- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
just wanted 2 say sorry for taking so long to update recently ive just been really busy with school and i just started working at a new job so im trying to manage everything as best i can but im trying 2 get better on updating faster but thanks so much for sticking with me!
“Remind me again why we had to lie to your mom?” Jared said sitting around his room late that Saturday afternoon. “Why can’t you just tell her you’re going on a date?” he asked curiously.

Ashley had convinced Jared to go along with her story of spending the day with his family in Los Angeles with his family, but she had been very vague about the whole situation and he was beginning to wonder why.

“She has too many rules about who I can and can’t date and it’s just a hassle. I really like this guy and I don’t want her crazy questioning to scare him off.” She lied. “Plus when I’m with you at your dads I don’t have a curfew.”

“I just hate lying to your mom.” He sighed.

“That’s why I did all the talking.” She rolled her eyes as she flipped through the channels on the TV. “Besides I lie to your dad all the time for you, I think you can do it this once for me.”

“Fine, but I’m not happy about it.” He sighed.

“You don’t have to be as long as we pull it off.” She said getting up from the bed and grabbing the bag she had brought with her. “I have to start getting ready or I’m not gonna be done in time.”

Jared watched as Ashley walked off towards the bathroom to get ready. He knew there was more to the story then what she was letting on, but he knew that he owed her big time for all that she had been doing for him the past few months. As much as he hated to go along with her plan he knew he had no other choice. He was snapped from his thoughts when he heard his bedroom door open again.

“So what do you think?” Ashley asked as she walked back into his room. She was dressed in a denim mini-skirt with a black halter that had a deep neckline.

“You look like you’re twenty.” Jared said in shock as he looked over her outfit.

“Really?” she grinned, looking herself over in the mirror.

“So who is this guy anyway? You’re usually spilling your brains out about new guys, why are you keeping this so hushed?” Jared raised an eyebrow as he watched her continue to get ready.

“His name is Adam and I met him at Angel’s last weekend. I just want to keep things on the low for right now because after everything I’ve been through with guys this year I don’t want to jinx anything.”
Jared looked at her suspiciously knowing there was more to it then that, but he decided not to push it further.

“If tonight goes well then I’ll tell you more, but let’s just leave it at that for now ok?” she smiled at him a little trying to reassure him that there was nothing going on.

“So when is this guy coming to pick you up?” Jared finally decided to drop his suspicions, satisfied with her final answer.

“In like twenty minutes.” Ashley said checking the time. “Are you sure I look ok? I don’t want to seem like I’m overdoing it.’

“Babe, you look amazing. You’ll blow this guy away.” Jared smiled.

“Hope so.” She bit her lip nervously as she looked herself over once more.



Ashley’s phone rang just as she finished straightening her hair. She looked at the caller ID and smiled picking up the phone.

“Hey Adam.”

“I’m outside, I think.” He laughed as he checked the address she had given him one more time.

Ashley peaked out Jared’s window and saw a black car sitting across the street from the house.

“I’ll be out in a minute.” She said and hung up.

“Date’s here?” Jared asked as he looked out the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of the reclusive guy. “He can’t even come to the door to pick you up?”

“Jared I know you’re a hopeless romantic and all that stuff, but no one comes to the door anymore.” Ashley laughed a little.

“I do.”

“Because you think like a woman, not a man.” She teased and hugged him. “I’ll call you when I’m on my way back. I’ll try not to be too late.”

“Have a good time, and be safe.” Jared said as he watched her slip on her heels and leave. He turned his attention back to the window and watched her cross the street and get into the car.

“Hey babe.” Adam grinned as Ashley got into the car. He leaned over and kissed her cheek. “You look amazing.”

“Thanks.” She smiled shyly as she blushed.

“I hope you’re hungry. There’s this really great place in West Hollywood that a friend of mine just opened up. I figured we could try it out.” Adam said as he got onto the highway.

“Sounds good to me.” She fidgeted with hands a little, still nervous about the upcoming night.

“Relax.” Adam smiled as he took hold of her hand, noticing her apprehension. “We’re gonna have a lot of fun to night.”

Ashley just turned and smiled at him as her nervousness slowly started to disappear.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

By the time dinner was over Ashley had loosened up completely. She couldn’t help but smile as Adam placed a hand on her lower back as he led her out of the restaurant.

“So what else would you like to do?” Adam asked as they waited for his car in front of the restaurant. “The night is young.”

“I don’t know.” Ashley shrugged a little. “I’m up for anything.”

“Well why don’t we go back to my house, relax for a little and try to figure something out.”

