- Text Size +
The tour had finally ended and Denise and Ashley had just returned home. Ashley couldn’t believe it was already December. She was excited for the upcoming holiday season but at the same time she knew it was her first Christmas without her mom.

Ashley was sitting in her room talking to Angel on the phone when Denise knocked on her door.

“Can I come in sweetie?” she asked poking her head threw the door.

“Angel I’ll call you back later.” She said as she hung up the phone and placed it back on the stand. “Sure.” She smiled at Denise.

Denise sat down on the bed.

“Are you happy to be back home?” she asked picking up the magazine Ashley had been looking threw.

“Yea. It feels good to sleep in my own bed for a change.” She smiled. “When’s Alex coming back home?”

AJ had traveled to Los Angeles after the tour finished to meet with some of his managers and producers to talk about a solo project that he was working on.

“That’s what I came in here to talk to you about.” Denise put the magazine back down. “Alex just told me that he’s thinking about buying a house out there in California and wanted to know if we would spend Christmas out there.”

“In California?” she thought about it for a second. Maybe it would be good for her to not spend Christmas in Florida. It would remind her less of her mom.

“It sounds like a cool idea. Would we have to fly?”

Ever since the accident Ashley dreaded flying. She wasn’t sure if she could handle the 5-hour flight to California.

“I know that you’re nervous about flying, but I promise it won’t be that bad” Denise reassured her.

“It sounds cool. I could see Angel and I’ve always wanted to go to California.”

“Good. I’ll have Alex make the arrangements. “ She smiled as she headed out the door.




It was the week before Christmas and Ashley and Denise had safely arrived in California. Ashley couldn’t wait until the following week. Angel was having a Christmas party and the two were going shopping for the perfect outfits.

Ashley heard her phone ringing as she searched her bed for it tossing clothes all about.

“Gotcha!” she said laughing as she picked it up. “Hello?”

“Hey girl. It’s Angel. We’re gonna be leaving in 10
minutes. Meet me in front of Hollywood and Highland shopping center.”

“Sounds good. See you there.” She said as she hung up and headed downstairs. “Angel said their leaving in a few minutes.” She informed Denise and AJ.

“I’ll bring you over there. I have to go to a few store anyway.” AJ said. “Where are you guys going?”

“Hollywood and Highland.” She informed him.

“Ok let’s get going.” He grabbed his car keys and they headed for his car. When they got there Ashley saw Angel waiting by the front entrance.

“Do you need any money?” he asked before she got out of the car.

“Oh um I don’t know. I was just gonna look around.” She said timidly. She never liked asking for money.

“Ok well if you see something you like let me know and take some money incase you want to eat.” He said handing her some cash.

“Thanks.” She hugged him and left to meet Angel.



The girls shopped around for a little before stopping in the dress store. They looked threw the racks and Ashley’s eyes grew wide when she saw the prices of some of the dresses.

“You need to try this red one on. It would look so cute on you!” Angel said holding up a dress.

“I dunno. I don’t think I can afford any of these. I don’t have any money.”

“And you think I do?” Angel laughed. “You just have to learn how to work the brother.”

“You mean Nick gets you anything you want?” she asked.

“You have so much to learn.” Angel teased. “But you have a good teacher. See Nick gave me a credit card that I can use when my mom won’t let me buy something. He doesn’t care as long as I ask him first.”

“And he never says no?” she was still clueless.

“You just have to learn how to work them. Watch and take notes.” She laughed as she pulled out her cell phone and hit speed dial.

“Hey Nick!” she said as he picked up. “Nothing really. I’m out shopping with Ashley, you know AJ’s cousin.”

She listened for a second before continuing. “Yea we're having fun. I miss you though. When are you coming home?” she rolled her eyes as he continued on.

“Yea mom’s not letting me do anything. I have a Christmas party and she won’t even let me buy a new dress. I saw this really cute one today but she said I had to buy it myself.”

She smiled as Nick spoke.

“Thanks! You’re the best!” she grinned from ear to ear. “I can’t wait to see you next week.” She said as she hung up. “See! That was so easy.”

“I don’t know if I could do that.” Ashley sighed.

“You want to be an actress right?” Ashley nodded. “Well start perfecting it now. It comes naturally trust me.”

“Now let’s find the perfect dresses first.” She said as she pulled a few more off the rack. They both tried on a few dresses before each finding the right ones.

Angel paid for hers and asked them to hold Ashley’s. They called up AJ and met him near the store. He smiled at them as they approached.

“Hey girls. Have fun?”

“Duh. Shopping is always fun.” Angel laughed fixing her bags.

“You look like you stocked up. What cha get.” AJ asked.

“A new dress for my Christmas party and shoes and some accessories.” She smiled.

“You didn’t get anything?” he asked Ashley.

Angel gave her a look saying it was time to go for it.

“I saw one I liked but I don’t have enough money for it.” She frowned a little.

“I told you that if you saw something you liked to let me know.” He reminded her.

“I know. But I don’t like to ask you for money.” She kept up her sweet act.

“Well why don’t we go check out this dress. If it’s up to my standards it yours.”
“Really?” She smiled from ear to ear in excitement.

“Yup. C’mon lead the way.”

Angel gave her a wink and led the way to the store. She went and got the dress and showed it to AJ.

“Isn’t it fantastic?” Angel asked.

“It’s nice.” He looked over at Ashley. “Is this the one you want?”

Ashley nodded with a slight smile on her face.

“Okay then let’s get it. Do you have shoes and everything else for it?”

Ashley kept up her sweet act. “I’m sure I have something at home I could use.”

“You need new shoes. If I always look my best you have to always look your best.” He teased.

Angel helped her pick out shoes and jewelry. When they were done they brought everything to the register for AJ to pay.

“Ok Mr. McLean your total comes to $715.98.” The cashier said as she rang everything up. Ashley’s eyes grew wide. She had never spent that much money on anything before. It didn’t even seem so faze AJ. He just handed her a credit card and handed the bags to Ashley.

“There you go. Now you’re all set for the party. Is there anything else you wanted?” he asked as they walked out of the store.

Ashley was still in shock. “No. This is good. You spent enough money on me today.” She felt bad taking too much advantage of him even though he didn’t seem to mind.

“Why don’t I take you girls out to dinner and then I’ll bring you home. I have a party tonight.”

“Sounds good to us.” Angel smiled.

The girls walked slightly behind AJ and when he was out of ear shot Angel looked over and smiled at her.

"Told you it was easy." they both laughed and then got into the car.