- Text Size +
Chapter 9

The tour had been going on for a few weeks and although Ashley had fun going to the shows every night she was beginning to get bored. There was no one her age except the few fans who were around at the sound checks.

“Hey kiddo.” AJ shoved her playfully before sitting across from her. “How’s your homework coming along?”

“Almost done for the week.” She sighed closing her laptop.

“This week?” AJ laughed. “It’s only Tuesday.”

“I like to get it out of the way fast.”

“So are you having fun?”

“Yea. The show’s great but I get bored sometimes. Aunt Denise won’t let me do anything.”

“Well I know you remember Aaron, but I don’t think you met his sister Angel. They’re gonna be here for a few days next week.” He informed her.

“Really?” she smiled. “I haven’t seen Aaron in a long time.”

“So at least you’ll have someone your age to hang with for a while.”




It was a few days later and Ashley was just finishing up her homework. She closed her laptop and went back out into the backstage area. She was looking around for he aunt when someone backed into her.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.” Aaron said smiling a little then resuming to look around.

“Looking for something?” Ashley asked.

“Yea, I left my game boy somewhere around here and I can’t find it now.” He searched around the table until a tall brunette approached them.

“Looking for this air head?” Angel laughed handing him his game boy. “You left it in the van.”

“Thanks!” he turned it on and walked away to resume his game.

“Don’t mind my brother. He’d loose his head if it wasn’t attached.” She teased. “You’re AJ’s cousin right?”

“Yup, Ashley.” She smiled at her.

“I’m Angel. Your aunt said I could find you back here.” She sat down on one of the couches and Ashley joined her.

“How long are you gonna be here for?” Ashley asked.

“Only a few days. Aaron has a little break from his tour. We don’t really get to see Nick much so my mom said we could come visit.”

“That’s cool. I wish you guys were staying longer. It gets so boring here sometimes.”

“I could imagine. I get bored on Aaron’s tour too sometimes.” Angel looked down at her watch. “My mom said there’s a mall around here. She said she’d take me. Do you wanna come with us?”

“I’d have to ask my aunt. She doesn’t like me going anywhere without her.”

“My mom will talk to her don’t worry. It’ll be fun and we can get out of here until the boys show.”


Denise agreed to let Ashley go to the mall with Angel and Jane. She even gave her some money to spend. When they arrived Jane let them go off on their own and the girls had fun shopping and flirting with cute boys.

Ashley loved having another girl her age there to hang out with. The truth is she didn’t have many friends back at home. Her and Angel got along great and had bonded fast in the short time that she had been there. She was happy that she finally had someone to talk to who understood what she was going threw.

For the next few days Ashley and Angel had fun hanging out and getting to know each other. Ashley wished that she could stay longer but Aaron's break was over soon and they still had to go home to see the rest of the family before going back out on the road.

The girls promised to keep each other company on the boring bus trips threw the Internet and Angel made her promise that she’d come visit their house in California once the tour was over. She was sad to see her go but happy that she had finally made a good friend that she could trust.