- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
sooo sorry this took so long to get up. I was out of town since Thursday and didn't know I wouldn't have internet access.
Two months had passed since their trial living arrangement and things were still going smoothly. Denise called everyday being the typical worrying mother but was happy to hear how well things had been going between the two. Ashley was doing well in school and hadn’t had any more trouble with bullies. Most weekends, if Ashley didn’t have rehearsals, they would stay at AJ’s house so he could get some work done. Ashley liked being in the house a lot more then the condo because she had more room and privacy and AJ just liked sleeping in his own bed.

The weather had been particularly nice for the time of year and Ashley was upstairs in her room getting ready as she had invited Jared, Tina and a few other friends over to hang out at the hot tub and have a barbeque before it started to cool back down.

“Ash your friends are already here, what are you doing?” AJ yelled up the stairs as the doorbell rang.

“I’m almost ready, chill out.” She yelled back down to him. “They can survive a few minutes without me.”

“Just hurry up. It’s rude to keep people waiting.” AJ moved over to the door and opened it thinking it was another of Ashley’s friends. “Yo man, what’s up? I wasn’t expecting to see you.”

“I was around the way, figured I’d stop by see how you’re doing.” Nick said from the other side of the door.

“Man it’s been all good, just a little crazy.” He opened the door more to allow Nick to step in. “My sister moved in with me towards the end of September so we’ve been moving back and forth between the house and the condo when she’s in school.”

“For real?” Nick asked with a raised brow and a laugh. “You’re like a professional bachelor, never thought you’d be the father type.”

“I’m not trying to be her father, I would probably be dead by now. I’m just trying to help her out and keep her in California. My mom moved back to Orlando and she has more opportunities here so I said she could stay.”

“How’s that working out for ya? Must be putting a damper on the lady situation.” He said as they walked into the living room.

“I have never been more frustrated in my life, if you catch my drift.” AJ said taking a seat on the couch.

“Your sister moves in so you can’t get any at all?” he laughed. “That has to suck.”

“It’s not that I can’t I just have less time and a lot less privacy.” He laughed shaking his head. “We have some rules and she watches me like a hawk and gets on my case the second I forget one.”

“I would die.” Nick shook his head laughing.

“I’m surviving. So how has everything been going? I heard the album it’s pretty good. Ashley listens to it all the time.”

“It’s been hectic and different, but I think its going good. Some time in December I start touring. It’s short but it should be fun, we’ve already started working with the band and all that stuff.”

“That’s really cool, I’m sure Ash will know about it before I do but if you’re in town let me know and I’ll definitely come to a show.”

“Yea, I don’t know the schedule I just get off when the bus stops.” He laughed. “I think I’m in LA though for something. I should listen more when the tell me this crap but whatever.”

“Well when you’re with us there’s no need to listen. That’s what Howie’s for.” AJ laughed.

Just then the doorbell rang and Ashley’s footsteps could be heard running towards the stairs.

“I got it!” she called out as she ran down the steps and to the door.

She opened the door and grinned seeing Ryan and Danny on the other side. Ryan and Ashley had been hanging out a lot over the past two months and although they weren’t officially dating Ashley was really beginning to like him and hoped to change that soon.

“Hey.” Danny waved slightly.

“Hey babe.” Ryan smiled and pulled her into a quick hug as he stepped inside. “Nice bikini. Did I mention how glad I am that the sun decided to come out this weekend?” He smirked looking her over.

“Shut up perv.” She teased smacking his arm before taking his hand to lead him outside. “A few of my friends are already here. They’re just hanging out back. Angel isn’t here yet, but she said she would be late.”

She walked past the living room not noticing AJ in there and continued outside.

“Hey!” AJ called out to her as she passed.

“You guys have met Jared before, just go out side and I’ll be out in a sec. I gotta see what he wants.” Ashley smiled and turned to walk back into the house.

“What?” she asked stopping in the walkway of the living room.

“Nick stopped by, it would be nice of you to say hi.”

“How was I supposed to know he was here?” Ashley shrugged and walked into the living room. “Hey Nick, long time so see.” She smiled and gave him a small wave.

“What no hug?” Nick teased.

“Hey. If I remember correctly the last time I tried to hug you, you were all ‘dude you need to stop invading my personal space’ ” she laughed mocking him.

“That’s because you were like eleven and a clingy little teeny bopper.”

“For your information I was twelve and was so not a teeny bopper.” She defended herself.

“Yea, you pretty much were.” AJ laughed taking sides with Nick.

“You guys suck.” She pouted.

“Just kidding, you were coolest, non teeny bopperest twelve year old ever.” Nick said sarcastically with a snicker.

“Loser, now you’re definitely not getting a hug.” she crossed her arms.

“Come on, you know you wanna.” He said standing from the couch and stretching his arms open awaiting her hug.

“Not really.”

“Don’t lie, I can see it in your eyes. You still have a soft side for me and you know it.” He smirked.

“Only because I know if I don’t you’ll bug the hell out of me for the rest of my life.” Ashley rolled her eyes and laughed shaking her head as she hugged him.

“You know that was a life long dream come true for you.” He teased as he pulled away from the hug.

“Be careful boot your own ego any more and you might not make it out the door.” She teased patting him on the shoulder. “Now if you two butt heads don’t mind I have friends waiting on me.”

“You can go.” AJ laughed. “Let me know when you guys get hungry and I’ll start the grill.”

“Will do. Nick you should hang around for a little, Angel’s coming over soon.”

“Do you know when?” Nick said glancing at his phone to check the time.

Ashley just shrugged and left the room.

“She sure has grown up since I last saw her.” Nick said glancing over his shoulder as Ashley walked out of the room.”

“Keep your eyes in your head Carter.” AJ said smacking him on the back of his head.

“I’m only human, you can’t blame me.” Nick chuckled.

“Just remember she’s the same age as your sister.” He reminded him.

“All I said was she’s grown up since the last time I’ve seen her.” He defended himself.

“I’m just letting it be known.”

“Relax bro, I have a girl and I’m not the cradle robbing type.” Nick said with a laugh.

“Just a warning for now or the future.”

“Let’s just change the subject.” He said laughing at how over protective AJ was being. “I didn’t know that Ashley and my sister were friends.”

“Where the hell have you been?” AJ laughed. “They’ve been friends for like 3 or 4 years.”

“Guess I gotta get with the program.” He chuckled. “I have an interview in an hour in LA, but I’ll stop by again when I’m done if you don’t mind. I haven’t seen Angel in a while.”

“I think she’s spending the night so come back whenever.” AJ said as he stood to walk Nick to the door.

“Thanks bro, I’ll hit you up when I’m on my way back.” He said as he walked out.

“See ya man.”