “You haven’t been looking so well. At the club you didn’t drink or talk to anyone.” he looked at her and smiled.

“AJ there is something very important that I have to tell you and it’s embarrassing cause it also involves Nick AND some other GUY!” AJ’s eyes flew open at the mention of another guy “I know I’m a slut…sue me! Well I’ve been feeling sick and I didn’t drink at the club because…well I can’t right now.” she stopped and he stopped, letting Raidyn and Nick walk ahead.

“What is it Mia?” he asked already knowing the news that she would be giving him.

“Erm…well…I’m…uh…I’m pregnant AJ and I don’t know who’s it is…” she shook her head, her face turning red. “I know that its horrible…but…I thought I should tell you just in case.” she began to cry again.

“Mia don’t cry…your going to alert the other two…” he pulled her into his arms.

“Nick already knows…” she sniffed.

He hugged her, instinctively kissing her head “It will all work out…I’ll help you, if you want.”

She looked up at him “Really?” he nodded “Oh thanks so much, you and Nick have reacted really different than I thought you would. I mean having a baby is a very…”

“Wait! Your going to have it? You didn‘t mention you were keeping IT.” AJ let her go, and looked out at the distance “I don’t think that is a good idea. Especially when you don’t EVEN know who the DAD is!” he muttered harshly. Mia looked at him surprised, then turned around and ran off as fast as she could.

“MIA!!” Raidyn yelled walking over to AJ, holding Nick’s hand. All three watched Mia run off, Nick and AJ exchanging looks.