- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
*Waving a white flag* I come in peace...here is the start to what you all want. Please don't beat me.

Saturday came and went uneventful, along with Sunday. Raidyn and Adam had stayed in the house, watching movies and playing video games, not wanting to face the world just yet. The awkwardness that Raidyn had feared after her encounter with him never surfaced and she was thankful. Although Sunday evening he turned quiet and very thoughtful, which made her slightly uncomfortable.

Although she was still angry with Nick, she missed him terribly and she did feel guilty for doing what she had. “Your thoughtful.” Adam’s voice broke her concentration.

“Oh I was just…”

“Thinking of Nick…” he said sharply, like it hurt that she would still think of him.

Raidyn looked at him a little startled, they were on their way to the bank. The dreadful Monday morning to start off a new week. “No…actually I wasn’t thinking about him, I was thinking about…Ernie and how the asshole hasn’t even called me yet. What in the world could be happening with him? Are you sure that…” she began.

“No…I told you already Ray, Dave hasn’t called me ok. Jeez” she was a little startled at his lack of patience this morning, maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. There was silence as they hopped out and headed for the doors.

“Adam” she grabbed his arm “Is something bothering you? You’re a little edgy this morning.”

He rolled his eyes and pulled away from her “I’m fucking fine Ray. Alright. Try not to fuck up anything today.” by the time they got to the glass doors, Stephanie was standing with the door half open for them, a wide grin on her face.

Nick set off for his usual walk, he was sad that Angel was gone. She brightened up the house and kept everything in peace, between Mia and him, the whole weekend they had been at each other’s throats. Once over the control, and another because she had requested McDonalds in the middle of the night. “Let’s go Iggy.” he whistled to the dog as he started jogging disappearing in the morning mist.

Mia made way to the kitchen, after enduring on her bathroom visit from her daily morning sickness. She was only two months and a half and felt like she was carrying a watermelon inside of her. “Fuck she muttered staring at her swollen feet.

“You gonna use that language around that baby?” the voice startled her, but she recognized it right away “Oh sorry! Didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Oh yeah that smirk tells me otherwise. What brings you around here?” she popped a prenatal vitamin into her mouth.

“Two different things…Beth and I…” she rolled her eyes at the mention of Beth’s name “We were researching for paternity tests and they have this one that you can do while pregnant. They just draw your blood and they take saliva or hair from the potential fathers, it takes about two weeks to find out. I’ll pay for it I just need it to happen ASAP.” he rubbed his neck, waiting for her to ask him, what the hurry was.

“Oh wow! Your definitely anxious to find out huh? Well that sounds good…” she was hoping he wouldn’t catch on that his rush bothered her. “May I ask what the rush is?” she tried smiling.

He took a deep breath and drew close “Mia, I would love to the be the father of this baby, but what would happen after that you know. Things with you are never certain, at least that’s what I’ve seen. I know that you are doing good, now that you know that your pregnant. It’s just that…” he rambled on.

“Just say it AJ…come out and say it.” just as she demanded, Nick walked in the door, Iggy trailing behind. “Nick! AJ has something important to tell us and he found out how we can get a paternity test while I’m still pregnant and he’s going to pay for it. Isn’t that great. You guys are going to be rid of me very soon…” she choked, walking away.

Nick shook his head in confusion “Man, these Gonzales girls are a handful, they are going to make me old quick. So what’s the big news?” He took out two bottles of water and handed one to AJ.

He opened it quickly and took a long drink “Uh…Beth and I got engaged and we are going to have an engagement party in two weeks.”

“Holy shit!” Nick blurted, as he slumped into the sofa, Iggy jumping into his lap “Move Iggy…damn dog. So your getting married? You really love Beth? I mean I thought you had it bad for Mia, I’ve seen the way you look at her, you know.” Nick whispered.

AJ looked away “I don’t know if I love Beth…but I’m only getting older Nick. I just want to settle down and you know that Mia, is not that type of woman. What happens after the baby, she goes back to her wild ways. Then I’ll be left like a bitch watching the kid, while she is out there doing God knows who or what. Hell no! With Beth a good marriage is guaranteed.” He stood up and began to pace.

“AJ…nothing is guaranteed man. I just hope that your not making a mistake. I know that she has strong feelings for you, she is praying to whatever she does…that this baby is yours. You have to go in there and tell her.” he pointed towards the hallway.

“Can’t you tell her now that you know. I just don’t want to see her face…” he sighed, Nick still pointing his finger “Alright…I’ll do it!” he walked down the hall like a scolded child.

Raidyn counted out loud to her last customer of the day, she had tried hard not to make any mistakes, trying to avoid the wrath of the blue eyed monster. “Twenty, forty, sixty, eighty, one hundred…thank you and have a good evening.” she smiled, happy that the lady was pleased and was on her way out. All she wanted was to go home and relax, have her daily conversation and dinner with Adam. Something she was getting to accustomed to.

She counted her drawer and then proceeded to put away her cash with the rest of the group. They all shuffled out, laughing and talking about their weekends as she stayed behind and began putting things away. Stephanie had been rather cheery today and if she wasn’t mistaken, her smile was almost mocking. Whatever!

