- Text Size +

Epilogue

-2 years later-

Alexa inhaled deeply from where she stood at the back of the old, beautiful church. The next day, she would be walking down the long aisle in front of her to become Mrs. Brian Littrell.


Everything was already put together for the next day. The alter was set with grand bouquets of flowers. At the end of every pew hung smaller bouquets of red and white roses. A deep red carpet lined the aisle that would be leading her to the love of her life. Everything was perfect.


Alexa jumped when she felt a set of strong arms wrap around her from behind. She smiled when she felt Brian's lips on her neck. “Hello, soon-to-be Mrs. Littrell.”


Alexa laughed softly. “Hello, soon-to-be Mr. Alexa Owens.”


Brian laughed as Alexa turned around and kissed him softly. “You think so, huh?”


Alexa shrugged. “It's only fair. I take your name, you take mine.”


Brian rolled his eyes, playfully. “I think that defeats the purpose.”


Alexa smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck. “Details.”


Brian laughed and kissed her again. “It looks amazing in here.”


“I know.” Alexa replied, turning around to look back at the church. “It's beautiful.”


“Second thoughts?” Brian asked, smirking casually.


“Not a single one.” Alexa replied confidently. She had never been more sure of anything in her life. “You?”


“Not in your lifetime, Baby.” Brian reached down and grabbed her hand gently between his. “Want to go get some dinner before our lovely friends sweep us away from each other for the night?”


Alexa took one look back at the church, already wishing that it were the next day. “Absolutely.”


------


As Brian stood in front of the tilted full length mirror that stood in the corner of his dressing room, he admired his appearance. He was dressed in a full black tuxedo with a deep-red tie. He smiled to himself as he straightened the tie in the mirror. “Looking good, Littrell.” Brian said to himself, then chuckled.


There was a soft knock at the door. Brian turned around, just as AJ peeked inside. “Hey, Man, are you ready?”


Brian smiled and let out a satisfied breath. “Completely.”


“Well, then, come on.” AJ replied, with a smile playing on his lips. It was hard not to smile when your best friend was so completely happy. “Let's get married, Buddy.”


Brian walked out of the dressing room behind AJ and took his place at the alter. On a cool fall day nine months earlier, Brian had asked Alexa to marry to him. It was Thanksgiving. They were at Brian's parents' house. Brooke, Lance, Wesley and baby Samantha were also in attendance. Brian had called Alexa's family months before to make sure that they would be there when he popped the big question.


Brian was shocked that Alexa didn't see it coming from a mile away. The entire day, his mom kept cornering Alexa and hugging her tightly and telling her how happy she was that Alexa was in their lives. Later, Alexa had told him that she was afraid that he was leaving her. It was after dinner and the entire family was gathered around the table. Harold, Leslie and their, now two-year-old, Hailey, were across from where Brian and Alexa were sitting. Brooke and her family were sitting beside Alexa down the side of the long table. Brian jiggled the ring nervously in his pocket.


During dessert, Brian stood up from his spot at the table and turned to Alexa. The entire room fell silent, knowing what about about to come. Brian smiled at Alexa who was looking up at him nervously. “Alexa,” Brian started, slowly.


“Brian,” Alexa responded, causing a chuckle to resonate throughout the room.


Brian laughed and looked down at his feet for a moment. When he looked back into her deep, blue eyes all of his nerves instantly melted away. “I need you to stand up for me.”


Alexa looked at him confused then shrugged her shoulders and stood. “What are you doing?”


“Just hush, okay?” Alexa nodded and Brian continued on, smiling. “Behind every good man, is a good woman. We've all heard the phrase before, but I am living it first hand. You're the hip to my hop. You're the Simon to my Garfunkel. You're my world, my strength, my home. You're everything.” Brian then fell to his knee in front of her and produced a brilliant princess-cut diamond ring. “Alexa, will you make me the happiest man alive and do me the honor of becoming my wife?”


Tears sprang to Alexa's eyes. Without a moment's hesitation, she nodded and said, “Yes.”


Brian then slipped the ring on her finger and pressed his mouth against hers. He couldn't describe the feeling that was running through him at that moment, it was a heavenly-like elation.


Now, months later, here he stood. Waiting for the love of his life to make her way down the aisle. Brian could feel the tears springing to his eyes as the first chords of Pachelbel's Canon in D began to play. Brian watched as his groomsman walked Alexa's bridesmaids down the aisle, followed by his two nieces, Samantha and Hailey, as flower girls, and his new little nephew, Wesley, as the ring bearer. A chill ran through Brian as the bride's introduction began to play and the attendees stood.


At his first glimpse of Alexa, Brian's heart skipped a beat. She had never been more beautiful. Her hair was up in whispy curls. Her sleeveless, floor-length dress featured a splash of color around her waist that matched Brian's tie. There was a heavenly glow that shined off of her. She was an angel. She was his angel.


Alexa could feel the tears beginning to build in the back of her throat as she made her way toward Brian. She grabbed tighter onto Bernard's arm in order to steady herself. Out of every decision that she had to make regarding the wedding, asking Bernard to walk her down the aisle had been the easiest. Bernard had immediately accepted.


As she walked slowly down the aisle, every eye in the building was on Alexa, but she was watching Brian. She couldn't take her eyes off of the man that was soon going to be her husband. Alexa never thought that it was humanly possibly to be that happy.


When she reached the alter, Bernard kissed her cheek softly and then gave her hand to Brian. “Be good to each other,” Bernard whispered softly before taking his seat in the first row.


Brian took Alexa's hand as she ascended the few stairs to her place at the altar. She looked at him and smiled. “I love you.” She mouthed, with a soft smile.


“I love you more.” Brian mouthed back and then winked.


Throughout the ceremony Brian and Alexa's worlds melded. They said their “I dos” quickly. When the priest announced that he may now kiss the bride, Brian eagerly took Alexa into his arms and dipped her backwards. Brian smiled down at beautiful wife, “You have no idea what you've just gotten yourself into, lady.”


Alexa laughed. “I'm willing to try anything once.” Brian then leaned down and kissed Alexa passionately much to the cheers of everyone in attendance.


Both Brian and Alexa had finally gotten everything that either of them had every dreamed of. They may have skinned their knees crawling to get here, but anything this good had to be worth crawling for.



Chapter End Notes:
So, this is the end. I want to thank everyone that took the time to read my story all the way through! I hope that you enjoyed it.

I will be posting a preview chapter to a sequel that I am thinking of writing soon. It's not a definite, but we'll see what happens. That's all for now!