“Sounds good to me.”

The valet pulled the car up front and they made their way back to Adam’s house. After a short drive Ashley looked up as they pulled into the drive way.

“This is where you live?” she said eyeing the large house in front of her.

“Yea my brother and his girlfriend live in the back but the main house is mine.” He said as they got out of the car.

“That’s cool.” She smiled as they walked through the front door.

They walked into the living room and Ashley took a seat as the phone began to ring.

“I’ll be right back, let me just get this call quick.” He said looking at the caller ID. He picked up the phone and walked into the other room as Ashley sat around taking in her surroundings.

“You wouldn’t want to go to a party tonight, would you?” Adam asked as he came back into the living room after hanging up the phone. “That was one of my boys. He told about this new DJ spinning at Club X tonight. It’s supposed to be insane.”

“Sounds good, but incase you forgot I can’t exactly get into a club.”

“Don’t worry about that, I know the bouncer. Just smile and look pretty and I’ll do all the talking.” He smiled and leaned in taking the opportunity to kiss her. “I’m sorry, I’ve been wanting to do that all night.”

A shy smile crept back on Ashley’s face as she felt her cheeks blush. She licked her lips and pulled him back to her kissing him once more.

“We’re gonna be out pretty late, is that ok?” Adam asked as he pulled away from the kiss.

“I’ll get around it.” Ashley grinned. She pulled out her phone and stood up. “I just need to make a phone call and we should be good to go.”

Ashley walked to the main foyer of the house and dialed her house.

“Hey mom!” she said as Denise picked up. “Everything’s going good, we’re having a fun time.”

She listened as Denise talked before starting again.

“Jared’s starting to get a little tired and his dad really doesn’t want him to drive home tonight. Would it be ok if we just stayed here and came home in the morning?” she smiled as Denise agreed to her staying the night. “Thanks mom, I’ll see you tomorrow, probably in the afternoon.”

“Party’s a go.” She smiled as she walked back into the living room.

“Good, we’re gonna have a lot of fun.” He smiled and pulled her back down onto the couch and into another kiss. “When do you have to be home?”

“I told her I’d be home sometime tomorrow afternoon.” She said as she placed her phone down.

“How’d you swing that?”

“She thinks I’m with my friends’ family. I guess for some reason she still trusts me.” Ashley shrugged.

“Is there some reason why she shouldn’t?” he raised an eyebrow as he pulled her from next to him to his lap, his leg resting on her thigh.

“You tell me.” She smirked at him licking her lips as she leaned in and kissed him once more.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Angel sighed as Ashley’s voice mail answered once again. She hung up the phone, not bothering to leave a message and called her house number. After a few rings Denise picked up.

“Hi Denise, it’s Angel. I was trying to get in touch with Ashley but she’s not answering her phone.” Angel said.

“Oh I’m sorry sweet heart, she’s not home tonight. She’s at Jared’s father’s house. I’m not sure when she’ll be home.” Denise informed her. “Maybe you can reach her on his phone. They’re having a barbeque I’m sure she just doesn’t have her phone on her at the moment.”

“Thanks, I’ll try that.” Angel said before hanging up.

Angel searched through her contact list for Jared’s number calling him.

“Hello.” Jared answered after a few rings.

“Hey hun, it’s Angel. Is Ashley around? I need to ask her something.”

“Oh umm…” Jared trailed off not sure what to say. “She’s not exactly with me right now.”

“Where is she?”

“She’s out on a date.” Jared said timidly.

“Why did Denise say she was out with you then?”

“She needed me to cover for her. She said she didn’t want to deal with all of Denise’s questioning.”

“Who is she out with?” Angel was beginning to grow angry, knowing who Jared was going to say. She couldn’t believe Ashley would go against her word, after promising never to talk to Adam. “It better not be Adam.”

“Yeah, that’s him. Why? Who is this guy?” Jared said now beginning to get nervous.

“He’s scum.” Angel sighed, anger apparent in her voice. “He’s this 22 year old sleaze ball who has nothing better to do then hit on younger girls and deal drugs.”

“What?” Jared said not believing what Angel was saying. “That’s why she was so vague on everything that was going on. She knew if I knew I wouldn’t let her go.”

“I can’t believe she would go out with him after she promised me that she would never talk to him again.” Angel shook her head in disappointment. ”That’s why she hasn’t talked to me this week.”

“I can’t believe she would lie to me about this. I mean I knew something was up but is she really stupid enough to go out with someone like that?”

“Apparently.” Angel sighed. “Whatever, I’m done warning her. Let her learn the hard way.”