“Hey listen…” she smiled at the sound of the voice.

“Listen…I was thinking that we could…” she took a seat on a stool. “Maybe go out…”

He quickly cut her off “I can’t tonight Ray, I have a date. I totally forgot about it, but you can drive the truck home. She’ll drop me off later.” he pulled on his black suit jacket, and straightened his blue shirt.

It took her a couple of minutes to answer “Oh yeah sure.” As she watched him, she came to the conclusion that he was going through the regretful stage. Oh great he‘s regretting what happened. That is the stage he‘s in the one that’s in between disappointment and denial or the other way around. Who cares. He‘s being an ass, I guess he got what he wanted…screw the big girl. Men are so… Had she been that bad? Did her body bother him that much? She was dying to ask him, but she didn’t want to let him feel her desperation for answers, or the pang of jealousy in the pit of her stomach.

The rest of the shutting down procedures were done in silence and she didn’t say anything as she climbed into the truck and drove off. She wanted to cry, for being so stupid and falling into bed with him. What was she thinking…now she had betrayed Nick with someone he definitely didn’t like. I’ll never let him know. Honesty Raidyn…you want it, you have to give it too.

Adam sighed in frustration as he called a taxi cab. He was angry with himself for treating her like that, he could see the insecurities growing in her eyes. Something he hated. All those days spent helping her build a wall of self worth and now he was knocking it down, with his indifference. He took out his cell phone and dialed as he leaned against the wall to wait. “Yo…I need…would you listen before you…fuck you! Fucking listen…I have to talk to you, it’s important. Fine…I’ll meet you there.”

Mia wiped away the tears as AJ sat next to her “Oh come on Mia don’t cry please. I have to go on with my life, baby or no baby. Things were never serious with me and you…we were just screwing each other.”

“So you don’t feel anything for me AJ. How about all those odd looks…YOUR GETTING MARRIED CAUSE YOUR SCARED!!” she stood up to walk towards the door.

“What the fuck could I be scared of?” he turned to look at her.

She locked the door and ran into him “Of having feelings for me AJ…” she kissed him, but he was to shocked to react. “You know that you at least like me…that you think about me when your with her…” she breathed into his ear, then covered his mouth with hers.

“Mia…this is not going to happen…” he breathed hard, feeling his blood boil with desire. “Stop…” he whispered, but she insisted, then he suddenly reacted grabbing her roughly and pulling her against him, kissing her passionately. “Is this what you want Mia?” his hands began to undress her.

“Yes” she sighed.

Nick walked in circles in front of the park bench impatiently. He didn’t even know what the hell he was doing there anyways. Then he remembered that it involved Raidyn. The leaves rustled with the fresh breeze and the people around him were in their own little worlds.

“Sorry I’m late I had to catch a cab.”

Nick really didn’t’ care what he had to catch, all he wanted was for him to say what he had come to say. “Why the park? Shit, what could you possibly want to tell me.” he cocked his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

“Alright…I picked the park, cause it wont be such a scene when you hit me. Listen, Ray still loves you…unfortunately. I just want you two to patch up things, before you make more mistakes.” he paused looking in the distance.

“Mistakes?” his fists balled, he was already guessing what Adam was going to tell him. If only he would hurry up, and confirm it. “How do you even know we can patch up things? Raidyn is difficult. Anyways like you care.”

“I do care, about her mostly. She’s great…and I want her to be happy again. Look years ago I fucked up our friendship Nick. What I did to Leslie was low…and I can never make it better with her. I know that we will never be friends again,but if I can give you what you love most…then just come and pick her up already. Clear things up with her, she loves you and Mia so much, I hear her crying at night. I think once the truth sinks in, things will go back…” he couldn’t finish the sentence it was dragging him down, the thought of no Raidyn in his home.

Nick smirked “Wow quite the therapist, but I thought you graduated in finances. This is all sweet, but I’m done with Raidyn. You can have her…”

Adam sighed “Don’t tell me that, cause I’ll keep her. I know you guys love each other and you should just forgive and try to forget…” he cleared his throat. “Uh before you do take her back…cause I knew your dying to.” he wiped his face “Friday night Raidyn and I…we…uh…”

Nick swung as hard as he could, before Adam could find the word to fit the deed he was talking about. There was a cracking sound and Adam stumbled back, holding his nose. “Yeah I knew that was coming. It’s ok…you can do it again, if you please.” he hardened his face.

“My pleasure…” Nick swung again, this time hitting Adam in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him. He folded in pain. “That’s what you wanted huh? Raidyn on your ’I fucked her’ list, ever since that night at the club." he huffed with anger. Images of the two together made his stomach twist with disgust and aggravation.

"It's nothing like that. I just see the pain it causes to be away from you and I want HER to be happy. So just think about it." he wiped his nose on his jacket sleeve.

Nick smirked "You bet your ass I will be coming for her…keep your hands off of her and your dick in your pants. Asshole.” Nick walked away, cursing a storm, while Adam stood holding his nose and stomach.

Chapter End Notes:
So I hope that wasn't so boring...thanks ladies for sticking with me and my story...love ya!